ADVERTISEMENT

Sweet 16 Elite 8 at best. Not a Final 4 team IF we keep making these mistakes and playing like crap

StevieJFTW07

Senior
Nov 19, 2016
..with leads. I know the officiating stunk most of the game but we're NOT a real contender if we're going to continue blowing 8 point leads (and leads in general) in a minute and a half. It sucks but it is what it is..no excuse for that.

Last edited:
GTFO that was a great game on both sides. So tired of this GD negativity. It was a 4 point game. They miss two shots and you aren't making this stupid thread.

Anything can happen in the big dance.

Reactions: BlobUK
Dont be a dolt. They lost by 4 to a top 5 team and because of that, they can NEVER make the final four now. [eyeroll]

This team can absolutely make the final four or win the championship. It’ll be hard, but much MUCH worse teams have done it.

I say sweet 16 at very best. We don’t have a star to take over in close games. That’s why we lost close to seton hall, Bama, LSU, tn

We choke

I know the officiating stunk most of the game but we're NOT a real contender blowing 8 point leads in a minute and a half. It sucks but it is what it is. Drop your expectations or you'll be heart broken at season's end.
Oh good lord. Such handwringing. We lost a close game to a really good team, and now you’re having an epiphany.....

Remember when we beat Arkansas in OT when down by 10 in the SECT? They went to the championship game that year. We got beat by MSU in '96 in the SECT and won it all.

Relax, man, we didn't just lose in the NCAAT.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Oh good lord. Such handwringing. We lost a close game to a really good team, and now you’re having an epiphany.....

We just blew a damn game with an 8 point lead in a minute and a half for Christ's sake..that can't happen again. We've been playing terrible with leads all year.

Lost in 96 and 2012 and won. Officiating didn’t help us. I like our chances PJ stay out of foul trouble and we win

We played great until the end and despite Williams going off and not fouling inexplicably. In hindsight, EJ was on the bench a long time then came in and gave up a rebound to Williams. Tough play after looking so good most of the game. Say hello to Puke's bracket as a 2 seed.

We just blew a damn game with an 8 point lead in a minute and a half for Christ's sake..that can't happen again. We've been playing terrible with leads all year.
True but we have a huge margin for error now with Travis back. Tenn had to have everything go right to win it.

PJ playing 6 minutes in the first half and getting that 3rd foul 5 minutes into the second half. Herro and Hagans turnovers late, EJ giving up a rebound, several missed FT's and leaving 2 shooters wide open.

We will be a tough out next week.

True but we have a huge margin for error now with Travis back. Tenn had to have everything go right to win it.

PJ playing 6 minutes in the first half and getting that 3rd foul 5 minutes into the second half. Herro and Hagans turnovers late, EJ giving up a rebound, several missed FT's and leaving 2 shooters wide open.

We will be a tough out next week.

I would hope we make it past next week.

No, we didn’t blow an 8 point lead in a minute and a half. You’ve said it twice now. If you’re going to exaggerate why not just say we blew an 8 point lead with 10 seconds to go? We were up by 8 at the 2:58 mark, and Grant Williams scored seconds later. UT was 4-5 on field goals (three of them 3 pointers) and 7-7 from the free throw line. How about just saying Tennessee shot lights out, played crazy well down the stretch, and deserved to win. Why does the final analysis have to be a criticism of the losing team....

No, we didn’t blow an 8 point lead in a minute and a half. You’ve said it twice now. If you’re going to exaggerate why not just say we blew an 8 point lead with 10 seconds to go? We were up by 8 at the 2:58 mark, and Grant Williams scored seconds later. UT was 4-5 on field goals (three of them 3 pointers) and 7-7 from the free throw line. How about just saying Tennessee shot lights out, played crazy well down the stretch, and deserved to win. Why does the final analysis have to be a criticism of the losing team....

We did though..we were up 8 with 2:58 to go..down 1 with 1:27 to go.

Reactions: KyCatFan
If you are in a crisis please call: 1-800- SUICIDE (784-2433) or 1-800-273- TALK (8255).

It will be okay. Stop and breathe.

I think UK can get to the final four. And UK has a chance to win it. But I don't believe that is going to happen this year.

Ashton Hagans morphs into Ryan Harrow late in close games. He's about as awful as it gets when it's close and not sure why? Picking up his dribble at midcourt?? Washington bailed out a horrific pass by snagging it and scoring late to put them up 5 but that pass was a floating ball waiting to be stolen. He even wasted 6 secs simply making a layup down 4 with 10 secs left because he was looking to pass. Will it change in the next 3 weeks? I don't see it and it's what will prevent this team from Final Four.

I know the officiating stunk most of the game but we're NOT a real contender if we're going to continue blowing 8 point leads (and leads in general) in a minute and a half. It sucks but it is what it is.

We blew the game. No doubt. But we lost to a damn good team.They're tough as nails and were ranked #1 for a long time. Hurts but doesn't mean we're hopeless. We're at least a top 5 or 6 team.

My question is though why do UK fans seem to lose their minds if we lose a game? Every time we lose its like yall have an aneurysm or something. These damn internet UK fans are the biggest bunch of drama queens in sports. Are yall teenagers? Haven't seen much ball or just snowflake millennials? Stop spazzing out and pissing yourselves over a conference tourny game that has zero effect on the big tourney. It's funny really but embarrassing...

We blew the game. No doubt. But we lost to a damn good team.They're tough as nails and were ranked #1 for a long time. Hurts but doesn't mean we're hopeless. We're at least a top 5 or 6 team.

My question is though why do UK fans seem to lose their minds if we lose a game? Every time we lose its like yall have an aneurysm or something. These damn internet UK fans are the biggest bunch of drama queens in sports. Are yall teenagers? Haven't seen much ball or just snowflake millennials? Stop spazzing out and pissing yourselves over a conference tourny game that has zero effect on the big tourney. It's funny really but embarrassing...

You think our loss today means zero ? I don't know which team you're a fan of but the NCAA committee has been screwing UK in terms of placement and/or seeding for the better part of the last decade ! I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they punish us hard for this one.

You are exactly right my friend.
I know the officiating stunk most of the game but we're NOT a real contender if we're going to continue blowing 8 point leads (and leads in general) in a minute and a half. It sucks but it is what it is.
You are exactly right my friend. This team had me fooled. I thought they were tough and killers. I was wrong. Maybe they can flip the switch and be tough. As of now they look weak, scared, afraid. Tennessee bitch smacked them the last two minutes. They gave up. Embarrassing and unacceptable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT