ADVERTISEMENT

Terrible episodes of great TV shows

J_Dee

Junior
Mar 21, 2008
Star Trek -- The Alternative Factor (1967)

^ The script was nonsensical even before it got gutted (because the showrunners got cold feet about showing an interracial relationship that was integral the episode's plot), and in addition, the episode's troubled guest star, John Barrymore, left at lunch on the first day of filming and never came back (which led to him getting hammered with a six-month suspension from the Screen Actors Guild). The result's possibly the least comprehensible episode of any Star Trek show ever, which is saying something, because as much as I love Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation, both have some insanely bad episodes.

The Office -- Scott's Tots (2009)

^ It's a fantastic episode, I just think it's too difficult to stomach, let alone enjoy, because it finally crosses the line concerning the crappy behavior of Michael and especially Dwight. I've seen it a few times but I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

Anyway, what's on your list? =)

Oh, and for the record? There was an episode of Happy Days where a guy *literally* jumped over a shark. And it was the *best* one.

I'm a Twilight Zone fan but the episode with Carol Burnett, Cavender is Coming, is God awful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT