ADVERTISEMENT

Stuart Scott of ESPN has Died at 49

I'm 27, so as a child, there was a lot of Scott and Dan Patrick on SportsCenter. I went to bed everynight watching SC. I missed the ESPY's this year, and it wasn't until reading an article online a month or 2 back that I realized he had cancer. I watched the ESPY's speech on youtube. It was perhaps the most moving speech ever given after Jimmy V's.

This whole thing has truly upset me. I don't normally think too much about celebrities passing. Thousands pass every day allover the country. But Scott was someone I watched so much, and really enjoyed seeing on tv.

I followed him on Twitter, and he seemed to be doing well before I read about the cancer. He had gone on vacation and such. Dude was in phenomenal shape.

Just mind blowing.

RIP.

This news really hit me hard for some reason.

Stuart Scott was the reason I started watching Sports Center every day. The best to ever sit behind that desk, imho.

R.I.P Stuart Scott 1/4/2015

Stuarts death really upset me today. Even though i've never met the man, he was always a part of my life. Through the hard days and good days, I would always spend the evenings with him, catching up with the days events on SportsCenter.

RIP Stuart Scott
Booyah

Originally posted by UK1919:
Not meaning to sound like a jerk here but, while I am sorry for his passing and all, the fact is that I could not stand him and turned the channel whenever he was on. BTW, I felt this way for years prior to his illness. That being said, I do wish his family well.
Same here. Was never a fan but prayers for his family.

Originally posted by SaguaroCat:
So did they produce this retrospective this morning, are all of these people talking about him in the past tense last week?
I read today that they did it in September.

link

ADVERTISEMENT