ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee at Kentucky (2)

:baseball:Go to the mound to talk to the pitcher and the next pitch is thrown 5 foot in front of tof home plate ...:baseball::joy::scream::baseball::joy::flush:

Gei literally just doesn't catch a ball. Just missed it off the heel of his glove.

You know what ticks me off? It seems like they have no pride. That UT dugout chatter is making me mad as a fan and I know for sure if I were playing, I’d have some pride and would try to do something about it. They’re just so embarrassing right now and that’s sad.

The image of Dalton Reed swinging and missing a curveball will haunt me for years. I've just seen it way too much.

I have been watching sporadically. That being said, the home plate umpire is trash. The first home run should have never been hit. Hazelwood struck the dude out, before the home run. He refuses to call the knee high strike. You have to get the ball up, around belt high to get the call. Still, we are terribly outmanned in every category. Next year isn't looking very good either. Pitching is the most important ingredient to winning games. We aren't very strong in that area this year.

I’m not watching the game tonight, but from these posts, sounds like the best thing that can happen is for the rain to pick up and put the Cats out of their misery for tonight. Save a couple of innings of pitching and try to salvage a single game and avoid a sweep with your ace tomorrow.

Pitchers struggling with throwing strikes. An error prone defense. And a batting lineup prone to strikeouts, and a bunch of them. Not exactly a recipe for success on the diamond.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
I have been watching sporadically. That being said, the home plate umpire is trash. The first home run should have never been hit. Hazelwood struck the dude out, before the home run. He refuses to call the knee high strike. You have to get the ball up, around belt high to get the call. Still, we are terribly outmanned in every category. Next year isn't looking very good either. Pitching is the most important ingredient to winning games. We aren't very strong in that area this year.
And next year we lose ZT so imagine how bad next year will be + we lose our best hitter.

Oh gosh. Check in periodically and it is depressing. I thought after the first season UK was on track. I know MSU had a terrible year a couple back after losing a lot but came back the next season to make it to the CWS series. Is it like CMS in football- first time SEC HC taking time to adjust in the toughest league in college baseball?

Losing games is one thing. Not being competitive in any aspect is another. There needs to be a serious heart to heart between Mingione and Mitch Barnhart. The sooner the better. This is a sh*t show.

Reactions: law1127
Oh gosh. Check in periodically and it is depressing. I thought after the first season UK was on track. I know MSU had a terrible year a couple back after losing a lot but came back the next season to make it to the CWS series. Is it like CMS in football- first time SEC HC taking time to adjust in the toughest league in college baseball?
Coached by Gary Henderson.

At what point will Mitch allow this complete farce continue? I know he won’t fire him during the season and I’m afraid he won’t after the season either.

So, let me get this straight. You set through an hour and a half rain delay down 11-1. In the 8th inning. You decide to play and now you’re down 14-1. Awesome.

14-1 heading to the bottom of the eighth. Gabriel and Flynn are being as politically correct as they can on the broadcast. After UK walks their 10th Vol of the night, they noted UK’s pitchers had thrown around 230 (!) pitches so far and Flynn remarked it’s been a while since he’s seen that. Next batter strikes out but ball gets away from catcher and throw to first is late and wide, loading the bases. UT mercifully then hit chopper to end the inning.

I'm glad I turned it off. What a nightmare. Everyone should be ashamed of this performance.

First two Vols walk in the ninth, and they each come around to score to extend lead to 16-1.

I knew going into this year that we would probably take a step backward, but what I didn’t expect was to have a horrendous season. After tonight, our conference record will be 4-13. With upcoming series against Florida, Arkansas, USC, and Vandy, it’s hard to see this team winning more than 2-3 games at best. USC is down just like we are, but I would give them the edge because the series is in Columbia. Poor pitching, costly errors, and an overall anemic offensive attack, with the exception of a few games, has plagued this team.

Was the 2017 season “fool’s gold?” It’s hard not to think that right now. This university has pumped a significant amount of money into this program with a state of the art baseball facility that would make some minor league teams drool. There is no way that Barnhart will fire Mingione after this season, but some serious questions need to be asked and addressed. I like Coach Mingione a lot. He is a terrific ambassador for this university. However, in major college athletics, it is all about results. There is too much invested into UK baseball to go back to being a bottom feeder in the conference.

NM will not be fired this season, but the rest must go. Not my choice or everybody would go...think about what you've seen so far this year...we have 1 SEC pitcher and 2 hitters. Unless Collett decides to come back to continue his healing, they are all gone. That leaves the cupboard completely bare for next season with almost zero hope it will be better than this disaster. I think it's time to cut bait and go to u6, give Williams a nice pay raise and the chance to coach in the SEC and start over. Think Mingione is losing the fanbase fast with no hope in sight...your call Mitch.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT