ADVERTISEMENT

Stuart Scott of ESPN has Died at 49

Originally posted by Roe07:
Terrible news this morning. SC won't be the same without him. Thoughts and prayers to Stuart and his family.
yea, he seemed like a good guy

hate to read this

One of the best to ever sit behind the Sportscenter desk. RIP Stuart you were one of the good ones.

So sad to hear of this. I am literally choked up from it. He will be missed. Loved his commentary. RIP SS

RIP Stu. He will be missed. Although he was not one of my favorite anchors, he was a really great guy and that's all that matters. Thoughts and prayers to his 2 daughters, his family, and all the people he touched. Sad day.

Cancer sucks. I know he's a Tarheel but he had my respect. I grew up watching him on SC and his catchphrases are still clear in my head.

I hardly watch SC anymore, but when I did, Stuart was one of me favorites. RIP, we will miss you!

Do yourselves a favor and watch the 15 minute tribute ESPN put together for Stuart. I found that, by watching it in 2 minute increments, I was able to make it through the whole thing without tearing up too much. Its on ESPN's home page.

I was one of those kids who grew up watching the same 30 minute Sportscenter at least three times before going to school. I think I liked the Rich/Stuart combo even more than Dan and Keith.

So did they produce this retrospective this morning, are all of these people talking about him in the past tense last week?

Originally posted by SaguaroCat:
So did they produce this retrospective this morning, are all of these people talking about him in the past tense last week?
They knew. So sad when you see it coming, yet can't do anything about it.

Was it from the cancer? I knew it had come back, but I didn't know he was that bad off. He had a good speech at the last ESPY's I think it was. Only Tar Heel worth a damn too.

Originally posted by SilentsAreGolden:
Was it from the cancer? I knew it had come back, but I didn't know he was that bad off. He had a good speech at the last ESPY's I think it was. Only Tar Heel worth a damn too.
Yup. The ESPN tribute video talked about how bad off he was in July of 2014. People weren't sure he'd be able to attend the ESPY's in July 2014 because of how bad off he was.

RIP Stuart Scott definitely made SportsCenter fun to watch. He was one of the best in the biz and my all time favorite sportscaster.

The sports world lost a good man today, but his daughters lost the balance in their lives. A 19 and 15 year old. I pray God will bless them with comfort and understanding.

Reactions: Jazzycat
I'm 29 and not at all ready or able to lose my dad yet. I couldn't imagine it happening at 15.

Prayers for his daughters.

Lost mine to cancer when I was 11. It's a tough thing. I'll keep those girls in my prayers.

He seemed like he loved his job and was a great guy. My prayers to his family and friends.
RIP

Not meaning to sound like a jerk here but, while I am sorry for his passing and all, the fact is that I could not stand him and turned the channel whenever he was on. BTW, I felt this way for years prior to his illness. That being said, I do wish his family well.

Sad to hear he is gone. He was one of my favorites growing up. He gave ESPN a little flavor when so many of the people on there were so cookie cutter boring. My favorite catch phrase that he used was "call him butter, he's on a roll". Going to be a different show without him. I lost my mother just 2 years ago and I was 34, I can't imagine how his daughters feel. He will def be missed by millions or people around the world but none will miss him as much as his family. RIP Stuart Scott.........

Very sad to hear. I could take him or leave him as an announcer, but I think he was generally one of the good guys.

Exact same age as me, too...very sobering.

RIP Stuart.

I'll admit, when he first started there in the 90s, he got on my nerves. I thought he was too over-the-top and trying too hard to be cool. But as time passed I grew to like him, and even enjoyed his work in his later years. I always thought he was a fair and impartial sports journalist.

49 is too young. F cancer.

Stuart Scott was a classic. He will be missed, and I'm sorry to hear he's passed. May his family find peace with the Lord through this.

Originally posted by UK1919:
Not meaning to sound like a jerk here but, while I am sorry for his passing and all, the fact is that I could not stand him and turned the channel whenever he was on. BTW, I felt this way for years prior to his illness. That being said, I do wish his family well.
Same here. Didn't like his style but def a good guy.

Originally posted by kentucky_wildcat_#1:

You two must be hella fun at parties
uzi.r191677.gif

Originally posted by CatDaddy4daWin:

Originally posted by kentucky_wildcat_#1:

You two must be hella fun at parties
uzi.r191677.gif
I don't think that's too bad. When espn2 started, I hated the format and the "coolness" they promoted. I was more of a Bill and Dan Patrick guy. SS really grew as a anchor guy from the early days.

Never cared for announcers or networks that acted bigger than the game like Rich Eisen and Scott on ESPN's Sportscenter.

But I'm not a monster either. I don't wish that disease on anyone including the late Stuart Scott.

RIP Tar Heel!

Absolutely HATED hearing this. Dude was such a nice guy, and lived to be a father. Was so proud of being a father to two girls, breaks my heart hearing this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT