ADVERTISEMENT

Stats predictions for next season

_NewWorldOrder_

Blue Chip Prospect
Dec 23, 2015
I figured this would be fun. I'm thinking Ulis comes back and we get Bolden so here goes.........

Tyler Ulis - 13pts, 7ast, 3bs, 1stl, 41% from 3
De'Aaron Fox - 14pts, 4ast, 4rbs,
Malik Monk - 15pts, 5rbs, 2ast, 40% from 3
Wenyen Gabriel - 14pts, 7rbs, 2blks
Bam Adebayo - 12pts, 11rbs, 3blks

Marques Bolden - 8pts, 7rbs, 1blk
Sacha Killeya Jones - 5pts, 5rbs, 1blk
Charles Mathews - 2pts, 2rbs
Derrick Willis - 8pts, 3rbs, 46% from 3
Mychal Mulder - 4pts, 2rbs, 42% from 3
Dominique Hawkins - 2pts
Issiac Humphries - Odd man out
Tai Wynyard - Odd man out

I think we could be the highest scoring team in the NCAA next year. We'll have too many weapons. And I'm expecting Willis to have a really good SR year. I think we should average 90plus pts a game next year if Ulis comes back

I think Duke averages 88 per game right now and that's 2nd best in the nation. It'd be a tall order for a predominantly freshman class to put up better numbers than that. Not impossible though. I hope they're lockdown defenders more than anything.

I think we could be the highest scoring team in the NCAA next year. We'll have too many weapons. And I'm expecting Willis to have a really good SR year. I think we should average 90plus pts a game next year if Ulis comes back

The 2014-15 team had a lot of weapons, and averaged 74.35 ppg. No UK team under Cal has averaged more than 80 ppg.

pointspergame.gif

90plus pts a game seems unlikely to me.

well with the 30 second shot clock pace is up this season. That being said still a very tall order to get to 97 per game.

VMI or VCU one averaged 100 a game a few years ago. We're gonna have a crap ton of scorers next year

well with the 30 second shot clock pace is up this season. That being said still a very tall order to get to 97 per game.

UK's current possessions per game this season is 68.4. That's higher than it's been in recent years but not dramatically different.

possessionspergame.gif

If you compare the two graphs, UK was nearly 90 ppg in the early 90's under Pitino and their possession per game during this time were 75+.

I'd expect UK would need to increase their possessions similarly, which would be a very big leap (especially since Calipari has not been close to this at least while at UK), in order to get to 90+ points per game.

Last edited:
UK's current possessions per game this season is 68.4. That's higher than it's been in recent years but not dramatically different.

possessionspergame.gif

If you compare the two graphs, UK was nearly 90 ppg in the early 90's under Pitino and their possession per game during this time were 75+.

I'd expect UK would need to increase their possessions similarly, which would be a very big leap (especially since Calipari has not been close to this at least while at UK), in order to get to 90+ points per game.

I agree. I highly doubt we would get there.

BTW that VMI coach.........he is now at The Citadel. Do you know who the leaders are in points per game? The Citadel at 89.7 points per game.

Pace matters.

Who u have as coach matters.

I know we probably wont average that many pts. But I could see us averaging over 80 for sure. And it was hard because when I made this I couldn't see any starter averaging less than 12 or 13 a game.

I know we probably wont average that many pts. But I could see us averaging over 80 for sure. And it was hard because when I made this I couldn't see any starter averaging less than 12 or 13 a game.

Yeah I agree. Should have a very good offense next season. Then again I think many thought that would be the case this season as well lol

7-8 capable of 12/14 a game, but as long there is only 1 ball, it won't happen'
You're talking 90+ possessions .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT