ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops lost the fanbase with this game

Guys have lost their mojo on defense, dbacks forgot how to tackle, allowing about 12 miles of Yac yards. QB play has a voodoo curse on them and we did not play LSU this year so not sure why voodoo hit us like that. At this point, I would say we will see chip (RB) stay on Injury list, we will probably see others join him and stay there the rest of the year. No reason for Walker to risk injury, same for Barion and Dane. UK will be 4-8 no reason to sugar coat anymore. Wrap up the year, hope for a good bball season.

Said many times that I like stoops. That said I think it’s time we part ways. Clearly his heart isn’t in it and we deserve better. I have become very indifferent to football. I love UK basketball and football. Pope brought me back on basketball and hoping a new coach for football will do the same for football. Go Big Blue!!!!!!!

Stoops personality makes him a like able guy. Everyone wants him to succeed so it’s been easy for fans to blame his assistants for his failures. During his time here, his style worked when we were benefitting from playing in the weakest the SEC East has ever been as a whole. Now that the division has improved, look where we are trending as a program.

Heck, his beliefs on the offensive side of the ball knocked him out of getting one of the best jobs in college football. Now he’s having such a bad season this year on top of that. If those two factors don’t make him see that he needs to change his ways, he might as well retire. He won’t be successful anywhere as a coach.

Guys have lost their mojo on defense, dbacks forgot how to tackle, allowing about 12 miles of Yac yards. QB play has a voodoo curse on them and we did not play LSU this year so not sure why voodoo hit us like that. At this point, I would say we will see chip (RB) stay on Injury list, we will probably see others join him and stay there the rest of the year. No reason for Walker to risk injury, same for Barion and Dane. UK will be 4-8 no reason to sugar coat anymore. Wrap up the year, hope for a good bball season.
And Stoops thought this was his best team in 12 years. The guy is delusional and nothing changes next year, he will never challenge for the league title! He will be lucky to get to another bowl game in the next few years.

And Stoops thought this was his best team in 12 years. The guy is delusional and nothing changes next year, he will never challenge for the league title! He will be lucky to get to another bowl game in the next few years.
For sure could be heading that way. They should just play Cutter the rest of the year, at least you would have a sample size of his ability.

Mitch has been the most football supportive AD we’ve ever had.

Horrible, mindless response.
Sure, once he figured out there was money to be made. Then he goes and gives a mid level coach a high level salary and screws the entire program for half a decade. Great job.

And UK has always pulled a good home crowd even when they were losing by seventy to Florida. People just like to show up to tailgate and get drunk. Now they are trying to take that away too. Admin is effing stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBlue1992
You don't want to get him hurt @UT @ Texas but he should get the Murray game because it doesn't matter at this point.
No way I re-up Brock for the same amount of NIL money in '25.
Should be a legit competition in the spring.l
The only way I'd be on board (not that it matters) is if there was some aggression or game plan TO WIN, not just to get someone out there to get reps and experience like USC '22.

I’ve been at each home game this season, and many others. Yesterday was the most depressing I’ve ever seen the sideline look throughout the game. Absolutely no energy. Nothing. I stood my kid at the entry from Nutter and we watched the players leave the field after warmup and come back on before the game - no signs of life or energy. Not one player up for the game like usual. These dudes were not into this one at all and it showed from start. Usually at the beginning of the 4th quarter there are guys jumping and dancing on the sideline, no pulse yesterday. Auburn was hyped on the other side. Unfortunate.

I’ve been at each home game this season, and many others. Yesterday was the most depressing I’ve ever seen the sideline look throughout the game. Absolutely no energy. Nothing. I stood my kid at the entry from Nutter and we watched the players leave the field after warmup and come back on before the game - no signs of life or energy. Not one player up for the game like usual. These dudes were not into this one at all and it showed from start. Usually at the beginning of the 4th quarter there are guys jumping and dancing on the sideline, no pulse yesterday. Auburn was hyped on the other side. Unfortunate.
The players knew it was over the first 3 and out the second half.

Why should they?
If the HC and the top players have given up on the year, why should the fans support this lack of effort and total lack of preparation from the coaching staff???
I’ve never been a big fan of attendance boycotts. You wanna the next hire to be a good one? Show the next guy that the fanbase will still show up when shit goes sideways. You want to be taken seriously as a program? Don’t let them see your weakness, your empty stadium. Auburn, lsu, Florida, Tennessee…..all have had shit years and multiple coaching changes. Those fanbases packed the house even when it was awful because they are serious about their football. Yall want to let the stadium sit empty because you THINK you’re serious about football. But you’re not.

Reactions: Texcat59
I’ve never been a big fan of attendance boycotts. You wanna the next hire to be a good one? Show the next guy that the fanbase will still show up when shit goes sideways. You want to be taken seriously as a program? Don’t let them see your weakness, your empty stadium. Auburn, lsu, Florida, Tennessee…..all have had shit years and multiple coaching changes. Those fanbases packed the house even when it was awful because they are serious about their football. Yall want to let the stadium sit empty because you THINK you’re serious about football. But you’re not.
Lol.

Yeah. I'm not serious about UK football.
Have been a dedicated UKFB fan since the early 60's and through all the crap and pain of being a UK FB fan, I'm still here, hoping we will one day have a competitive team in the SEC and not be the butt of jokes when it comes to FB.

The only way MB will take the fans seriously is if they show him this kind of football is totally unacceptable. The only way they can get his attention is by withholding their money from the athletic programs.

And that is with an empty stadium.

Even MB understands the financial ramifications of an empty stadium.

Yes, Carl. I'm serious about UK playing winning football. Why are you not serious about wanting a winning FB program at UK??

Basketball only fan by any chance??

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Mitch has been the most football supportive AD we’ve ever had.

Horrible, mindless response.
appreciate the compliment. 2 things can be true. Saying he is the most supportive is actually a pretty easy assessment as we haven’t really had anyone. He can be the most supportive ad because there was nobody before and because he is here in the era of massive tv contracts to provide assets and still be underfunding the program relative to the rest of the conference. He isn’t horribly underfunding in that they have plenty to go to war with but it but it is underfunded relative to some others in the conference. Our football spend in ‘22 was 11 or 12 in the conference while department revenue was 7th. Someone posted available 23 numbers and we dropped behind UT in revenue but I haven’t seen spend on 23 anywhere yet. I’ve also made the point elsewhere that when he came in the football facilities were as behind as any of the other sports but he decided to prioritize those renovations first. Example…UT outspends us in recruiting like 2.5 mil to 750k even though we are in the same department revenue ball park in recent years. They got a good revenue jump on us in 23 I assume because of their football success in recent seasons

Last edited:
Lol.

Yeah. I'm not serious about UK football.
Have been a dedicated UKFB fan since the early 60's and through all the crap and pain of being a UK FB fan, I'm still here, hoping we will one day have a competitive team in the SEC and not be the butt of jokes when it comes to FB.

The only way MB will take the fans seriously is if they show him this kind of football is totally unacceptable. The only way they can get his attention is by withholding their money from the athletic programs.

And that is with an empty stadium.

Even MB understands the financial ramifications of an empty stadium.

Yes, Carl. I'm serious about UK playing winning football. Why are you not serious about wanting a winning FB program at UK??

Basketball only fan by any chance??
Actually I’m a football first fan. Stop whining. You’re not the only one bummed out. Go back and read my post again. Observe how actual football schools handle when their team sucks. Was the swamp empty? Jordan hare empty? Death Valley? Neeland?

We may be a basketball school but that doesn’t mean we have to act like it all the time. Empty stadium. Wow that will bring in a top guy lol.

Oh and it’s all moot because Mitch is not firing stoops. 44 million reasons why. Hey actually if you want Mitch to fire him then you better encourage everyone to pack the house every Saturday. He’s gonna need the money lol. So really your whole argument is counterproductive.

Last edited:
Actually I’m a football first fan. Stop whining. You’re not the only one bummed out. Go back and read my post again. Observe how actual football schools handle when their team sucks. Was the swamp empty? Jordan hare empty? Death Valley? Neeland?

We may be a basketball school but that doesn’t mean we have to act like it all the time. Empty stadium. Wow that will bring in a top guy lol.
You are totally missing the point of the fan boycott.

MB is fine with the status quo of the UKFB program. The only thing that will motivate MB to even consider making a change at HC will be a loss of revenue.

Fans at the football schools you listed don't HAVE TO boycott games to bring about change when the program is losing games they should win.

These schools have AD'S that understand the importance of maintaining a winning FB program and will either make the change at HC OR that AD will be looking for a job themselves.

THAT is the difference between those FB first schools and UK.

I have been soured on Stoops since he smarted his ass off with the pony up remark and have sensed a noticeable shift that things haven't been right in the program ever since. Should have left after last season. No other school is going to pay him what Kentucky is. His peak years are behind him. This is why AD's shouldn't sign their programs away with these long-term extensions to head coaches. Fear of not letting him get poached by another team in Mitch's eyes outweighed the eventual downfall of the program once the Stoops era fell apart. Yet again with another program under his watch. Mitch makes it where coaches are near untouchable when it comes to getting shitcanned and this is always the end result.

• Love
Reactions: kywildcat41086
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT