ADVERTISEMENT

Terrence Clarke declares

I'm taking my 4.5 points a game and declaring for the NBA.

tenor.gif

If anyone is surprised by this then I’m not sure what universe you are living in, but I still just don’t understand why these kids can’t shut their “handlers” down and try to get some guaranteed millions by staying another year! Sure Clarke is going to make some money playing in the NBA/G League, but it’s going to take some mind blowing workouts to crack the first round IMO. Him and Boston would likely be lottery picks if they played another year, and that guaranteed lottery level first contract will take them 5-6 years to make going about it with second round money and the hopes of a breakout year for that elusive 2nd contract. Whatever....it’s his decision, and I wish the kid the best.

Cal on instagram cheering on Clarke and says he’s “gonna be rooting for him like crazy and I know our fans will too”.

He wants future recruits to see that we love and support your dreams so they'll still come here.

I'd love to stop getting the kid that sucks as a freshmen and still goes pro. If Cal posted "I'm sick of these kids failing to live up to expectations and leaving anyways" and we never got another Terrence Clarke, I'd be ecstatic.

Congrats to Clarke. Hope he has a great career. Wish his time here had been better

So to recap. Clarke either faked or milked an injury. He wasn’t good enough to play anyway. He announces he is leaving and you all are mad he is leaving.
1. I am not happy he's another in the long line of dudes that come to UK and don't really care if they play good or not....if you're good and master college...then fine. But coming here and sucking and leaving no matter what....what is the point of that for UK fans.
2. I am more than happy for Clarke and Boston to come back and grow a bit and then leave if they master teh college experience.

Is that take so bad?

Cal needs to hire Daniel Orton and Marquis Teague from wherever they're scraping by trying to play these days to tell these guys "no, you aren't ready". And they were first round draft picks.

Or just bring in Anthony Davis or SGA for a day or two and just absolutely embarrass these guys on the court. And then have them say "you aren't ready."

What does it say of our coach that he keeps bringing these players to UK? Matthews, Juzang, Gabriel, Diallo, Vanderbilt, Clarke, Fletcher, Whitney, SKJ, Baker, Wynyard, Green, etc.
Well you know Coach Cal said he was changing lol lol lol lol lol he isn't changing it's going to be the same old this off season just like it is every damn off season. We will have a total new roster with the exception of a few!

Cal needs to hire Daniel Orton and Marquis Teague from wherever they're scraping by trying to play these days to tell these guys "no, you aren't ready". And they were first round draft picks.

Or just bring in Anthony Davis or SGA for a day or two and just absolutely embarrass these guys on the court. And then have them say "you aren't ready."
he only talks to them for 3 mins.

he only talks to them for 3 mins.

If he truly wants to do everything to save their careers and make us look better in the draft for future recruiting, he needs to start showing these guys that the NBA is filled with dudes who could make them look like they don't belong on the court.

And those guys are also in the G League. We're not even talking about the real guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT