ADVERTISEMENT

Sure looks like Rodgers and Cobb are done in GB!

Randall was a great story, both here and in the NFL. A lot of fans probably don't realize he was a two star when he committed to UK, and had no inclination to go elsewhere. He became a three star after Thug U gave him a late offer, and probably because of their offer. They knew he was not going to go anywhere but UK by then, and I think that it was a CYA offer in case he blew up at UK, they didn't sign two stars at that time, they had five FIVE stars in their previous class.

And boy did he ever blow up at UK, one of our best all purpose players ever.

It did look like a farewell and enough of the same ole same ole.

Green Bay may need a new coach going forward.

I'm never tired of seeing Cobb go out there and potentially make another big play.

They both have something left to come back.

I don't know how he knew to say it but one of the announcers said that after the game, on the field one of the Lions players asked for his jersey and he said he was going to hold on to this one.

Cobb is my favorite UK player ever I think.

I can only imagine what it would be like to walk off the field of your NFL home for the last time. You know it was hard for him to leave and also hard for him to NOT give that jersey to the other player. He's that kind of guy.

One of, if not THE favorite of mine as well.

Reactions: Greezy Kreek
The lowest point watching Randall Cobb was when we went to the Bham bowl under Joker and played Pit in his first year. Hartline got suspended and we used Morgan Newton instead of using Cobb who was definitely the better option.

Cobb had a decent game, but no one else stepped up to help him. I guess that tells you all you need to know about the Joker Phillips era.

The lowest point watching Randall Cobb was when we went to the Bham bowl under Joker and played Pit in his first year. Hartline got suspended and we used Morgan Newton instead of using Cobb who was definitely the better option.

Cobb had a decent game, but no one else stepped up to help him. I guess that tells you all you need to know about the Joker Phillips era.

Never forget that Pitt fired their coach, and didn’t even name the interim replacement until a few days before

Mine personally was being at the game where we eventually beat Spurrier for the first time, and listening to the fans behind the UK bench foul-mouthing the entire team during the first half. It was so bad we could hear it at the other end of the stadium. I knew he wasn't going to stay another year after that. When I asked him about it he gave me a pat answer, but you could see how hurt and angry he still was about that.

Was at least a great moment when they won the game and got up in the faces of that section of the stadium and basically told those pricks to go F themselves in a more classy way than they were jeered.

I don't know how he knew to say it but one of the announcers said that after the game, on the field one of the Lions players asked for his jersey and he said he was going to hold on to this one.

Cobb is my favorite UK player ever I think.
I was watching at that point and you could hear one of the Lions players (I believe it was Jamaal Williams) ask him for his jersey. Rodgers responded "I'm going to hang onto this one." I would say he is done for sure. I am a Packers fan and will hate to see him go whenever that is simply because that's going to mean a complete overhaul. May be a few lean years for us moving forward.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
It did look like a farewell and enough of the same ole same ole.

Green Bay may need a new coach going forward.

I'm never tired of seeing Cobb go out there and potentially make another big play.

They both have something left to come back.
I thought the coach had lost his mind when he went for it on fourth down at his own 31 on the first drive of the game. That's just dumb, and kind of set the tone of the game going forward. Losing twice to the Lions in the same season should get anyone fired.

We will see how the Packers react now. They do have Rodgers signed for two more years. Past time to trade him I think. Can't let him retire.

Packers fans should start this thing called a "collective" for Rodgers. They could have all the "real fans" "donate" money and he can sign an "endorsement" deal with the "collective". That way they can funnel another $10,000,000 to him without it counting against the salary cap. That is if they have enough "real fans".

Packers fans should start this thing called a "collective" for Rodgers. They could have all the "real fans" "donate" money and he can sign an "endorsement" deal with the "collective". That way they can funnel another $10,000,000 to him without it counting against the salary cap. That is if they have enough "real fans".
They already sell stock that doesn't pay dividends to fans.

I remember Cobb taking over for Newton while we were at home and loosing to Norfolk State. I remember telling my cousin that “Now, we have a player!” We won the game but Norfolk State’s band had more fun than anyone! What a great band. Looking back, I will always appreciate Cobb! Love that his came to UK with the Vol’s thinking he was automatically coming to Knoxville. One of my all time favorites!

Reactions: wildcatwelder
We will see how the Packers react now. They do have Rodgers signed for two more years. Past time to trade him I think. Can't let him retire.
Rodgers won't win a Super Bowl again even if he comes back for two more years.

I contend in the next two seasons the Packers will not even be at the Lions level. The Lions are someone to really watch for over the next few years.

Reactions: Greezy Kreek
IMO Rogers going to Vegas!
He is a Vegas type of Dude, new stadium and Adams is there. They benched Carr as soon as Rogers showed interest so they could unload him not risking any injury.

Last edited:

Nah, you also need to know that his last season marked the TENTH year with ZERO real improvements to football facilities. Then the loss of about 20,000 season ticket holders AND the flood of money from the OTHER SEC programs FORCED changes.

FACTS a lot of our new fans may not be aware of.

And yes, Cobb was also a great QB, but how many snaps did he take at QB in the pros?

Last edited:
Reactions: Freetaxreturn
Twelve years is a dang fine career for a NFL WR.
Sure was, hard believe we had TWO on the same team that played OVER ten years in the NFL, one a two star JC and the other a LATE three star that had his offer removed before Brooks was named coach. Then we also had another LATE three star WR on the same team that was a starter for St Louis before injuries cut his NFL career short. PLUS a four point nine (ONE star?) that had a shot before injuries. All on the same team, all with a position coach that couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag.

I still contend that the TWO two win seasons AND the loss of about 20,000 season ticket holders AND their football donations was primarily due to TEN years of NO significant improvements to the MONEY COW.

All under the watch of our present football hero.

Last edited:

I went to that game. Not a great experience

Reactions: KMKAT
Nah, you also need to know that his last season marked the TENTH year with ZERO real improvements to football facilities. Then the loss of about 20,000 season ticket holders AND the flood of money from the OTHER SEC programs FORCED changes.

FACTS a lot of our new fans may not be aware of.

And yes, Cobb was also a great QB, but how many snaps did he take at QB in the pros?
My man 🍺💰

Does anyone else find it a little odd that maybe the two best college QBs in the nation this year were both 25 years old, IIRC?

Reactions: KMKAT
The trade to make was that the end of last year when he won the MVP they should have offered him for Justin Herbert San diego. Cuz that's where Aaron Rodgers is from California and he would have took that trade I think and Diego would have had to make the trade with the MVP available

Cobb is a free agent. He has played 12 seasons in the NFL, 10 of those with the Packers, amassing 532 receptions for 6,315 yards and 47 touchdowns in a Green Bay uniform. He had 34 catches for 417 yards and a touchdown in 2022.

Would like to see him back for another run. He and Rodgers formed a good combo, and I can see Cobb still making big plays if he is willing to take on the grind again.

ADVERTISEMENT