ADVERTISEMENT

Suits May Be Returning to the Sideline.

Tbh, if I had Cal money I wouldn't be doing yard work either. I hate it. Gardening? Fine. Mowing and weedeating? Hate it.

This. I am not rich enough to have someone mow and weedeat my yard. I do enjoy doing it and listening to music when it's not super hot.

Gives me a break from 5 year old craziness lol.

Reactions: ala_kat2
I honestly enjoy it

Same here. As I have gotten older I've considered or at least it has crossed my mind to hire someone....but then I think back to my childhood and say to myself, "what the hell are you thinking?"

There is something to be said for manual labor, including cleaning your own mess. I enjoy all types of chores because it is my stuff and it gives me satisfaction to take care of it.

This. I am not rich enough to have someone mow and weedeat my yard. I do enjoy doing it and listening to music when it's not super hot.

Gives me a break from 5 year old craziness lol.

I’m not rich by any means but I could afford to have someone mow my yard if I wanted to. But I take pride in doing it myself, washing my own car, and heck I’ll even change my own oil from time to time.

I guess the part of not knowing what one looks like is mind boggling to me. My mind can’t comprehend that level of richness.. 😂

I like to do it and then try to drink a full-to-the-brim glass of water and see if I can not spill any. I haven’t succeeded yet.

Edit: Hand shakes like Gene Wilder in Blazing Saddles.
Hand sander does that to me. Freakin arm buzzes all night. Saws All ain’t no picnic either.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Same here. As I have gotten older I've considered or at least it has crossed my mind to hire someone....but then I think back to my childhood and say to myself, "what the hell are you thinking?"

There is something to be said for manual labor, including cleaning your own mess. I enjoy all types of chores because it is my stuff and it gives me satisfaction to take care of it.
I stopped cutting grass awhile ago, it’s worth the 30 bucks for me not to stand in the heat for a couple hours now.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic and basically saying "i don't even cut my own lawn" I would assume he likely has a landscaping service that takes care of his property.

He more than likely was being sarcastic but I watched an interview one time and I think it was with Bill Gates. He literally never has shopped for himself and didn’t know prices of normal products. I think he guessed that a bag of chips cost $37. I understand Cal doesn’t have Bill Gates money but rich people literally do no task for themselves so nothing would surprise me.

Reactions: bbncal02
I think this is great news. You want to get paid like a professional? Then look like one! You don't need to wear sweats, you're not playing.
Agree...I'll tell you who looks like a clown show, are baseball managers/coaches. Why the hell are they still wearing uniforms/cleats? How many decades has it been since we've seen an actual player/manager?

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
It's not possible that he doesn't know what one is.

At this point in my life, I get more satisfaction out of manual labor around the house and the cabin, etc., than the stressful IT-heavy work I do every day.

I stopped cutting grass awhile ago, it’s worth the 30 bucks for me not to stand in the heat for a couple hours now.
Same here, I have a company come every other week and mow and tidy things up. No idea how much it costs but it's worth the extra free time for me, I'd rather be detailing the car.

I look at it as forced exercise and fitness. Don't wanna get soft watching someone else take care of my own damn yard.

It's not possible that he doesn't know what one is.

At this point in my life, I get more satisfaction out of manual labor around the house and the cabin, etc., than the stressful IT-heavy work I do every day.

Same, sometimes I like the simple tasks. I don't have an affinity for lawn care (yet), but I never mind doing the dishes. It's 3 steps, as opposed to trying to figure out complex IT problems.

I AM starting to see why lawn care is preferred by dads. It seems like the one thing you can get out of the house for and not deal with nagging women and child care lol.

Reactions: awf and Ky_Bred_Cat
Same, sometimes I like the simple tasks. I don't have an affinity for lawn care (yet), but I never mind doing the dishes. It's 3 steps, as opposed to trying to figure out complex IT problems.

I AM starting to see why lawn care is preferred by dads. It seems like the one thing you can get out of the house for and not deal with nagging women and child care lol.
DUDE! You can't be putting that out for public consumption; think, man, think! I pray that none of our women members are on the board today...that lack of judgment could get your man-card revoked

• Haha
Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT