Starting lineup next season

As of now, I’d go:

Butler
Oweh
Brea
Carr
Williams

Once Robinson commits (I believe he will by Tuesday), swap him and Oweh
Do you know something about Robinson everybody else doesn’t? Everything I’ve seen online suggest he is gonna wait until deadline day to decide. And after that would take while to make a choice.

Do you know something about Robinson everybody else doesn’t? Everything I’ve seen online suggest he is gonna wait until deadline day to decide. And after that would take while to make a choice.
I know nothing, it’s just speculation on my part! At this point, it’s pretty clear from mock drafts that he’s not gonna be drafted (I realize all it takes is 1 team to make a promise) so I just don’t see him pulling out of the draft at 11:59 Wednesday night lol. I think (hoping) we’ll know something Tuesday regarding him.

I know nothing, it’s just speculation on my part! At this point, it’s pretty clear from mock drafts that he’s not gonna be drafted (I realize all it takes is 1 team to make a promise) so I just don’t see him pulling out of the draft at 11:59 Wednesday night lol. I think (hoping) we’ll know something Tuesday regarding him.
I like the way you think. I hope he does as well. I quickier he does the more they can focus on Riley

Butler
Kerr
Oweh
Carr
Williams

Garrison
Brea
1-2 off bench depending on situation
3 - AA

Robinson 1 off bench if he comes back

Chandler/Noah/Perry

Might be a homer, but I think if MP keeps Perry on the bench, he’s setting himself up for fan discontent. He’s gotta start or be sixth man…
He’s gotta play the players who give us the best chance to win. He doesn’t have to start or make anyone the 6th man, he and to win. He was brought in to win not to start fan favorites.

Last edited:
Pope made sure to brag on him to Nate Bargatze and to the crowd at the football NIL event. He seems to love the guy, but I’m not convinced of the fit.
Pope recruited him before he went to Arizona, then when he was leaving Zona, has been in contact with him many years, knows him well. I am guessing we will see the Kriisa from Zona days but better as he has matured. Last year, he was on a bad, very bad team. He was asked to do more than he needed to be doing.

Our team will be in constant motion, not like a Cal team of watching a guy dribble for 20 seconds and then pass and a hurried play at the end. Our team will be in motion, back screening, double picks and so forth, we will have or PG start a play and maybe not get the ball back unless he is the open guy to make the play. Butler can finish with both hands around the basket, go left or right. Same for Kerr. Guys like Chandler, Oweh are good as well spotting up or off the drive/back cut. If we get Robinson that is the 3rd and most effective at doing so. Williams, Garrison and Almonor are all effective at passing and running a play. Wooga is different but effective if we pick him up instead of Robinsion (I want robinsion over Wooga but either will be fine). We have many guys to hit the open 3 including 2 of our bigs.

Should be fun to watch. If our defense comes together and we are a top 25 defense, we will be very good and most fans, (cannot please all fans, as it should be), will be very happy. I think we are a top 15 team now. Get Robinson and we are top 10.

CUSA contender.
Well they will have to be SEC contender. No choice. Either get behind them or hate on them all year. Either way they are the team as of 9:30am May 25th. Cant find anything good to say about any of these guys then no hope for you at this point as a UK fan. I will be at the Club Blue day for Pope. I will be backing him and his guys. If they fail that is no worse that what we would have had with Cal this year for sure. Cal did everything he could to break this program, this fan base and our tradition. Pope will make sure Cal failed one last time.

Might be a homer, but I think if MP keeps Perry on the bench, he’s setting himself up for fan discontent. He’s gotta start or be sixth man…
“Might be a homer, but I think if MP keeps the best players on the bench, he’s setting himself up for fan discontentment. No one “deserves” to start or be sixth man…”

Fixed it for you 👍

Reactions: delk4three
Kriisa
Brea (Maybe Butler for defense)
Robinson
Carr
Williams

First 3 off the bench
Butler
Oweh
Almonor

Stupid take. So he should start Perry as a true freshman and never played a college game over guys who have done it for 3/4 years ? Just because he is from KY doesn't make him a starter. How can you make the statement you made without even knowing how his game will translate to the college game ? You have never seen him play a college game but you have already locked him in for a starting spot or first off the bench ? He will not be playing the Caldwell County / region 2 talent this year. EVERY KY signee will not be a Reed Sheppard player.

wmarkedwards starting lineup I am guessing :

Perry
Chandler
Noah
Carr
Williams

Reactions: Doodah859
I’m intrigued by Kriisa playing off the ball, particularly in a situation where the center is initiating the offense twenty feet from the basket.
I think this could be the best way to utilize him. Running off screens/pindowns, dribble hand offs, etc. He can hit shots and make tough passes within the flow of an offense but he's not a good enough decision maker to be the primary ball handler in a traditional offense. Lucky for us, this won't be a traditional offense.

to answer OPs question

(starting 5)
Lamont Butler
Jaxson Robinson
Otega Oweh
Andrew Carr
Amari Williams

(first 3 off the bench)
Kerr Kriisa
Koby Brea
Brandon Garrison

(rotation)
Ansley Almonor
Collin Chandler

Really good potential with that group right there. Starting 5 is elite defensively and has great length, good shooting, and multiple ways to score. First 3 off the bench can sub for anyone on the court and includes maybe the 2 best pure shooters on the team. Next 2 also provide subbing versatility along with shooting

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT