ADVERTISEMENT

Thank goodness for UK Baseball

jayhovah

Sophomore
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
I'm so ready to put this basketball season in the rear view. I haven't watched much of this team all year and have no desire to do so.

But I am so ready to turn on the iHeartradio app this week and get my UK baseball fix on!!! Going to miss hearing Neil Price this year but I'm excited to see what the new fella has in store.

As for the actual action on the diamond - as excited as I am about the pitching, I'm most excited to see what T.J. Collett will do this season. I'm anticipating some tape measure shots early and often from this kid!

What are you guys most looking forward to starting this week?

I'm so ready to put this basketball season in the rear view. I haven't watched much of this team all year and have no desire to do so.

But I am so ready to turn on the iHeartradio app this week and get my UK baseball fix on!!! Going to miss hearing Neil Price this year but I'm excited to see what the new fella has in store.

As for the actual action on the diamond - as excited as I am about the pitching, I'm most excited to see what T.J. Collett will do this season. I'm anticipating some tape measure shots early and often from this kid!

What are you guys most looking forward to starting this week?
I came here to post this exact same thing. Thank god its baseball season.

yep, bought season tickets this year, want to get good seats in the new stadium, should have a lot of home games vs. top 10 teams, e.g., Florida, UL, Texas Tech. And when the weather finally warms up . . . it will be golf season as well. :sunglasses:

First time UK baseball has sold out season tickets. Pretty impressive.

I am excited to see how these new faces will do. Tons of big name JUCO guys with big time resumes. Not sure how that will translate to success, but I'm hoping it does. Could really use some quality sports after this basketball season .

Reactions: ZenCatFan73
For the season ticket holders, let's have a roll call of where your seats are.

I'm in section B row 17.

yep, bought season tickets this year, want to get good seats in the new stadium, should have a lot of home games vs. top 10 teams, e.g., Florida, UL, Texas Tech. And when the weather finally warms up . . . it will be golf season as well. :sunglasses:

Just got a Top Golf facility down here in Birmingham and it is top notch. Golf season all year and with young kids its honestly the only way I would be able to play right now. Took the kids with me and they loved it.

Are any of the first weekend games against good competition? Or are these considered tuneup games?

Well in a sense they should be tuneup games. Most of the teams we face in the first 9 games had losing records a year ago. Still, what makes the first weekend a bit more challenging is that these teams, except Evansville, are from Spartanburg and they should be a bit further along in their preparation for the season because of the warmer weather. They likely have more outside practices under their belts than Kentucky and Evansville. Still, they should be wins for Kentucky.

Cannot wait to get rolling. Would have loved to have been able to get season tickets. Being over an hour away makes it difficult to get there for to many games though.

Cannot wait to get rolling. Would have loved to have been able to get season tickets. Being over an hour away makes it difficult to get there for to many games though.
I'm in Knoxville myself, but I hope to make it at least to the Tennessee series. I've got an old boss that has VIP tickets that he usually gives me for the series.

Reactions: Cottam39
Does anybody know if the games this weekend will be available on WatchESPN?

I don't think so. Looks like 10 SEC teams will be on the SEC Network + on Friday, but Kentucky is one of the four not listed. That is a bit disappointing, but I guess it gives us a great chance to get to know our new radio personality.

Section C Row 5. Been sitting with the enemy for 13 years. Can't wait to get away from them in the new stadium. They don't really bother me but my wife is a bit thin-skinned.

I'm most looking forward to see how we are going to improve the defense. In last Friday's scrimmage they played 6 innings and had 8 errors between the 2 teams. Pretty shaky.

Section C Row 5. Been sitting with the enemy for 13 years. Can't wait to get away from them in the new stadium. They don't really bother me but my wife is a bit thin-skinned.

I'm most looking forward to see how we are going to improve the defense. In last Friday's scrimmage they played 6 innings and had 8 errors between the 2 teams. Pretty shaky.

Where were these errors coming from?

Dawson SS (mis-fielding slow roller)
Zeke Lewis 2B (thru the legs)
Heyer 3B (throw)
Machamer P (throw on a bunt)

Other over throws that I can't remember who or how. OF was solid though.

Dawson SS (mis-fielding slow roller)
Zeke Lewis 2B (thru the legs)
Heyer 3B (throw)
Machamer P (throw on a bunt)

Other over throws that I can't remember who or how. OF was solid though.

That is a bit concerning although while coaching kids a few years younger I have always thought defense was not near as strong in scrimmages. Don't know why but always seems to be the case. Just not as much focus I suppose.

Cannot wait !

Me right now:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT