ADVERTISEMENT

Starting PG looks to be locked up according to Kerr

I think uall hit it on the head it's about a foregone conclusion that we have at least 4 of the 5 starters figured out.

Pg- Butler
W- Robinson
F- Carr
C- Williams

SG is probably still up for grabs between Kriisa, Oweh and Brea. Imo when the dust settles after the summer I think Oweh gets the start. Krissa will backup Butler at PG and play SG. Brea will be the shooter off the bench and backup Robinson and/or Oweh. The 3 frosh will play in the backcourt as needed. Chandler should get some good run at SG to give us a solid 10 man rotation.

PG- Butler/Krissa Perry
SG- Oweh/Chandler Krissa/Brea/Perry
W- Robinson/Brea Noah
F- Carr/Almoror
C- Williams/Garrison

Reactions: Fox2monk
Butler
Robinson
Oweh
Carr
Williams
-----------bench---------
Kriisa
Chandler
Brea
Almonor
Garrison

That bench could potentially burry their opponent's bench with the three point firepower.
As long as everyone transfers to this level of play it will be nice. I like that bench depth. I can definitely see Garrison starting as well at some point but as long as he gets plenty of PT it won’t matter.

Reactions: chroix
Not really a surprise. He wasn't going to come here to not start.
Respectfully ... I reject your implication that Butler was promised that he would "start" as a condition of transferring to U.K. I agree with your literal statement that Butler "wasn't going to come here to not start", but I choose to accept that statement on the premise that Butler knew he was good enough to start and came to U.K. with the determination to work as hard as he could and put forth his best effort, trusting in himself that his best effort would win a starting position. To me, there is a vast difference between those two concepts ... and I don't believe that Coach Pope promised anything to anybody !
But, whatever ... Go 'Cats ! ! !

Reactions: BarefootBeach
Respectfully ... I reject your implication that Butler was promised that he would "start" as a condition of transferring to U.K. I agree with your literal statement that Butler "wasn't going to come here to not start", but I choose to accept that statement on the premise that Butler knew he was good enough to start and came to U.K. with the determination to work as hard as he could and put forth his best effort, trusting in himself that his best effort would win a starting position. To me, there is a vast difference between those two concepts ... and I don't believe that Coach Pope promised anything to anybody !
But, whatever ... Go 'Cats ! ! !

You just typed a giant paragraph to refute something that was never implied in the first place. Smh.

Starting Oweh at SG makes it a defensive dominate team, I just looked and Oweh was 49% shooter and 37% from 3 last year. So that's not going to hurt you much on O and raises your defense in tournament games. I wonder who's the best defender amongst our shooters Brea, Kirisa, Chandler, Perry. My guess would be Brea. I do think we have enough shooters to bury teams and our best defense could be an offense that beats the other team to a hundred.

Starting Oweh at SG makes it a defensive dominate team, I just looked and Oweh was 49% shooter and 37% from 3 last year. So that's not going to hurt you much on O and raises your defense in tournament games. I wonder who's the best defender amongst our shooters Brea, Kirisa, Chandler, Perry. My guess would be Brea. I do think we have enough shooters to bury teams and our best defense could be an offense that beats the other team to a hundred.
Thing I like about Oweh's shooting is that it has taken a leap each of the last 3 years. He didn't shoot a ton last year and would sometimes pass up open looks, but wouldn't surprise me if he takes another leap and goes something like 37% on double the attempts.

This team is going to be the best shooting team we've maybe ever seen here

Butler
Robinson
Oweh
Carr
Williams
-----------bench---------
Kriisa
Chandler
Brea
Almonor
Garrison

That bench could potentially burry their opponent's bench with the three point firepower.
That reserve 5 has at least 3 elite shooters and a 1-5 that can find the open man. Very dangerous

Reactions: BassProCat
I may be in the minority but why not start Brea and make Robinson the 6th man like he was at BYU? He clearly thrived in the role last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT