ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Edwards' ceiling.

Video I saw of Edwards makes me question his mobility . Just didn’t seem quick enough to get lots of easy looks. Guess we will see.

Yeah Knox was a top 10 recruit and played like a top 10 recruit. Very good but not special. I’m hoping Edwards is closer to Ron Mercer than Kevin Knox.
Good to see you posting again, sir. I haven't seen you around in a while.

Yeah, we need Edwards to be Mercer level if we're going to achieve greatness this year.

From an RSCI ranking level, he's right up there with MKG, Rhodes, and Mercer. Hopefully it translates to the court.

Reactions: jrpross
Good to see you posting again, sir. I haven't seen you around in a while.

Yeah, we need Edwards to be Mercer level if we're going to achieve greatness this year.

From an RSCI ranking level, he's right up there with MKG, Rhodes, and Mercer. Hopefully it translates to the court.
Yeah the combination of life getting busier and disappointment in the last few years have kinda gradually caused me to gradually drift away I’m afraid 😔 Seems like every time I look over here on Rafters, it’s just pure negativity and sarcasm. It’s depressing enough to watch without those guys making it worse.

I do miss the regulars over here though. Who knows, maybe this’ll be the year the team finally makes some noise and gives us all a reason to celebrate.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Bryce Hopkins, Terrence Clarke and BJ Boston were all top wIng recruits but it looks like Edward is more year one ready. The defensive level is so much higher in DI that the FY need time. UK is loaded at 1 - 3 spot. Hopkins slipped away but was a great recruit. This year will hopefully be the year the backcourt and wing positions are elite. Still thin in front court but Edward' could be the difference maker if he can add some small ball rebounding. Truly great recruiting class.

Probably bc he’s a lefty, but, I see a lot of Calbert Cheaney in Edwards. They’re both 6-7 3s, who can play small ball 4. Edwards seems to be a little better of an athlete, but, their games are similar, IMO. Both are just smooth players, who have that sweet lefty stroke & can score at all 3 levels. Both have a pretty explosive first step taking the ball to the basket & finish very well at the rim. Both will give you 7-8 rebounds/game. Both handle the ball fairly well for a forward & are willing & solid passers.

I haven’t really seen enough of Edwards to judge him defensively & in other phases, like court awareness & leadership qualities. But, based on what I’ve seen he seems to be a pretty complete player, offensively, for a HS SR.

We’ll only see him for 1 year, so, obviously, I’m not expecting a NPOY, or, an all-time leading scorer, like Cheaney. But, when watching Edwards, Cheaney was the first player comparison to pop into my head. Cheaney had a long 13 year NBA career & I expect Edwards to stick around for a while in the league, as well. But, IMO, he has a higher ceiling as a FR & could be an all-star type player, eventually.
Nice comparison.

Cheaney was so good. And Senior Cheaney was incredible.

IU wins the title in ‘93, if Henderson doesn’t get injured.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT