ADVERTISEMENT

Suddenly 8-4 seems possible

The way we played against UGA then the massive road win today against #6 makes me think we may finally have something special this year.
Then you have the USC game. I am not sure what to think but the defense gives us a shot every game just about. BVG and the line need to continue to improve, and offensive play calling and then we could have a good year.

Last edited:
The way we played against UGA then the massive road win today against #6 makes me think we may finally have something special this year.
This.

The last three games, the defense has given up 13 to #1 UGA, 0 to Ohio (who averages 27 a game despite the 0 vs UK), and 17 to #6 Ole Miss...

Those numbers would rival the very best defensive stretch of ANY team in the country.

If the offense gets right... It's on.

Definitely possible. Every game on the schedule is winnable, but could also lose every game except for Murray.

We don't usually play well off of bye weeks, but will need to play well to beat vandy.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Only we can celebrate mediocrity every single year. Just saying we need to take the next step in offense and until we do, we will be happy with 8-4 I guess. If we had a great O we might be top 5 in the country.
Honestly 8-4 in the SEC isn’t mediocre but I get your point. Honestly Stoops has brought us higher than I thought we could be so I can’t be too mad. One day I hope we put it all together but the SEC is a monster.

Reactions: KYExtemper
This.

The last three games, the defense has given up 13 to #1 UGA, 0 to Ohio (who averages 27 a game despite the 0 vs UK), and 17 to #6 Ole Miss...

Those numbers would rival the very best defensive stretch of ANY team in the country.

If the offense gets right... It's on.
Brock was good today, 18/28 for 248 and a TD. Not bad at all. That 4th down throw was a big time throw and catch. We should push the ball like that way more often.

Last edited:
Only we can celebrate mediocrity every single year. Just saying we need to take the next step in offense and until we do, we will be happy with 8-4 I guess. If we had a great O we might be top 5 in the country.
Very happy with 8-4 mediocrity.

Honestly 8-4 in the SEC isn’t mediocre but I get your point. Honestly Stoops has brought us higher than I thought we could be so I can’t be too mad. One day I hope we put it all together but the SEC is a monster.
Agree and hope we keep moving forward and not get stagnant.

Agree and hope we keep moving forward and not get stagnant.
I agree but it takes being great at all phases, recruiting, and a huge budget to make the next step. I don’t know if we have all that. We never seem to get an OC that is consistent, don’t quite bring in enough 4 stars and the occasional 5 star every year for depth, but we get better every year.

On the schedule, is auburn the worst team we play other than murray? I know Florida isn't great but it's at Gainesville. Auburns QBs throw a lot of INTs. Our D should annihilate them.

Reactions: MbergCat
Have to show up every week. The margin of error is razor thin. But this D can keep them in most every game.

On the schedule, is auburn the worst team we play other than murray? I know Florida isn't great but it's at Gainesville. Auburns QBs throw a lot of INTs. Our D should annihilate them.
Vandy or UL probably weakest teams left besides Murray even though they’re both improved. Auburn should have beaten Oklahoma today. Just no easy W’s with this schedule besides the 3 small schools. Shame we lost Miss. St. They’re pretty down this year.

Auburn is much better than their record. They had 8 turnovers in a 2 game span!

They had Sooners beat today, then threw a pick 6 that cost them the game. I’m guessing they’ll start putting it together before they come to Lex. Maybe the wheels fall off. I’ve never seen a better than avg team give away as many games as Auburn has this year.

Auburn is much better than their record. They had 8 turnovers in a 2 game span!

They had Sooners beat today, then threw a pick 6 that cost them the game. I’m guessing they’ll start putting it together before they come to Lex. Maybe the wheels fall off. I’ve never seen a better than avg team give away as many games as Auburn has this year.

I'm just basing it on how bad their qb play is. They definitely choked away several games due to it. I think we beat Auburn.

Reactions: bballcat4

I'd love to see us play in Atlanta one day but I think if we were to make the playoff that would be a BIG step forward for the program. Still a tall task with the teams coming into the SEC, though.

I've watched a lot of college football today, and not to get too far over my skis but I saw several ranked teams that I absolutely think are not as good as UK, and no one I've watch this year has a defense like this one. At this point rather than trying predict, which I consider for the most part a waste of time, I would just say IMO the team has no ceiling.

My concern is we are playing a much improved Vandy team that gives Kentucky all they want and sometimes more coming off a break....and it seems every year CMS teams act like they have no clue what they are doing after a week off.
That is true. I like where we are heading. I hope we get healthy and Improve during the off week but I don’t want to come out flat.

There was a time, not that long ago, where every single year was a 3-4 win season.

A 4-win season now would get our coach fired.

That's the level the program is now.

Well we got what we got and if we win 8 I’ll do a freakin backflip.

Reactions: Nuke99m
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT