ADVERTISEMENT

Taking Dillingham out while he’s on a burner

This is where an assistant needs to step up and maybe whisper to Cal, “you sure you want to take him out, he just got 12 pts in a row.” I honestly don’t think Cal even realizes that type of stuff during the game. Which is a big problem, but we also got some smart assistants who should speak up.

Reactions: STL_Cat
RD makes 4 shots in a row in the first half. Obviously in the zone….Cal takes him out.

Cal did the same exact effing thing in the Kansas game after he scored about 16 in a row.

You don’t take people out that are on fire like that until they miss a damn shot.

Add it to the LONG list of things our coach does/doesn’t do that makes zero sense.
He was definitely winded from doing what we needed during that time and needed to sit for a minute or two.

BUT, I'm with you, don't pull him until he misses a shot, preferably one that you can see was missed from all the energy he's given. Let him ride that streak(especially Dillingham) until he is about out of juice then get him right back in after a brief rest

The Cal pucker as usual. Doing what he did was a sign of panic and not knowing what to do to help your team.

Cal reminds me of my son’s middle school coach. A player will score 6 or 8 points in a row and he’ll take him out so his son can score his points then.

• Haha
Reactions: STL_Cat
It was damn criminal. And you could tell with about three minutes left he gave up and just let Dillingham loose but it was too late then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT