ADVERTISEMENT

Team walks out of practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, it’s not just missing one practice. It’s bringing politics into college sports. Most of us just want something that we can do without all the negative bs. But that’s just me...

You’re forgetting that key point that if your ideology isn’t FULLY (and I do mean fully) on board with that of the mainstream media/sports/Hollywood etc and the narrative a certain political party is pushing at that particular instance, then you are considered racist and your points of view therefore don’t matter. You’re not considered ‘down for the struggle’

This is a complicated issue for sure....but I wish more of the fanbase would take a step back and listen to Coach Stoops interview with KSR on Friday...specifically around former wildcat Alex Montgomery. Then listen to a podcast with Alex Montgomery that same day

1. Alex speaks that Stoops was at his Baptism
2. Alex shares how Stoops has helped him see how valuable family is not just to Stoops family but also Alex is connected to biological siblings and working to keep all of his family together.
3. Alex shares some his own experiences with police and he was very well spoken and not at all anti-police. But he details at times experiences that many have with police of being temporarily detained while doing nothing wrong. So this isn't about just isolated incidents like Jacob Blake, George Floyd or Breana Taylor to the black community....but that is all media/politicians/athletes focus on....but they don't speak for most black people in our country. It isn't anti police to possibly work to not pull over people if you have no evidence they've done something illegal.
4. Stoops and Mitch have earned the trust that they are not just guys cow-towing to young black kids so they can help UK athletically. These guys have shown to be good men with wise perspectives beyond just sports.

I am sure Stoops and staff know BLM has some destructive sides to their ideaology and they can work to support the parts of black lives they agree with while not partaking in destructive parts they do not align with. The core BLM mission statment is pretty much anti-Christian, pretty much anti-Nuclear family, etc... but that doesn't get in the way of Stoops attending a Christian Baptism of his player or guide in a direction of families matter...being a Dad to your kids, marrying the mother of your kids, seeing the pain of single homes, etc... I think too many are imagining our coaches are in favor of anti-American, Marxist, etc..with the team. There is no evidence our coaches are in any way like that in leading young men at UK. I think many need to chill and trust what you see the staff doing with our kids and not let our imaginations wanders into extreme positions that our coaches and players have not taken in nearly 10 years at UK.

I am tickled pink with how we'll the team has played the last few years....but I am more proud of how the heart of the football program is such a good/positive bunch of human beings to root for as well. The kids represent UK well, by in large they are good members of society while at UK and continue to be solid people after UK. . I love our coaches and our kids are so approachable...they are joy to see them and I love them as well. We are lucky to have what we have at UK. I hope people realize this.

alex.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT