ADVERTISEMENT

Still have pitching concerns..,

maysvilleky

All-American
Aug 13, 2003
Pooser is solid but Moore couldn’t throw strikes. And who knows about Niman?

So is there enough pitching? I hope this weekend is the norm and not the exception.

if the pitching is as good as these last two weekends i like our chances. 11 runs allowed the last five games and 8 of those by w michigan. defense and aggressive base running fun to watch

Moore threw a good game until he collapsed in the 4thand was left in a couple batters too long. But getting 4 full innings out of a starter isn’t a bad night…it just isn’t one of those top tier games from a starter; that’s why you have middle relief and O’Brian did his job

Reactions: RogerIndy
OK, you have concerns. But it is what it is and got us to the final eight. So hard for me to believe it's that poor. Not great? OK. I'll take it and wherever we finish from here. Great season.
Yes not taking away from the season’s accomplishments. This team has done something special. Maybe it’s just greediness but I want see UK hoisting that final trophy! 😎

Reactions: RogerIndy and K86
i think it is okay to have those concerns. This team is a bit strange. It's certainly not perfect and it certainly has its struggles, but they still seem to just go out there and get it done and gut out wins. The starters other than Pooser seem to be great for a while and then kind of hit a wall. Sometimes that wall is in the 4th and other times it is in the 6th. Big difference there. Still, we tend to figure it out.

The key for us once again is staying out of the loser's bracket. We don't have the depth to string together needing to win 4+ games. If we can win game 1 and 2 then we have to get beaten twice and all the pressure is on the other team.

OK, you have concerns. But it is what it is and got us to the final eight. So hard for me to believe it's that poor. Not great? OK. I'll take it and wherever we finish from here. Great season.
This. Good god, we gave up 2 runs total and 3 total hits in a two game super regional. Can't fathom this kind of post at the moment.

i think it is okay to have those concerns. This team is a bit strange. It's certainly not perfect and it certainly has its struggles, but they still seem to just go out there and get it done and gut out wins. The starters other than Pooser seem to be great for a while and then kind of hit a wall. Sometimes that wall is in the 4th and other times it is in the 6th. Big difference there. Still, we tend to figure it out.

The key for us once again is staying out of the loser's bracket. We don't have the depth to string together needing to win 4+ games. If we can win game 1 and 2 then we have to get beaten twice and all the pressure is on the other team.
Good point. Winning game 1 is crucial if we have legit dreams of winning the trophy.

Reactions: RogerIndy
Our pitching over the final month of the season definitely left reason for concern. Feel much better about it after the last two weeks. Looking at other teams pitching also helps, UGA and NC St both started pitchers with ERA’s over 6.00 last night in the deciding game to go to the CWS.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
I truly think that some of Moores issues Sunday was confusion on what the strike zone actually was. The balls/strikes seemed to be very inconsistent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT