ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Ticket on YouTubeTv

Glenn's take

All-American
May 20, 2012
They released pricing yesterday and if you already are a YouTubeTv subscriber you can get it for $249 or bundle with the Red Zone Channel for $289 if you order before June 6. You can still get it if you aren't a subscriber but it's another $100. After June 6 add $100 to all prices.

Last edited:
Worth every penny, especially if your favorite team is out of market. I think that's about $100 less than what it cost last year on DTV.

Interesting that they're offering it "stand alone" as well, so even people who don't use YouTubeTV can get Sunday Ticket (apparently).

There was talk of an even cheaper version where you could buy just 1 team but scrapped that for this year at least.

Not worth it for me personally. The Cowboys are seemingly always on in my market (Louisville area) and when they are not, I just use an illegal streaming site to watch the game in HD anyway.

There is talk bout the delay being an issue that will need fixed. YouTube was behind 57 seconds on live action and what was being shown to subscribers. That long of a delay is a big problem for those who want to live bet.

There is talk bout the delay being an issue that will need fixed. YouTube was behind 57 seconds on live action and what was being shown to subscribers. That long of a delay is a big problem for those who want to live bet.
I believe that is the case with all streaming, not just them.

The old Sunday Ticket app (not actual DTV) was like 3 minutes behind. So less then a minute is a success

So how does this work if I have DTV and will be buying it as stand alone?

Will there be an app that I log into on my SmartTV?

I wish it was still on DirecTv. I got it free each year for being a subscriber for so long.

Great news especially those of us that like to bet NFL games.
A few years ago I read an article that said that Direct TV never made anything off of ST and in fact lost money on it but kept it just as an incentive for people to subscribe to it's service.

Price is just too much. Bengals are on TV. I'm content with whatever other games they show on Sunday. There's plenty of online streams anyway, I put RedZone on my tablet

A few years ago I read an article that said that Direct TV never made anything off of ST and in fact lost money on it but kept it just as an incentive for people to subscribe to it's service.

They paid a ridiculous fee to get the rights. It almost broke the company until AT&T stepped in (IIRC).

But Sunday Ticket is amazing. It totally changed the way I got to enjoy NFL Sundays.

Reactions: Deeeefense
Correct. It was a loss leader. Probably among the reasons why ATT had to cut the dividend in half!

Reactions: Deeeefense
Yup they used to offer your first year of ST free for new subscribers
I’ve gotten Sunday Ticket free for the last 5 or 6 years. Always got an email from them saying it was a thank you for being a longtime subscriber. I hope they change to either NBA or MLB now.

I’ve gotten Sunday Ticket free for the last 5 or 6 years. Always got an email from them saying it was a thank you for being a longtime subscriber. I hope they change to either NBA or MLB now.
Dang you usually only get it free after year 1 if you threaten to cancel or something that’s impressive

Dang you usually only get it free after year 1 if you threaten to cancel or something that’s impressive
Never asked for it. I watched it some but not a lot. Other than the Bengals, I’m not a huge NFL watcher. I have no idea why I kept getting it but I didn’t ask questions either.

With networks having most games and Dallas getting plenty of TV time I simply don't need Sunday ticket. Add that to the fact I work every Sunday of my life last 15 years I still see bout all I want. Now I've had NBA League Pass @ 14 bucks since November and get my money's worth for sure. They can give NFL Sunday Ticket away and I'd still not give a shit.

Reactions: JDHoss
So we can watch “live games” that are 45-55 seconds behind? Some bologna. Until they can actually stream live they can shove it up their butts.

It's never been worth it for me. My family has had it before. As long as the Bengals are on TV I'm good. Only problem is we get too many Ravens games since Lamar has been in Baltimore in the Louisville market. It's been better since the Bengals have been winning the past 2 years. Even when the Ravens were the game on the CBS in the Louisville market, the Bengals were still blacked out as the local team in our area. Some kind of shit that is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT