ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops gets the last laugh

Sounds like you would like a program that has very little intergerty, alone the lines of an AU who would and have hired some of the most unethical coaches in the NCAA. I don't believe MB runs the UK program that way. Rick Petino has been trashed on UK boards for years for how he ran the Louisville program, yet many of the BB crod are were wanting him back.

I do want integrity. You can have that but still be aggressive and be in the gray. There are no saints in this or any other business.

I have a good friend that played in the 1990s under Curry.! He said Pitino basically did what he could to take attention off football. We were terrible, but in comments and such Pitino hated football. Idk why else. Maybe because Newton and Curry were close. The main reason I can’t stand Pitino either now or when he was here.
If Pitino was taking attention off the FB program under Curry, it was a big favor to CM and Curry.

Absolutely the worst FB coach in the history of UK football in my opinion.

This is probably the most talented UK roster since records have been kept and the coaching staff may be the best in the Stoops era, so it's not like Stoops isn't doing the things he needs to do to move the team up the ladder, but the tangible improvements have to convert to wins. The higher up the ladder you go the harder it is to take the next step.
This year may be a 500 year. New SEC.

I do want integrity. You can have that but still be aggressive and be in the gray. There are no saints in this or any other business.

And apparently with your AD wants it too and refuses to bring in the same type coach that fits AU perfectly. After the things Petino did and how he was talked about here on this site some, not all, wanted to hire him for a 5 year run? And aggressive to mean means working hard, not taking shortcuts. I think your AD believes the same.

At 9 million a year he can keep grinding all he wants if no results it won't matter. Dude just tried to leave , he has a good year he will try to leave again... a bad year puts him firmly on the hot seat. This is not a negative post, but one based in reality. Why would he not try to leave again if he has the chance?
With a Conference win/loss record of 35 wins & 55 losses over 10-11 years (0.389), (which is better than all coaches since Curci 50 years ago), should it be the standard going forward, or will UK expect something better than less than average?

From reading this board my synopsis is "folks should be happy with where we are", and leave bigger expectations in the closet.

Am not going to fight people on this board over this, but just point out realities. After all, its not like Stoops is a coach that's been here for 2-3 years -- we've seen what UK football has been, and will most likely be for years to come.... sprinkled in a few unexpected losses, as well as wins....

Reactions: cat tat2
And apparently with your AD wants it too and refuses to bring in the same type coach that fits AU perfectly. After the things Petino did and how he was talked about here on this site some, not all, wanted to hire him for a 5 year run? And aggressive to mean means working hard, not taking shortcuts. I think your AD believes the same.
Our AD is happy with the status quo because most fans are too. Something that's generally not tolerated at all of the other SEC football schools except for maybe a few.

Heck, we just ran off a HOF BBall coach (for good reasons in my opinion)....

Just pointing out the different expectations for the two programs -- same AD.

Reactions: cat tat2
lol what?

They both wanted to leave. Cal was welcomed with open arms and the fanbase is enamored while stoops was laughed at and had to come back.

I hope we have the best team in history but this is just silly and shows the delusion of a large part of our fanbase

I thought you were an Alabama fan?
I am but UK is my home school. Their schedule looks more intense than in years past.i see 5 wins for sure, maybe up to 7. I can also see that with a bad bounce of the ball 5 wins could be it. I pull for them but just don't see them making a real run this season. I would love to be corrected.

This is probably the most talented UK roster since records have been kept and the coaching staff may be the best in the Stoops era, so it's not like Stoops isn't doing the things he needs to do to move the team up the ladder, but the tangible improvements have to convert to wins. The higher up the ladder you go the harder it is to take the next step.
Agree and its somewhat similar to Cal's situation IMO in that the big difference maker needs to come from the Coaches themselves in game situations. The decision makers (Stoops, Hamden, White) have to win battles in games against the guys on the other side and make a 3 to 6 point difference, or at least break even. We just cant lose points in play calling and game strategies. Not that he has the talent, Mark and Co. need to become an Elite game coaches too. A majority of our games any more are down to the wire contests and we have to win a few more of those close games to reach another level. Great game coaching can do that.

Reactions: Deeeefense
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT