ADVERTISEMENT

Start Bradshaw

Carrie-Bradshaw.Sex-and-the-City.webp

Great idea to start the game with only two shooters on the floor. Reeves and Mitchell would be the only two legitimate shooters on the floor. UNC would pack the middle and wait for the turnovers when Kentucky starts forcing the ball down low to Bradshaw.

I really don’t care who we start, can’t be any worse than the starting group to start the season.

Great idea to start the game with only two shooters on the floor. Reeves and Mitchell would be the only two legitimate shooters on the floor. UNC would pack the middle and wait for the turnovers when Kentucky starts forcing the ball down low to Bradshaw.

No different than now. Thiero can't shoot.

Shep and Bradshaw are the 2 obvious starters if this team wants to win anything that matters.

Edwards is going to start period, cant believe anyone thinks otherwise. It will be Bradshaw, Mithchell,Edwards, Reeves, and Wagner. Thats how it will be regardless of how it should be

You can start any of the top 8 and we will be fine.

I might start Bradshaw to jump center. Gives us a better chance to get the ball first.

There are combinations that are tough to figure out. But, starting a two game Freshman against Bacot seems like a bad idea.
Agree. Not sure which would happen first, 5 fouls by Bradshaw or Bacot snap him like a pencil.

Thiero is averaging 53.5% from the field. SMH

On dunks, put backs and layups mostly. His 3pt percentage is in the teens. He indeed, is not a very good "shooter" right now.

Not sure what the obsession is with Thiero getting a ton of minutes. I'm fine if he starts, but it does mean we need offense to come from basically 3 of the other 4 guys. Which Thankfully, we have. But for example, I wouldn't play Adou and Ugo together. I also think Adou could be a great spark off the bench, playing against the 2nd unit, in the event Edwards comes on and we go with Tre at the 4.

I do love Thieros progress and I think he'll continue to get better, though.

On dunks, put backs and layups mostly. His 3pt percentage is in the teens. He indeed, is not a very good "shooter" right now.

Not sure what the obsession is with Thiero getting a ton of minutes. I'm fine if he starts, but it does mean we need offense to come from basically 3 of the other 4 guys. Which Thankfully, we have. But for example, I wouldn't play Adou and Ugo together. I also think Adou could be a great spark off the bench, playing against the 2nd unit, in the event Edwards comes on and we go with Tre at the 4.

Thiero isn't on the floor to shoot threes. But if he's going to make a "basket" of ANY kind at a 53.5% clip, he needs to have the ball in his hands in those situations. He's smart enough to know what shots he shouldn't be taking. His jumper isn't that bad either. I don't disagree with anything else you said but saying he "can't shoot" is horsecrap.

Reactions: rob_47 and NociHTTP
I wouldn't bring Thiero off the bench. He's glue.
Agree 100%. Love his toughness and reminds me of Heshimu Evens in that regard. At least once or twice a game he surprises, and I'd imagine somewhat intimidates, the opposing players. That is something every championship teams HAS TO HAVE.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I would probably just keep the starters as is, just to keep it simple.

I like the boost Sheppard, Dillingham, and Bradshaw give us off the bench.

Our only bad loss was when we didn’t have that starting five.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

He's lofted a few airballs from three that didn't even approach the rim. Three pointers from him aren't something we should be relying on.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Thiero isn't on the floor to shoot threes. But if he's going to make a "basket" of ANY kind at a 53.5% clip, he needs to have the ball in his hands in those situations. He's smart enough to know what shots he shouldn't be taking. His jumper isn't that bad either. I don't disagree with anything else you said but saying he "can't shoot" is horsecrap.

I'd love to get his shot chart, because like the guy directly above me said, he had quite a few bad shots. He sometimes has that Young-Calipari-player-with-bad-touch-around-the-rim that we've seen so often. I'm not buying he's a 53% fg shooter for ROS, especially as we get into SEC play.

I get the sense that 53% was more or less easy dunks and layups. But anything past 5 feet isn't going to be his game.. not YET at least.. he's still just 10 games into his sophomore year.

Agree here. He for sure can shoot layups and dunks. We need to get him the ball in those situations.

And, for the record, I like Thiero's athleticism.

Agree here. He for sure can shoot layups and dunks. We need to get him the ball in those situations.

And, for the record, I like Thiero's athleticism.
I think Thiero guarding Ingram would be ideal. I don't think we have anybody else at this stage that could guard him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT