ADVERTISEMENT

Teams Potential

Jun 2, 2023
With the addition of Mitchell and him possibly being the last piece, what is everyone’s thoughts on the potential for this team? Do you think they are serious contenders for a title?

Hard to say.

We will probably be very rough in Fall.
Probably looking really good by February
And then in March it will be the usual dice roll.

At this point I think it would be optimistic to say we coukd be a Sweet 16 team, and that coukd be a stretch. Just really too many unknown factors at this time. I've learned not to get too excited after the past several years.

Reactions: 22TACYTLAS
Hopefully, can make the Sweet 16. Maybe the late Friday night game so the season lasts one more day than it would have if UK drew the Thursday/Saturday slot in regionals.

Reactions: ORCAT
I completely agree with this. Our coach is behind the times and refuses to change. This is a Sweet 16 team at best and then the coach will blame it on how young the team was instead of his coaching.
How is our coach behind the times? And what should he change?

We are a head coach short of reaching full potential!

And that’s been a BIG ISSUE of late.

Well
At least we filled out the roster a bit

Still have the same coach though

How is our coach behind the times? And what should he change?
Maybe develop some inbounds plays and an offense that frees shooters up more for starters. Quit relying on just pure athletes and recruit some actual basketball players. Go more to a present day NBA offense. Just a few things off the top of my head. His games is outdated.

This team isn't going anywhere. Not going 40-0 ruined Cal mentally, he's been going downhill since 2015.

26-9, 25-10 type season. Sweet Sixteen. 2018-level talent. We've got 4 guys who I would equate in that Kevin Knox/Brandon Knight level of ability. No real stars on this team. Edwards is the closest but I wouldn't even call him a star.

Every year we look good on paper so who knows. I want to be optimistic so I'm gonna say 40-0?

26-9, 25-10 type season. Sweet Sixteen. 2018-level talent. We've got 4 guys who I would equate in that Kevin Knox/Brandon Knight level of ability. No real stars on this team. Edwards is the closest but I wouldn't even call him a star.
I think you’re underrating the overall talent on this team. Solid all the way through. I could see different guys stepping up every game.

Lots of bball iq guys on this team. Many combinations. Thankfully guys who can handle the ball and pass. Shooters.

As disappointed as I’ve been I’m really excited about watching this group

I completely agree with this. Our coach is behind the times and refuses to change. This is a Sweet 16 team at best and then the coach will blame it on how young the team was instead of his coaching.
What is wrong with being a Sweet 16 team? When has Cal ever blamed his team for anything? He always tells the fans to blame him when the team plays badly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT