ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and Oklahoma Changes Everything

MrHotDice

All-American
Nov 1, 2002
Cheating, NIL under the table payouts, and leagues good old boy network will be the downfall of weak teams in the SEC. The UK fan base has no idea of what these two teams bring to the SEC in sheer crookedness. The 70s, 80s, and 90s and into the 2000s Oklahoma and Texas football was the best with the veer and wishbone making Darrell Royal, Barry Switzer the hot coaches of the day.

These teams along with the traditional SEC powers will do whatever is necessary to win. If UK is not prepared to have the same attitude they will end up like most football fans fear will happen. Sucking hind tit where a 7-8 win season become based on the schedule of weak Non Sec games.

• Love
Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
They all also have vastly superior football programs and coaches (for the most part) than UK does. Even without NIL the results would have been about the same.

I said this a few weeks ago. With this current administration, 7 wins will probably only happen every few years, if ever.

I’m not sure how they’re gonna do the scheduling but getting Vandy, South Carolina, and Missouri every year isn’t happening anymore.

Two top 10 programs are on their way. We are gonna remain one of the three or four worst teams in the conference if our mindset doesn’t change.

I agree and I think Stoops knows his better days here are behind him. However if he’d left a lot of fans would’ve said it would’ve been different if he’d stayed.
Stoops has take this program as far as he can. I honestly think the best thing for UK football would’ve been if Stoops had left now before we regress too far. That and hiring the right guy to continue what Stoops started. And I have zero confidence Barney could do that.

I remember when Claiborne announced retirement soon after SEC went to seven (7) games.
I'm sure Stoops realizes how much tougher his job will be with the SEC realignment.

Reactions: ck-2
I said this a few weeks ago. With this current administration, 7 wins will probably only happen every few years, if ever.

I’m not sure how they’re gonna do the scheduling but getting Vandy, South Carolina, and Missouri every year isn’t happening anymore.

Two top 10 programs are on their way. We are gonna remain one of the three or four worst teams in the conference if our mindset doesn’t change.

We are getting Louisville, USC, Vandy, Auburn, and Florida next year. Also Tenn and Ole Miss. Texas and Georgia will be no different than having Bama and Georgia this year. It's about the same schedule. We should go 8-4, may get one of Tenn or Ole Miss, might lose one of the USC, Auburn, or Florida games.

I don't see much of a difference. Our ceiling is probably capped at 9 now and our floor has dropped....could bottom out and only win 5 games.

I remember when Claiborne announced retirement soon after SEC went to seven (7) games.
I'm sure Stoops realizes how much tougher his job will be with the SEC realignment.

In his last year, Claiborne's 4 out of conference games were against Indiana, North Carolina, Rutgers, and Cincinnati, which we won them all. However, he seemed to mostly feast on those games, usually getting just 1-2 wins in conference.

Last edited:
Reactions: ok-cats-computer
We are getting Louisville, USC, Vandy, Auburn, and Florida next year. Also Tenn and Ole Miss. Texas and Georgia will be no different than having Bama and Georgia this year. It's about the same schedule. We should go 8-4, may get one of Tenn or Ole Miss, might lose one of the USC, Auburn, or Florida games.

I don't see much of a difference. Our ceiling is probably capped at 9 now and our floor has dropped....could bottom out and only win 5 games.
Next year the SEC will still be eight conference games. 2025 is likely nine conference games. Instead of a non conference easy game we will have to play another SEC game.

Next year the SEC will still be eight conference games. 2025 is likely nine conference games. Instead of a non conference easy game we will have to play another SEC game.
So in '25 our OCC games need to be E. Podunk, W. Podunk and S. Podunk?

Reactions: YardCat
When we get to 9 SEC games, there is no way Kentucky (or any other SEC team) is going to play a significant OOC game unless it is some big made for TV payday type game. First and foremost, they aren't going to give up a home game and second, the schedule will be strong enough without having to play a big name OOC. We are already seeing the end of some major rivalries including Bedlam, the Apple Cup and the Civil War. If those games can go away, no one will blink an eye at the Governor's Cup.

Cheating, NIL under the table payouts, and leagues good old boy network will be the downfall of weak teams in the SEC. The UK fan base has no idea of what these two teams bring to the SEC in sheer crookedness. The 70s, 80s, and 90s and into the 2000s Oklahoma and Texas football was the best with the veer and wishbone making Darrell Royal, Barry Switzer the hot coaches of the day.

These teams along with the traditional SEC powers will do whatever is necessary to win. If UK is not prepared to have the same attitude they will end up like most football fans fear will happen. Sucking hind tit where a 7-8 win season become based on the schedule of weak Non Sec games.

I agree with you, Texas has already killed 2 conferences, one was maybe be best in the nation. Their greed and insisting every decision went through Austin was the downfall of the Big8, Southwest and Big12 as we knew it. They will show up demanding their way here.

That's exactly where they are and some fans are just fine with that. Barnhart and UK are not that invested except in ridiculous excessive pay to coaches.

I agree and I think Stoops knows his better days here are behind him. However if he’d left a lot of fans would’ve said it would’ve been different if he’d stayed.
Stoops has take this program as far as he can. I honestly think the best thing for UK football would’ve been if Stoops had left now before we regress too far. That and hiring the right guy to continue what Stoops started. And I have zero confidence Barney could do that.
So you think the best thing would have been for Stoops to leave and the AD, who you don’t have confidence in, to hire a new coach? That makes absolutely no sense.

Reactions: gojvc
So you think the best thing would have been for Stoops to leave and the AD, who you don’t have confidence in, to hire a new coach? That makes absolutely no sense.
I think Stoops knows with the addition of Texas and Oklahoma, TN on the rise, and Brohm at Louisville, he faces a different schedule than he’s grown accustomed to. Then throw in the NIL situation and he sees the writing on the wall. He saw a way out and tried to take it but the rug got pulled out from under him and his deal.
Barney is incompetent but Stoops is making big money which might attract a good coach. As a fan I’m willing to take that chance now versus waiting a few years. Because I’m afraid by then the job won’t have the attraction it would now.

When the SEC goes to a 9 game schedule you can say goodbye to the UofL game. No way will UK give up revenue from a home game every other year just to keep the Tards on the schedule. We'll see 3 home games against the Little Sisters of the Poor and then hope to win 3-4 SEC games each and every season.
Texas and Oklahoma coming in will change everything. Don't expect UK will ever finish better than 7th or 8th in the future.

Reactions: BigBlue1992
I think Stoops knows with the addition of Texas and Oklahoma, TN on the rise, and Brohm at Louisville, he faces a different schedule than he’s grown accustomed to. Then throw in the NIL situation and he sees the writing on the wall. He saw a way out and tried to take it but the rug got pulled out from under him and his deal.
Barney is incompetent but Stoops is making big money which might attract a good coach. As a fan I’m willing to take that chance now versus waiting a few years. Because I’m afraid by then the job won’t have the attraction it would now.
If the picture you paint is how most people view UK’s plight, then you aren’t going to attract a quality coach now or in 2 or 3 years. Quality coaches don’t go places where they don’t think they can win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT