ADVERTISEMENT

Tampa Bay in the bullseye of Hurricane Milton!

Its crazy this storm has exploded into a Cat 5. Sounds like it wont be as strong once it makes landfall due to some windshear off of Florida but still.

Note to anyone wanting to buy property in Florida. Dont buy where I have traveled recently:

Sanibel
St Pete Beach
New Smyrna Beach

All hit with a hurricane shortly after we leave.

• Haha
Reactions: GJNorman
Its crazy this storm has exploded into a Cat 5. Sounds like it wont be as strong once it makes landfall due to some windshear off of Florida but still.

Note to anyone wanting to buy property in Florida. Dont buy where I have traveled recently:

Sanibel
St Pete Beach
New Smyrna Beach

Where you going next?

Sanibel
St Pete Beach
New Smyrna Beach

Crossing fingers you head to DC for vacation. 😂

One of my colleagues lives just outside Tampa. He spent most of yesterday afternoon preparing his house for the storm. This was before officials began urging folks to evacuate.

The track seems pretty unusual too. Stalled front south of us here in NC and high pressure to the north steering it but even as a weather nerd having a hard time recalling a storm of any real significance originating in that area of the Gulf and going directly east. Lots from the south that swoop in later.

Zoom Earth is a great app for this stuff, btw.

Vacationed at Anna Maria Island last year. Great place. Does not hold water well even if it just rains a bit. If this storm hits them directly it will destroy the island.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT