ADVERTISEMENT

The 3 point shooting contest between Steph Curry and Sabrina Ionescu

Glenn's take

All-American
May 20, 2012
Which ball did they use? Did he use the men's ball and she use the women's ball? Long point short, the smaller size ball goes through the same sized hoop easier than the bigger size ball.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Yeah we’re all aware of the physics of it man, we played with blocks as kids too.

And yes she used the women’s ball (there’s a thing called muscle memory meaning they both would’ve been way worse with the other’s ball), same 3PT line though and still tied the best performance at the 3PT contest for the night with 26.

Hell of a performance.

They’re talking about Clarke pairing up with Ionescu or another NBA player for a 2v2 3PT contest.

They should do it again for sure. NOTHING wrong with sharing the light with the gals.

Like the saying goes, “even the Sun doesn’t mind the moon using some of its light to shine”.

Yeah we’re all aware of the physics of it man, we played with blocks as kids too.

And yes she used the women’s ball (there’s a thing called muscle memory meaning they both would’ve been way worse with the other’s ball), same 3PT line though and still tied the best performance at the 3PT contest for the night with 26.

Hell of a performance.
Yeah, swap the balls around and both of their scores would have dropped dramatically.

Reactions: roguemocha
Exactly, you don’t put up 500+ shots a day because your mind knows the distances better, your brain and muscles work together to make the exact same repetitive motion 10s of 1,000s of times. To the point where you literally don’t think about it.

Switch balls and Curry will be long on most shots.

Reactions: JDHoss

Hell of a performance.
Well they could have made the rim for the women's ball smaller diameter.

Well they could have made the rim for the women's ball smaller diameter.
Why?

You don’t think the fact he’s 10 years older, practiced one million more times from a different distance, taken a million more shots from a different distance, has stronger muscles, greater bone density, genetically built for athletic endeavors, taller, stronger and faster is enough of a level playing field for him?

Just enjoy a cool event man, jeez. Have you doubted your masculinity since birth?

What an insecure little weirdo
No kidding.

Shooting is a SKILL, not very related to athleticism, strength or speed. So there is no reason there should be a big gender difference unless one is worked at it a lot more than the other.

No kidding.

Shooting is a SKILL, not very related to athleticism, strength or speed. So there is no reason there should be a big gender difference unless one is worked at it a lot more than the other.
I don’t know if I agree with this.

It’s a timed event so speed is definitely a part of it, average person isn’t getting through all those racks.

Shooting a basketball is an absolutely athletic. I don’t know anyone that can shoot well that isn’t athletic or at least once was.

Strength is a part of it as it takes strength to pop all those 3s in a short amount of time.

You see adult males all the time that can barely get a half court shot to the rim.

Reactions: fatguy87 and JDHoss
They’re talking about Clarke pairing up with Ionescu or another NBA player for a 2v2 3PT contest.

They should do it again for sure. NOTHING wrong with sharing the light with the gals.

Like the saying goes, “even the Sun doesn’t mind the moon using some of its light to shine”.
Could see them vs clay/steph

Why?

You don’t think the fact he’s 10 years older, practiced one million more times from a different distance, taken a million more shots from a different distance, has stronger muscles, greater bone density, genetically built for athletic endeavors, taller, stronger and faster is enough of a level playing field for him?

Just enjoy a cool event man, jeez. Have you doubted your masculinity since birth?
Because you can be further off center target with women's ball & it would still go in. Huge + handicap for women.
I didn't watch it. But it's true women's shooting percentages are inflated by the ball size difference. Indisputable mathematical fact.

• Haha
Because you can be further off center target with women's ball & it would still go in. Huge + handicap for women.
I didn't watch it. But it's true women's shooting percentages are inflated by the ball size difference. Indisputable mathematical fact.
You’re barely a male and definitely not a man, speaking to women is intimidating for you, you likely don’t understand why they would want to or are allowed to play sports or lift weights and feel they were better served as hand maids.

Also, indisputable, mathematical facts.

Didn’t they say she only missed one shot in the wnba 3 point contest and had like 37 points or something crazy - give her respect she does deserve all the respect- it’s cool she went to Steph and challenged him.

You’re barely a male and definitely not a man, speaking to women is intimidating for you, you likely don’t understand why they would want to or are allowed to play sports or lift weights and feel they were better served as hand maids.

This is too far. His point is correct in the absolute. Maybe he just likes math. Some people do like to weigh what they feel is just down to the minute detail. Not a reason to attack his masculinity.

Dont care.

Do find it funny they will scream to the moon and claim its a sexist insult if you suggest they play on a lower rim bc it will make the women's game more exciting, but then say nothing about the ball being smaller.

Reactions: Catman100
Dont care.

Do find it they will scream to the moon and claim its a sexist insult if you suggest they play on a lower rim bc it will make the women's game more exciting, but then say nothing about the ball being smaller.

Your reasoning ability is lacking. Net, presume you're female.

This is too far. His point is correct in the absolute. Maybe he just likes math. Some people do like to weigh what they feel is just down to the minute detail. Not a reason to attack his masculinity.
His nutty rage is nothing to me, but thanks.

I will never understand why the women use a smaller ball. They play on the same size court. Basket is 10 feet tall for both games. It’s not like women aren’t capable of dribbling or shooting the larger ball. Will the women ever finally move to playing with the same ball?

Exactly, you don’t put up 500+ shots a day because your mind knows the distances better, your brain and muscles work together to make the exact same repetitive motion 10s of 1,000s of times. To the point where you literally don’t think about it.

Switch balls and Curry will be long on most shots.
Fwiw my daughter attended a shooting camp put on by Travis Ford the summer after his senior year. As I picked her up the final day, he was putting on a shooting exhibition while talking to the kids. He was shooting 20 at a time from 5 spots around the 3 point line and hitting 19 or 20 each time, mostly 20. He said with a rebounder he shot 1000 threes everyday. He also said his dad would not let him shoot further than 8 feet till he was 12 years old to insure he had the strength to maintain proper form.

OK, but it’s to improve their ball control and thus make their game more visually appealing. Nothing wrong with that.
Yeah, I get it, but why not play the game the same way across the board? Stop lowering the bar and just play the game under a standard set of rules and regulations. I don’t think women need a smaller ball to make the game visually appealing.

Yeah, I get it, but why not play the game the same way across the board? Stop lowering the bar and just play the game under a standard set of rules and regulations. I don’t think women need a smaller ball to make the game visually appealing.
You ever held hands with a woman? Their hands are like 15% smaller. The ball they use is like 3.5% smaller. Relax dude.

Shooting is a SKILL, not very related to athleticism, strength or speed.

Shooting and making shots from 30' isn't related to these physical attributes? Are you serious? Good grief.

Let me know the year Hawking won the FT shooting contest.

Man it’s not just him, this garbage has been everywhere. It’s no different than these dudes hating on Swift for the camera shots in football games.

These “guys” get sooooo upset seeing successful women do things they could never achieve and it drives them crazy to where they scream about it online and get ACTUALLY mad about it, hilarious.

Someone has to shut them up and give them facts, so here I am.

It should also be noted she was shooting from the men’s line which is about 3.5 feet deeper than the WNBA line.

Why do kids play with smaller balls and goals? Ohhhhh because they’re smaller… are your ex-wife’s hands as big as yours? Is she as big as you(not weight, we know the answer)? Can you outrun her, quicker, stronger?

Huh…well what do you know, we’re bigger, stronger and more athletic but WHY ARENT THEY PLAYING WITH THE SAME BALL!!!!????!!?!!!!?

And then you want to laugh because they can barely dunk with a women’s ball but you want them to have to dunk a men’s ball?

No matter what they do, you’ll find a loophole showing they’re not equal or as good as men…

Yeah well we know that, that’s why they have their own league bruh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT