ADVERTISEMENT

The 3 point shooting contest between Steph Curry and Sabrina Ionescu

Why do kids play with smaller balls and goals? Ohhhhh because they’re smaller… are your ex-wife’s hands as big as yours? Is she as big as you(not weight, we know the answer)? Can you outrun her, quicker, stronger?

Huh…well what do you know, we’re bigger, stronger and more athletic but WHY ARENT THEY PLAYING WITH THE SAME BALL!!!!????!!?!!!!?

And then you want to laugh because they can barely dunk with a women’s ball but you want them to have to dunk a men’s ball?

No matter what they do, you’ll find a loophole showing they’re not equal or as good as men…

Yeah well we know that, that’s why they have their own league bruh.

This is a silly debate. So, I’ll dive in!

Middle school boys play with full size basketballs even though their hands are often smaller. And, they do just fine. Do women really need a smaller ball?

You make the case that women are not as good as men in your post.

Should they shorten the goals for women? That might actually improve the game.

Reactions: Col. Angus

Middle school boys play with full size basketballs even though their hands are often smaller. And, they do just fine. Do women really need a smaller ball?

I don’t care what they do for their game, anything they want. Won’t bother me and I can’t fathom why it bothers anyone else.

What bothers me is people that don’t even play or watch the sport getting mad about a game that’s “awful” and “boring” and they never watch.

Why would they care? It makes zero sense…

I don’t care what they do for their game, anything they want. Won’t bother me and I can’t fathom why it bothers anyone else.

What bothers me is people that don’t even play or watch the sport getting mad about a game that’s “awful” and “boring” and they never watch.

Why would they care? It makes zero sense…

I don’t like the women’s game.

[that is an opinion for a message board that exists for opinions]

And, I don’t care what they do, but am not sure why they felt the need to play with a smaller ball. It seems they wanted to make hitting shots easier compared to the regulation rim. I don’t buy the hand size argument.

So, if you want to make the women’s game more exciting, let them play on a 9 foot goal so a few of them can get above the rim. That may make the game more fun to watch.

Frankly I think pro golfers should play with bigger golf balls. And smaller club heads. And waste less water on grass.

1) Not all middle school boys play with full size basketballs. I moved from a place that used full size basketballs starting in 5th grade to a place where we used women's balls in 8th grade. My handles were insane that year, btw., but I'd argue it threw me off the following year in high school ball.

2) Women are not as good as men in basketball. That's a fact as women on average are about half as strong and 90% as fast, both of which are important for basketball. Can they be as skilled shooting as guys? I don't see why not.

3) I actually think they should have put the women's rim down to 9'6". But the challenge is a cost thing. A different size basketball is like $20. A different size basketball goal either requires a different court, or a mechanical way to lower it. So I think they realized it was cost prohibitive to do this.

Lastly, I think they shouldn't compare the two. Women's basketball is becoming a better product. It looks different and that's okay.

Reactions: roguemocha
I don’t like the women’s game.

[that is an opinion for a message board that exists for opinions]

And, I don’t care what they do, but am not sure why they felt the need to play with a smaller ball. It seems they wanted to make hitting shots easier compared to the regulation rim. I don’t buy the hand size argument.

So, if you want to make the women’s game more exciting, let them play on a 9 foot goal so a few of them can get above the rim. That may make the game more fun to watch.
They introduced the new ball in 1984. As the other poster mentioned...that's an easy thing. Think about all of the junior high and high school hoops around the nation (and some college)....they are fixed hoops and they would need to spend a significant amount of money to make a basketball hoop adjustable. That just isn't doable.

You ever held hands with a woman? Their hands are like 15% smaller. The ball they use is like 3.5% smaller. Relax dude.

Why do kids play with smaller balls and goals? Ohhhhh because they’re smaller… are your ex-wife’s hands as big as yours? Is she as big as you(not weight, we know the answer)? Can you outrun her, quicker, stronger?

Huh…well what do you know, we’re bigger, stronger and more athletic but WHY ARENT THEY PLAYING WITH THE SAME BALL!!!!????!!?!!!!?

And then you want to laugh because they can barely dunk with a women’s ball but you want them to have to dunk a men’s ball?

No matter what they do, you’ll find a loophole showing they’re not equal or as good as men…

Yeah well we know that, that’s why they have their own league bruh.
Ok, whatever… seems like some of you have strong feelings on the subject. I don’t really care much at all about it. Just an observation on my part, and perhaps a notion that if I were a woman, I’d be a little peeved about having to play with a different size ball.

I could be wrong, but I’m unaware of other sports played by both women and men where the size of the ball is different. Pretty sure soccer uses the same size ball. Golf balls are universally the same dimensions I believe. Bowling has varying size and weights of balls, but players select the balls they wish to use as far as I know. Maybe I’m missing another sport where this occurs.

It just seems to me if you’re going to have a man and woman compete against each other in a 3 point shooting contest, it will inevitably be pointed out the ball size differed, therefore ultimately making the contest somewhat lame.

Anyway, carry on.

Reactions: Catman100
1) Not all middle school boys play with full size basketballs. I moved from a place that used full size basketballs starting in 5th grade to a place where we used women's balls in 8th grade. My handles were insane that year, btw., but I'd argue it threw me off the following year in high school ball.

2) Women are not as good as men in basketball. That's a fact as women on average are about half as strong and 90% as fast, both of which are important for basketball. Can they be as skilled shooting as guys? I don't see why not.

3) I actually think they should have put the women's rim down to 9'6". But the challenge is a cost thing. A different size basketball is like $20. A different size basketball goal either requires a different court, or a mechanical way to lower it. So I think they realized it was cost prohibitive to do this.

Lastly, I think they shouldn't compare the two. Women's basketball is becoming a better product. It looks different and that's okay.

I think women’s soccer is as enjoyable as men’s to watch. I think women’s volleyball is high energy and fun to watch. I would, however, prefer watching a HS boys basketball game over a women’s college game. Just preference.

Women's sports ... oxymoron no?

Kidding guys

I have a daughter that competes in archery. She outscores a lot of the boys. That is a different sport tho. She had no desire nor could compete in soccer or basketball etc. Not her thing.

Women's Olympic and college sports I get. General Profesional Women's sports I don't get. They aren't profitable. Most are subsidized.

I had no idea they used smaller balls. Shame on them

I blame Big Basketball. They have a monopoly on basketballs and if they force them to play with different sizes that’s twice the amount of basketballs to sell.

Man it’s not just him, this garbage has been everywhere. It’s no different than these dudes hating on Swift for the camera shots in football games.

These “guys” get sooooo upset seeing successful women do things they could never achieve and it drives them crazy to where they scream about it online and get ACTUALLY mad about it, hilarious.

Someone has to shut them up and give them facts, so here I am.
Guess the thing I’m driving at is fighting toxic masculinity with more toxic masculinity is just feeding the beast. The best way to empower women is to not defend them when they haven’t asked for it.

Some chicks want an even playing field and will actual demand it. I bought my wife a women’s barbell. She looked at it and said no thanks I’ll be using the men’s.

The ladies are capable of taking care of themselves. When we rush to defend them in an argument it shows how we, as the white knight, view women.

Just my opinion.

• Haha
It's like 20 years ago when Suzy Whaley "qualified" for a PGA Tour event. She qualified by teeing off from 700 yards closer than the men did in the qualifying tournament. I get equality but I just wonder about some people's definition of equal.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
All star games are a joke. Just name the people all stars and call it a day. The nonsensical festivities that the NBA and NFL games have become are an embarrassment to the sport.

Reactions: kyeric
It's like 20 years ago when Suzy Whaley "qualified" for a PGA Tour event. She qualified by teeing off from 700 yards closer than the men did in the qualifying tournament. I get equality but I just wonder about some people's definition of equal.
I can get women having a distance advantage from the tee box in golf. I mean how many women are going to boom a drive 350 yards like several of the men on the tour can? Just as a reference there are 4 LPGA women who average over 275 yards off the tee but there are 174 men on the PGA tour who average over 275 off the tee.

With that said there is a reason there is a LPGA tour and a PGA tour.

I would say that with Caitlin Clark, women's basketball at the college level is more popular than it has ever been. So, its somewhat ironic that the conversation in this thread is largely centered on how awful the sport is and the things they should do to change it.

Guess the thing I’m driving at is fighting toxic masculinity with more toxic masculinity is just feeding the beast. The best way to empower women is to not defend them when they haven’t asked for it.

Some chicks want an even playing field and will actual demand it. I bought my wife a women’s barbell. She looked at it and said no thanks I’ll be using the men’s.

The ladies are capable of taking care of themselves. When we rush to defend them in an argument it shows how we, as the white knight, view women.

Just my opinion.
I’m not white knighting but thank you. I don’t think these women need to be stood up for but I do think these guys need to be called out for being so easily upset over women’s sports or attention they get.

I’m not displaying “toxic masculinity”, whatever the touch that even is, I’m telling a bunch of soy boys to stop being so easily offended and show a little self-confidence.

I hate secondhand embarrassment and it’s oozing from this thread.

I would say that with Caitlin Clark, women's basketball at the college level is more popular than it has ever been. So, its somewhat ironic that the conversation in this thread is largely centered on how awful the sport is and the things they should do to change it.

It's more than somewhat ironic going to Vanderbilt but failing to understand that just because women's basketball is better than usual that it automatically means it is no longer awful.

I’m not white knighting but thank you. I don’t think these women need to be stood up for but I do think these guys need to be called out for being so easily upset over women’s sports or attention they get.

I’m not displaying “toxic masculinity”, whatever the touch that even is, I’m telling a bunch of soy boys to stop being so easily offended and show a little self-confidence.

I hate secondhand embarrassment and it’s oozing from this thread.

Let's get something straight: literally no one complaining about Taylor Swift cares about her. Most everyone will agree she is a massive commercial success in most every way.

The complaints are about the constant media attempts to ram her down our throats. An NFL game has no business showing her every 15 seconds. Noone signed up for it especially if you aren't a Chiefs fan.

If you want to see some real complaining, let's have a Taylor Swift concert every few seconds put the camera on a man in the crowd. Then you'll see what real complaining looks like.

It's more than somewhat ironic going to Vanderbilt but failing to understand that just because women's basketball is better than usual that it automatically means it is no longer awful.

Let's get something straight: literally no one complaining about Taylor Swift cares about her. Most everyone will agree she is a massive commercial success in most every way.

The complaints are about the constant media attempts to ram her down our throats. An NFL game has no business showing her every 15 seconds. Noone signed up for it especially if you aren't a Chiefs fan.

If you want to see some real complaining, let's have a Taylor Swift concert every few seconds put the camera on a man in the crowd. Then you'll see what real complaining looks like.
3 hour 40 minute Super Bowl broadcast, she was on for 44 seconds. Also the NFL said she has generated them over $300 million in free advertising so they’ll cram whatever they want down your throat and you’ll watch it……..pal.

• Haha
3 hour 40 minute Super Bowl broadcast, she was on for 44 seconds. Also the NFL said she has generated them over $300 million in free advertising so they’ll cram whatever they want down your throat and you’ll watch it……..pal.

If you reduce the entire telecast to amount of time actually showing the game. Then reduce that to how much screen time any particular player got for close up, excluding QBs. I hazard to guess she had more, maybe twice more, screen time than any non QB.

So your real interest is forcing your interests on others. At least now your agenda is finally revealed.

Hopefully the next time you try to watch something, they flash joe Rogan on your screen twice as often as the thing you want to see.

Just a side note and I am not trying stir up more controversy but I think this year is the first time I've ever saw them comparing the mens and women's records together. I have saw it both on the all time wins list for coaches and yesterday during a men's game they were showing the top 2 women on the same all time scoring list as Pistol Pete and the Davis kid that almost beat Pistols record. I don't recall them comparing them all together before.

Years ago when Pat Summit broke the all time wins record they compared her to men. So it's been done before.

But, anyway, I didn't realize women's basketball had become such a hot button political issue.

If you reduce the entire telecast to amount of time actually showing the game. Then reduce that to how much screen time any particular player got for close up, excluding QBs. I hazard to guess she had more, maybe twice more, screen time than any non QB.

So your real interest is forcing your interests on others. At least now your agenda is finally revealed.

Hopefully the next time you try to watch something, they flash joe Rogan on your screen twice as often as the thing you want to see.
Well Rogan is on my screen already when I’m watching Joe Rogan Podcast but I don’t get mad if he shows videos of things I don’t care about it don’t want to watch. I patiently wait until that subject passes.

Not once have I posted on social media that I was mad when Rohan showed things I didn’t care to hear about.

And there’s only 18 minutes of actual football that was shown on the super bowl, what do you want them to show instead?

Fat bros eating hot dogs in the stands? A chick with a painted face? A coach talking into a headset?m

Sorry they forced you to look at that attractive young chick 😂.

Well Rogan is on my screen already when I’m watching Joe Rogan Podcast but I don’t get mad if he shows videos of things I don’t care about it don’t want to watch. I patiently wait until that subject passes.

Not once have I posted on social media that I was mad when Rohan showed things I didn’t care to hear about.

And there’s only 18 minutes of actual football that was shown on the super bowl, what do you want them to show instead?

Fat bros eating hot dogs in the stands? A chick with a painted face? A coach talking into a headset?m

Sorry they forced you to look at that attractive young chick 😂.

I knew I should've picked someone else because a frontrunner like you undoubtedly liked Rogan.

• Haha
Been around from the jump bruh, back when they talked about the flesh light to start every time. Actually, listen way less than I used to being there are so many options now.

Sorry the stats and facts I posted don’t fit your agenda and you’d rather see fat Larry from Milwaukee guzzle beer over a hot pop star sitting in a box FOR LESS THAN ONE MINUTE 🤦‍♂️ .

I’m not pushing my interest on anyone, the NFL likes money and that’s how they’re making it. I couldn’t give a shit who’s at the game and I sure as hell don’t let it get me angry and post about it in social media.

I’ll tell you one thing, people couldn’t get enough of Jack Nicholson at Lakers games or Spike Lee at Knicks games but you put a hot chick on tv at a football game and a bunch of “hetero manly men who like football and big hits and beer and hot dogs” getting flipping irate!

Cracks me up so much.

Been around from the jump bruh, back when they talked about the flesh light to start every time. Actually, listen way less than I used to being there are so many options now.

Sorry the stats and facts I posted don’t fit your agenda and you’d rather see fat Larry from Milwaukee guzzle beer over a hot pop star sitting in a box FOR LESS THAN ONE MINUTE 🤦‍♂️ .

I’m not pushing my interest on anyone, the NFL likes money and that’s how they’re making it. I couldn’t give a shit who’s at the game and I sure as hell don’t let it get me angry and post about it in social media.

I’ll tell you one thing, people couldn’t get enough of Jack Nicholson at Lakers games or Spike Lee at Knicks games but you put a hot chick on tv at a football game and a bunch of “hetero manly men who like football and big hits and beer and hot dogs” getting flipping irate!

Cracks me up so much.

It's all a strawman. If someone wanted to see Taylor Swift more than actual player on the field, they'd go to her show. Just like in your example, you watched the joe Rogan experience to see joe Rogan. If you tuned into the Joe Rogan experience and saw John Doe as much as Joe Rogan, you would be displeased and feel a bait and switch.

I personally choose to not watch if I don't like something but I see why people complain. The emotional response from the swifties is way more overboard than the folks complaining because a random lady gets as much screen time as the players.

First of all women's basketball has never been what anyone would consider popular in anyway outside of your university you may have attended. Ppl may keep up with their alma mater, I dunno. No one has ever really cared otherwise. So to say it's more popular than ever is kind of a silly comment. Sure when no one ever watched to now some ppl watch because we have 24 hr coverage stations that need to fill space.

As for making it political, most of us in here are just making fun of it. It's women's sports. They should be in home economics learning how to manage groceries, raise kids and make good sandwiches. Much more productive and everyone including them would be much happier in the long run.

Say what you will but it’s working for the NFL, everyone that’s mad is still watching anyway so whytf does the NFL give a shit about your alls little childish tizzies? I hardly watch the NFL period so I couldn’t care less.

At the Ravens game they showed making crab cakes for 27 seconds, I didn’t hear ONE person say or post “TOUCH CRAB CAKES BRO! INTERRUPTING THE WHOLE WXPERIENCE WITH CRAB CAKES, SHOW FOOSSSSBALLLL!”

First of all women's basketball has never been what anyone would consider popular in anyway outside of your university you may have attended. Ppl may keep up with their alma mater, I dunno. No one has ever really cared otherwise. So to say it's more popular than ever is kind of a silly comment. Sure when no one ever watched to now some ppl watch because we have 24 hr coverage stations that need to fill space.

As for making it political, most of us in here are just making fun of it. It's women's sports. They should be in home economics learning how to manage groceries, raise kids and make good sandwiches. Much more productive and everyone including them would be much happier in the long run.
Tell you don’t have a daughter without telling me…

Tell you don’t have a daughter without telling me…
Kidding me. Married with teenage daughter. 2 sisters. Mom. Never met my dad.

We are fun ppl. Cynical personalities. Life is too short to care about meaningless crap. We poke fun at topics just like I do in here. Actually they can be more harsh than me.

Only take serious what needs to be otherwise just making statements to see what kind of rise you can get out of complete strangers.

Makes it easy to find the fun ppl and disregard those I'd rather not talk to anyway

It may be true that the sport has been PRed successfully over CC. So what? I think the better response is, “even in an era when women’s basketball is artificially forced down our throats, some people (basketball fans) still don’t find women’s basketball entertaining.”

They actually cut to Swift when someone not her boyfriend scored the winning TD, instead of focusing on the fans who live for KC football or, wow, the actual players on the sidelines. No one can argue the Swift attention is not over kill.

Did you know Stefan LeFlors’ parents were deaf????

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Years ago when Pat Summit broke the all time wins record they compared her to men. So it's been done before.

But, anyway, I didn't realize women's basketball had become such a hot button political issue.

It is a hot button political issue for you? Wow. 😮

It's all a strawman. If someone wanted to see Taylor Swift more than actual player on the field, they'd go to her show. Just like in your example, you watched the joe Rogan experience to see joe Rogan. If you tuned into the Joe Rogan experience and saw John Doe as much as Joe Rogan, you would be displeased and feel a bait and switch.

I personally choose to not watch if I don't like something but I see why people complain. The emotional response from the swifties is way more overboard than the folks complaining because a random lady gets as much screen time as the players.

It is clearly manipulated for new viewership. Some don’t like the artificial push, some do, and some don’t mind, but defend the crap out of it.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT