ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Advice Thread

Most of the QQQ strength has been with the Magnificent 7. NVDA and SMCI are on fire and still have a ways to go but all the tech stocks that are heavily into AI development are good plays IMO.
Exactly, I buy 5 sh or so at a time, have accumulated 75 sh NVDA at $449.90, 50 PANW at $305.06, 75 CRWD at $265.94, 15 SMCI at $659.12. I used to wait, wait, wait for lower prices on high PE, high flyers, problem is they rarely drop in price except big selloffs. Even then they won’t drop to classic “value stocks.”

Exactly, I buy 5 sh or so at a time, have accumulated 75 sh NVDA at $449.90, 50 PANW at $305.06, 75 CRWD at $265.94, 15 SMCI at $659.12. I used to wait, wait, wait for lower prices on high PE, high flyers, problem is they rarely drop in price except big selloffs. Even then they won’t drop to classic “value stocks.”
I've got CRWD as well but I missed the boat with SMCI, just waiting/hoping for some sort of sell off.

I've got CRWD as well but I missed the boat with SMCI, just waiting/hoping for some sort of sell off.
I just piled in anyways very recently, another volatile high flier, can’t buy them all, I just accumulate a few during these HOT periods.

The technology weighting in the S&P 500 is about 30%. This is probably about 10% higher than it should be in a portfolio for most people wanting to stay diversified imo.

Yet most of my IRA money is in this index.

I have probably bought and sold SMCi over a hundred times in the last month … scalping every day

Just out of curiosity how did your scalping strategy compare to if you had just bought and held over the same time period?
I would have much preferred - and been better off - to have bought big at $300 when it jumped up after hours on their pre-earnings announcement and let it ride ... but I sat there and didn’t do that thinking this thing will cool off, but that didn’t happen. So I bought and sold it on dips and runs and did well …. but to answer your question, would have been easier and better to have bought and held early in that run …

Reactions: Deeeefense
I cannot remember if I have shared it here before, but Dividend Radar is a free weekly Friday update of securities trading on U.S. markets that have consistently and consecutively raised their yearly dividend payouts for five (5), fifteen (15) and twenty-five (25) years, grouped as Challengers, Contenders and Champions, respectively. For anyone who prospects for dividend-paying investments, you might find this FREE website a useful tool to add to your search routines. It is entirely free and is updated weekly. You can download the weekly spreadsheet and easily sort the data to find potential investments. GLTA !!

Last edited:
I cannot remember if I have shared it here before, but Dividend Radar is a free weekly Friday update of securities trading on U.S. markets that have consistently and consecutively raised their yearly dividend payouts for five (5), fifteen (15) and twenty-five (25) years, grouped as Challengers, Contenders and Champions, respectively. For anyone who prospects for dividend-paying investments, you might find this FREE website a useful tool to add to your search routines. It is entirely free and is updated weekly. You can download the weekly spreadsheet and easily sort the data to find potential investments. GLTA !!

February 20th I celebrated my 44th year in the investment business.

Congratulations !!!!
What has been your single-most successful investment or advice given during your career ?? It is not bragging, if someone asks … 😎
Had alot of them during all those years and had some that didn't work out . Had a proffesor at UK who taught of all thing "investments" and he was a client of mine. He would always ask me to speak to his class. Always got the same question every semester, Is timing important and the answer was always easy. I started when the dow was 767. Saw twenty percent interest rates, fourteen percent inflation, fourteen percent unemployment, Hunt brothers try to corner the silver market, presidential assanation attempt, stock market meltdown in 1987 and you get the picture. Today we stand at 39,000 and counting. Its not timing , it's TIME!

Been debating Comcast for a few months. Going to buy. i think it could be a big surprise in the next couple of years. Not being priced as a growth stock so some of the stuff they have planned could be huge surprises.

For income-seeking investors, you might take a look at TFSL.
DUE DILIGENCE is required, AS ALWAYS !!

Announcement tomorrow regarding rare earth mining potential. A Lexington HQ …
DUE DILIGENCE is required, AS ALWAYS !!

Last edited:
I just checked. Own 338.2331 shares of MPW. Shares held in a taxable account.

Bought into the Motley Fool hype over past few years. Let's see what happens next week. I may just sell and take the hit.
Congrats on your big win! When a stock has a strong breakout like this it is normally, but not always followed by a pull back. It already off it's daily high of 5.31 to currently 4.71. There is a ton of profit taking going on right now so I would wait for the dust to settle. It appears from the charts to have broken out of a lengthy consolidation period which means this thing be set for a nice bullish trend.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Congrats on your big win! When a stock has a strong breakout like this it is normally, but not always followed by a pull back. It already off it's daily high of 5.31 to currently 4.71. There is a ton of profit taking going on right now so I would wait for the dust to settle. It appears from the charts to have broken out of a lengthy consolidation period which means this thing be set for a nice bullish trend.
Thanks! Still underwater on this one, but not as bad as previously. At least issue still pays decent dividend.

Reactions: Deeeefense
Any of you guys buying gold or gold miners? I had bought into a gold miner fund a year back that has finally pushed positive.

Any of you guys buying gold or gold miners? I had bought into a gold miner fund a year back that has finally pushed positive.
My timing has always been lousy with Gold investing, I missed the copper move, I’m back in Coal today, CEIX has treated me good over the years with its dividend and growth, catch ing it on the comeback trail. Coal is not finished yet in many countries who can’t go green! My Craft’s ARLP is another good company, but I prefer CEIX.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT