ADVERTISEMENT

TAMC Pre-Game Presser (Mitchell/Reeves)

Mitchell confirmed that the second half "tweak" last game was running the action through him and letting him facilitate.

I hate this next game. I will watch of course. However, I think a truly awful team is the worst preparation for getting ready for Kansas. Just about anything we do in this game is not going to be the same when playing a good team. There will be easy shots, lack of defensive disruption, rebounds, well just all phases of the game will be lacking challenge. I am not saying we needed a big physical game and be weak going on to face Kansas. But, a decent mid-major would have been better prep.

I hate this next game. I will watch of course. However, I think a truly awful team is the worst preparation for getting ready for Kansas. Just about anything we do in this game is not going to be the same when playing a good team. There will be easy shots, lack of defensive disruption, rebounds, well just all phases of the game will be lacking challenge. I am not saying we needed a big physical game and be weak going on to face Kansas. But, a decent mid-major would have been better prep.
I do generally agree but still think more game repetition, even if against weak competition, is good for the freshmen. Every bit of game experience they get now will hopefully work to get them ready for what we need in March and, hopefully, April.

I do generally agree but still think more game repetition, even if against weak competition, is good for the freshmen. Every bit of game experience they get now will hopefully work to get them ready for what we need in March and, hopefully, April.

I agree with this, and I also think from a confidence standpoint, it'll be great.

I want our guys to be flying sky high going into the KU game, feeling as confident as possible.

There's a Game of Thrones quote I remember where he says something to the effect of, "He won't be afraid, because he's too young and naive to be afraid, and that makes him dangerous". (Tywin talking about Robb Stark for any GoT fans out there).

That's how I want our team going into this- we are young and feeling good, and too naive to be scared!

Did anyone else notice that it looks like Mitchell has already learned our complicated out of bounds play? I had to do a double take; thought it was Toppin back.

I agree with this, and I also think from a confidence standpoint, it'll be great.

I want our guys to be flying sky high going into the KU game, feeling as confident as possible.

There's a Game of Thrones quote I remember where he says something to the effect of, "He won't be afraid, because he's too young and naive to be afraid, and that makes him dangerous". (Tywin talking about Robb Stark for any GoT fans out there).

That's how I want our team going into this- we are young and feeling good, and too naive to be scared!
And Robb Stark gets killed!

So, uh, did Cal decide not to participate in the pre-game presser?

Kansas playing powerhouse Manhatten to prep for UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT