ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Sunday EYBL Memphis thread

David Sisk

Jun 10, 2015
I've really been impressed with 2025 Meleek Thomas. The difference in him and a lot of elite guards is his height and length. He can flip the game defensively because of that. NH Lightning has put him on top of the press and he has wreaked havoc. Bouncy offensively, and has some skill as well. Has a Kentucky offer, and they are pushing the one and done with him.

Tre Johnson was lights out this morning. He had 28 points by my last account. I'm more impressed with his skill than I am his athleticism. He has shown signs this weekend of being an elite three-point shooter. He feels it and he wants the ball. His next move is Team USA Camp in June, and then he'll get into his recruitment more.

Jasper Johnson has been lights out sore knees and all which he says are growing pains. He's been on fire when I have watched him. I see him as a scoring point guard with a pure three-point shot. The tight backspin rotation on his shot is flawless. I think every jumper is going in.

I also believe Jalil Bethea is the most underrated guard/player in the 2024 class. Travis and I have wondered why Kentucky has offered Ahmad Nowell off Team Final and not Bethea. Don't get me wrong, Nowell is really good. But Bethea can play either guard spot, and he has toyed with teams when he has the ball. He had 24 this morning against the family, and he has shot a legit 41% from three-point range this spring.

Speaking of the The Family, Darius Acuff continues to pour in the points. Granted he shoots in bulk, but he has had 17 and 24 in the two games so far this weekend. He's bigger up close than he looks on the floor. He's a legit 6-2 to 6-3, and is a lot more put together in the shoulder and upper arms than he looks at a distance. He is great in space, but the one thing I noticed is that he doesn't play through contact as well. He is playing up a grade, but that is the next step he will need to take in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News