ADVERTISEMENT

Swap coaches last night...

If you listened to the post game interview, Oakland coach said he ran 80 plays on offense, 60 of which were run for one player. He said they were running him through so many screens, he got open looks on almost all of them.

How many plays/screens did we run for our best shooters?

And how about that starting lineup?? Oh, yeah. That doesn't matter, either.
Oakland opened the game shooting 2-13 and was still ahead at the first break.

And, it wasn't our stellar defense. DJ and Edwards were two lost puppies on the floor. As well as the other freshmen.

WvcK242.png

I know it's a hypothetical but what do you think the end result would be? Players stay the same but the coaches switch. I'm thinking UK moves on to the next round pretty easily.
Probably move on but that guy would have struggles as well with these guys. If you watch some of the breakdowns of plays on Youtube, you see alot of guys giving minimin effort almost as if they've been told by those closest to them not to blow out a knee before draft day. It's a mess.

I think it's hard to say because of the relative age of the teams. Cal would be coaching an experienced team and that theoretically would improve the execution of his game plan. Oakland's coach would be trying to get freshmen to play like upperclassmen. He would probably be having some of the same issues Cal had with this team. I think the issue is too much reliance on freshmen, not necessarily the coaching ability of either man.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueTick2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT