ADVERTISEMENT

Terrence Jones Headed to Chinese League

He was also putting up All-Star like numbers. So if he sticks in the league today his money is much more.

It's obvious Smith did well for himself, but, he like Terrence Jones shouldn't be out of the league when you look at on the court statistics compared to other guys who are making 50m over the next 3 yrs.
How long does someone have to play in order for you to consider "sticking in the league"?

Doesn't make since.
Oh well, I hope he likes Chinese food.

Posts like this are hilarious to me. "Hope you like American food." Qingdao is a really cool, coastal city. It has a heavy German influence, including some of the architecture and also China's oldest brewery (Tsingtao). There are several craft beer bars, and you can eat any variety of food you should happen to like (including Chinese).

Reactions: TIE543 and Aike
You are making up an excuse based upon no evidence (in reality, lefties have historically done disproportionately well in the NBA.
What a terrible take by @LukaszObrzut on "lefties" in the NBA (Tayshaun Prince?!?).
leftorium.jpg

[winking]

Reactions: UK90
Jones should be playing for the Pelicans as the starting 3. Bunch of bullshite that he got cut when they signed Cousins. Jones had some good games for the Pelicans including a 36 pointer with Bron Bron guarding him some.

WATCH THIS from January

T Jones aint good enough for the NBA huh? Sorry bastards blackballed him to China. Pisses me off everyday how T Jones and Nerlens have been treated this offseason. I wont forget it.

Last edited:
Reactions: UK90 and Mr_GG
Jones should be playing for the Pelicans as the starting 3. Bunch of bullshite that he got cut when they signed Cousins. Jones had some good games for the Pelicans including a 36 pointer with Bron Bron guarding him some.

WATCH THIS from January

T Jones aint good enough for the NBA huh? Sorry bastards blackballed him to China. Pisses me off everyday how T Jones and Nerlens have been treated this offseason. I wont forget it.

Did you read earlier where Jones had some NBA offers but decided to take the Chinese one? I love Jones but until he finds a more consistent jumper he will always be a tweener in the new NBA. Hopefully he excels in China and gets another chance in the NBA, a-la Miller did in Germany.

It's not that he didn't stick in the league. It's that he was out of the league when the contracts went way up even though he was still productive.

I have a feeling when Cal is done at UK, Jones will be the answer to a very interesting trivia question:

Who is the only UK player under Cal to earn All SEC honors and return the following year?

Reactions: CELTICAT

WATCH THIS from January

He actually requested to be released after the Cousins trade and the Pelicans obliged. He felt there wouldn't be enough playing time, I think. Unfortunately it was a bad move, as the Bucks signed him and the barely played him.

He actually requested to be released after the Cousins trade and the Pelicans obliged. He felt there wouldn't be enough playing time, I think. Unfortunately it was a bad move, as the Bucks signed him and the barely played him.

Yeah the Bucks signed him, but apparently it wasn't Jason Kidd's decision, so Kidd didn't play him.

We are paying a lot of attention because TJ is one of our own, but there isn't anything unusual about this situation. He's a tweener without a jump shot, and he hasn't landed in a spot where the front office/coaches are in love with him.

But he's still gonna make 2 million dollars next year. Boo Hoo.

Posts like this are hilarious to me. "Hope you like American food." Qingdao is a really cool, coastal city. It has a heavy German influence, including some of the architecture and also China's oldest brewery (Tsingtao). There are several craft beer bars, and you can eat any variety of food you should happen to like (including Chinese).
In all honesty, I really wasn't being serious about the food.
I was commenting on the fact that an NBA team wouldn't sign TJ to a big contract.

Sorry if it came off the wrong way.

The Pelicans have 5 players who will be free agents after this season (including Cousins).
Why not see what Poindexter, Rondo, Jordan Crawford, and Ian Clark can bring to the table and decide who they want to keep while they know what TJ brings and after a year in China they can pay him top dollar to return to the team?

Sure it's a stretch, but it's better than assuming there is some attitude problem that would "McCants him" out of the NBA.

Jmo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT