ADVERTISEMENT

Team walks out of practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Just was reading this interesting thread and had no issues with anyone unt

M
Sorry miss hit button. Until your thought on the video. I think you may need to ride along with a cop for a shift to actually see and feel what it's like to walk in their shoes. I know, you may come back with walk in a black man's shoes. Somewhere this comes down to being respectful to others and valuing life. If you have done wrong then do the right thing! Who in the hell raised you?

Jesus christ. So sick of this chilidish shit that I am no longer caring. Just stay boycotting so that we can give your schololarships to a real adult.

That is utterly ridiculous. I don't care if they are volunteer or paid 100k. If they are scared simply because someone resist or doesn't listen, you are in the wrong career field. Most people resist arrest, it's a natural emotion. Most drunk people, particularly college kids resist arrest. Aften times they are overcome with fear and panic, or have just been through a tragic ordeal. Just having license to shoot or kill those people is void of any logic.

From "Hands up! Don't shoot!" to George Floyd dying from fentynal o.d., to the idiot in Atlanta shooting at the police over their shoulder, to the rioting for a guy who committed SUICIDE no one with 2 brain cells that function are buying you Burn Loot Murder bulls#$%. You are a communist thug. You bring nothing, NOTHING, worth discussing. You are an ignogrant child. Go crawl back under your rock.

Sorry miss hit button. Until your thought on the video. I think you may need to ride along with a cop for a shift to actually see and feel what it's like to walk in their shoes. I know, you may come back with walk in a black man's shoes. Somewhere this comes down to being respectful to others and valuing life. If you have done wrong then do the right thing! Who in the hell raised you?
My brother's a cop. I have been on a few ride alongs. The cops in the video literally used deadly force as a last result only to defend their lives. It was excellent example of justified use. Yet, even with that, it still ended with everyone living and the criminal caught and prosecuted, ultimately getting justice

Again, cops don't have authority to shoot or kill just because some is disrespectful or uncooperative. You really need to educate yourself on the law.

Evidently a person who respected life enough to know you do everything possible to preserve it. Someone smart enough to see when other methods of restraint can be utilized in lieu of deadly force, you exhaust those options first.

What kind of person raised you to excuse uses of excessive force and deadly force that aren’t warranted?

Last edited:
Reactions: mbKat
From "Hands up! Don't shoot!" to George Floyd dying from fentynal o.d., to the idiot in Atlanta shooting at the police over their shoulder, to the rioting for a guy who committed SUICIDE no one with 2 brain cells that function are buying you Burn Loot Murder bulls#$%. You are a communist thug. You bring nothing, NOTHING, worth discussing. You are an ignogrant child. Go crawl back under your rock.
You must read a lot of facebook memes! 🤣

I've not weighed in on this forum in awhile, but thought I'd contribute a couple of thoughts.

(1) One of the best things to do when a group of people decide to do something like what UK football players did in walking out of practice is to ask them why they decided to do it. You're going to come away with a different take on the situation when you approach the people as individuals and discover their reasons. If you assume that everything has some sort of political message behind it, it's going to be hard to see their actions as anything BUT political and therefore divisive. But in listening to the players, I don't think politics was the primary motivating factor behind the walkout. The implications may have political consequences, but that's true of a lot of decisions we make every day. What I saw in this was a group of players grieving over a tragedy that keeps repeating itself and teammates supporting them in their pain.

(2) I support the team and the team supports each other. I think that is a beautiful thing. UK football players seem really bonded with each other and that is something for our community to celebrate. You may be upset that BLM protests don't pay enough attention to the needs of law enforcement or the problems of crime. You may even feel like BLM singles out one group of people over another. But that doesn't mean you cannot be supportive of the players and their desire to see all people treated equally. Until people start saying that BLM is about showing some sort of racial favoritism to Black people as opposed to calling attention to a long-standing problem, I don't see why anybody needs to be as offended by this movement as they feel they have to be.

(3) One of the best ways to avoid getting sucked into a political debate is by refusing to be baited into one. Everyone blames the media for exacerbating the problem of extremism on both sides of the political aisle, but the media is only as successful as the people who consume it. Dare to have a mind of your own and to be an independent thinker.

Reactions: Lead Belly
Did they speak up when Dorn and Hinnant were murdered in cold blood?
Absolutely! And you notice they both got justice very quickly.

Why is is that the right has chosen to politicize the death of a 5 year old at the hands of a drug user, who evidently frequently "hung out" with Cannons parents?

Absolutely! And you notice they both got justice very quickly.

Why is is that the right has chosen to politicize the death of a 5 year old at the hands of a drug user, who evidently frequently "hung out" with Cannons parents?

Uh...no.

And your second statement is not only irrelevant, but trivializes his death....expected from you.

• Haha
Looks like they are far more likely to die of something else unrelated, at least according to your list. If that is accurate it's less than 0.0001% of cops natiowide. While I would prefer it be 0, that isn't exactly high odds of being killed as a cop.
This shat^^^.....You ain't a cop are you? One is too many!!! Did your parents drop you on your head when you were a child? Or did you eat paint chips? The point is Gunfire leads the way aside from Covid.....geesh....gotta love bean counters!!!

• Haha
Look, if you haven't done anything wrong, what is the need to resist arrest?

If you haven't done anything..why would you willingly be arrested?

If I had twitter I would be sure to make the team and Stoops upset if I could. Pure garbage and the team and Stoops can suck an egg and I hope they lose every game if they ever play one.

You can and you don't need twitter...head over to Joe Craft and voice your displeasure.
If that doesn't appeal to you, send them an email.

Uh...no.

And your second statement is not only irrelevant, but trivializes his death....expected from you.
Sure they did! Just claiming they didn't doesn't make it true. However, you are ignoring the facts that in both cases justice was gotten very quickly.

Why is it irrelevant? I think it's a very fair question. What kind of parents frequently consort with well known drug users and allow them in their homes, where their kids are present? What kind of parents just leave their 5 y/o unattended outside? Why is it wrong to question why his parents allowed for an environment for this to happen so easily? If he was a black kid people sure would be asking. Why is it unfair or trivializing when he is white?

Last edited:
This shat^^^.....You ain't a cop are you? One is too many!!! Did your parents drop you on your head when you were a child? Or did you eat paint chips? The point is Gunfire leads the way aside from Covid.....geesh....gotta love bean counters!!!
I think if you calm down and read like a rational person, you will notice I said 1 is too many. Gunfire leads the way for what? Are saying more cops die from gunfire? You would be wrong. Someone already posted that graph showing a majority of cop deaths are caused by reasons other than covid or shooting.

I have a question for those UK fans in Lexington. Do you think black people in Lexington are oppressed?

do the UK players feel like they are oppressed? Are they afraid to go outside like lebron?

So what's the frontfire?

I've never heard a coach in any sport say that one practice doesn't matter. If it didn't, why have so many?
What’s it going to be like when the players decide to walk out of a game? Will a coach say “one game doesn’t matter”? I am sick of players mixing their politics with sports.

I have a question for those UK fans in Lexington. Do you think black people in Lexington are oppressed?

do the UK players feel like they are oppressed? Are they afraid to go outside like lebron?

No, they aren't oppressed.

I can't speak for the UK players, however, seeing them around town at Malones, Logans clothing store, the mall, Best Buy, Keeneland.....would lead me to say they have no issues being out and about.

• Haha
Fans: "I don't want politics mixed with my sports!"

Also fans: Six pages of largely political arguing on sports message board.

[laughing]
I'm not sure why you believe that's a contradiction. Fans don't want politics in their sports. However if sports stars are going to use the football field as a platform to throw it in our face then how can there not be threads like this of people complaining. If these walk outs stop then you won't see threads like this exist. This thread isn't a contradiction as much as it is an acknowledgement that we can't have sports right now with out political discussions.

Reactions: mdlUK.1

No, they aren't oppressed.

I can't speak for the UK players, however, seeing them around town at Malones, Logans clothing store, the mall, Best Buy, Keeneland.....would lead me to say they have no issues being out and about.
This is America in a nutshell. 2 white guys trying to determine the oppression level that black citizens experience in this country.

This is America in a nutshell. 2 white guys trying to determine the oppression level that black citizens experience in this country.
I just asked a question a-hole. How can we fix a problem if we don’t know what it is? Are you oppressed?

Tell me how the black community in Lex is oppressed.
The black community in America is oppressed in general, it's not just a Lexington thing. Look at pay rates, look at opportunities of advancement, positions of leadership, look at schools and the education system, neighborhoods, access to scholarships and student loans, healthcare, bank loans and financial institutions, law enforcment policies and contact rates, and the unbalanced legal system. Walk into most stores as a black person and see if people don't start immediately eyeing for criminal activity. Try to join most private clubs in this area and see how welcoming they are. Go into a restaurant and see how eager servers are to wait on a black family. In restaurants, the staff refers to blacks as Canadians so they aren't overheard criticizing
black people. Walk down the street in a predominantly white neighborhood and see if you don't get a lot of looks and stares, and likely to have the police notified of your presence.

Now, I think Lexington is a more progressive city than most, but it still has flaws and racist behavior still exist. As a white man, trying to tell black people about experience with racism is just ignorant. Would a man tell a women about giving birth or having a menstrual cycle?

Reactions: catburglar
The black community in America is oppressed in general, it's not just a Lexington thing. Look at pay rates, look at opportunities of advancement, positions of leadership, look at schools and the education system, neighborhoods, access to scholarships and student loans, healthcare, bank loans and financial institutions, law enforcment policies and contact rates, and the unbalanced legal system. Walk into most stores as a black person and see if people don't start immediately eyeing for criminal activity. Try to join most private clubs in this area and see how welcoming they are. Go into a restaurant and see how eager servers are to wait on a black family. In restaurants, the staff refers to blacks as Canadians so they aren't overheard criticizing
black people. Walk down the street in a predominantly white neighborhood and see if you don't get a lot of looks and stares, and likely to have the police notified of your presence.

Now, I think Lexington is a more progressive city than most, but it still has flaws and racist behavior still exist. As a white man, trying to tell black people about experience with racism is just ignorant. Would a man tell a women about giving birth or having a menstrual cycle?

You really need help.

• Haha
I just asked a question a-hole. How can we fix a problem if we don’t know what it is? Are you oppressed?
I gave you the answer, but I have a very hard time believing you haven't heard it before. And I also have a hard time believing your post wasn't meant to be condescending to black people. It seems more like you don't want to learn or accept the reality of how racism is still alive and well in our country and black people suffer because of it.

I gave you the answer, but I have a very hard time believing you haven't heard it before. And I also have a hard time believing your post wasn't meant to be condescending to black people. It seems more like you don't want to learn or accept the reality of how racism is still alive and well in our country and black people suffer because of it.
if you're “suffering” In this country, look in a mirror. There is your problem! I’m done with this, you aren’t worth the time.

• Haha
I agree with no neutrality. BLM is an awful organization and is run by a bunch of Marxists. They need to be disbanded. But the police shootings of black men and women has to stop. But so does the looting and burning by BLM organized criminals. They are destroying property of people that have nothing to do with any of this. They all need to be in jail. So pitiful how bad this country has become. And I know our team could have used that extra day of practice. Don’t know what they thought that would accomplish. As far as the pro teams, they can all quit playing as far as I am concerned. I don’t watch any of them. Overpaid prima donnas. If sports goes away watch them try to get jobs in society. Talk about huge problems. Most would flop. Tired of all this shit. Throw the protesters in jail and arrest the guilty cops and punish them. Quit tearing down statues and asking for reparations and all that other bullshit. It has to end somewhere.

Black on white crime is almost non existent while white on black crime is out of control. It is a shame that LeBron James, a 16 time NBA All-Star, is afraid to drive one of his many luxury automobiles

Do you see the ratings for pro sports right now? No one wants that to happen at UK. Loss of revenue, attendance, tv viewership etc. this is where it’s all heading. Just like the pros. Everyone is sick of the political bs.

If you ignore lawful orders from officers of the law and then walk toward your car to get a weapon, you get shot. White black brown red or yellow. What exactly is being protested about this latest case? The right to ignore authority and go get a gun or knife out of your car and kill the cop? According to BLM chants I’ve heard, that actually could be it.

Play ball or don’t. It’s America. It’s your right. It’s also our right to watch games for 4hrs on Saturdays or to chose to spend time with our families etc which we probably should’ve been doing all along.
390 white people were killed by police officers during arrest in 2019,.....102 blacks. I'm still waiting for while people to riot, and destroy cities over these 390 white deaths.

I agree with no neutrality. BLM is an awful organization and is run by a bunch of Marxists. They need to be disbanded. But the police shootings of black men and women has to stop. But so does the looting and burning by BLM organized criminals. They are destroying property of people that have nothing to do with any of this. They all need to be in jail. So pitiful how bad this country has become. And I know our team could have used that extra day of practice. Don’t know what they thought that would accomplish. As far as the pro teams, they can all quit playing as far as I am concerned. I don’t watch any of them. Overpaid prima donnas. If sports goes away watch them try to get jobs in society. Talk about huge problems. Most would flop. Tired of all this shit. Throw the protesters in jail and arrest the guilty cops and punish them. Quit tearing down statues and asking for reparations and all that other bullshit. It has to end somewhere.
390 white people were killed in 2019 by police officers during arrest....107 blacks...Where are the riots for the 390 white people killed????????????? Because if you do stupid shit during arrest, bad shit happens. It is called the rule of law.

390 white people were killed by police officers during arrest in 2019,.....102 blacks. I'm still waiting for while people to riot, and destroy cities over these 390 white deaths.
Pretty sure it's 370 - 235 for 2019, with another 202 being listed as unknown. I would bet there aren't a lot of white people in that unknown category.

Also, a lot of people are speaking out for police reform in general to combat excessive force and a very high comparative global rate for police killings against all racesm We have 1000 more police related deaths annually than the next closest developed country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT