ADVERTISEMENT

Staff go find a Brady Manek type 4 man

rolaid

All-American
Sep 3, 2002
Really hope Cal & staff are looking for a skilled 4 man to spread the floor - I realize Bradshaw can shoot but I’m talking about a triple threat player who can also mix it up
I really believe this is the missing piece to the roster - and also UNC not having him this year was the difference between Final game good and not making tourney
Hopefully staff is looking at Portal everyday to get that missing piece inside

Don't think there's anyone that could have that type of impact in the portal yet, but I'm sure someone will be as more players put their name in over the next few weeks. Manek was such an unbelievable pickup for that UNC team

By now, they should have looked at every player on every team, and identified "if this player enters the portal, get on him quick".

Really hope Cal & staff are looking for a skilled 4 man to spread the floor - I realize Bradshaw can shoot but I’m talking about a triple threat player who can also mix it up
I really believe this is the missing piece to the roster - and also UNC not having him this year was the difference between Final game good and not making tourney
Hopefully staff is looking at Portal everyday to get that missing piece inside
Agree a stretch four and a guard shooter replacing fredrick are two pieces they have to get

By now, they should have looked at every player on every team, and identified "if this player enters the portal, get on him quick".
I don’t think everyone waits. I’ve heard people mention Ugo has already had big east teams show interest. I think there are back door ways to communicate with people you are interested in

Reactions: qwesley
Who gives a crap about the portal. We’ve dipped our hand unsuccessfully the past three years. Its never about the X’s and ‘O’s, it’s about the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s. The best talent switching teams next year is coming to us from High School. It’s not even close. We just don’t need to lose Dillingham and get a couple kids to come back.

I don’t think everyone waits. I’ve heard people mention Ugo has already had big east teams show interest. I think there are back door ways to communicate with people you are interested in
There are. But I don't think you are supposed to (against the rules I think, but certainly unethical). So I'm ok if we don't do that.

Who gives a crap about the portal. We’ve dipped our hand unsuccessfully the past three years. Its never about the X’s and ‘O’s, it’s about the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s. The best talent switching teams next year is coming to us from High School. It’s not even close. We just don’t need to lose Dillingham and get a couple kids to come back.
Actually Grady was successful, especially so until he got injured.
Reeves was fairly successful as well. Steaky yes, just like most shooters, for example he was no more streaky this year than all-american Brandon Miller at Bama. (that statement is proven by data).
And Mintz was fairly successful as well, not meant to come in as a starter, more of a first guard off the bench, but was our best player in that nightmare of 2021.

The portal is NOT where you should be getting your top 3 guys. But it is a great place to get guys to fill holes/gaps, to add a contributing "piece".

Actually Grady was successful, especially so until he got injured.
Reeves was fairly successful as well. Steaky yes, just like most shooters, for example he was no more streaky this year than all-american Brandon Miller at Bama. (that statement is proven by data).
And Mintz was fairly successful as well, not meant to come in as a starter, more of a first guard off the bench, but was our best player in that nightmare of 2021.

The portal is NOT where you should be getting your top 3 guys. But it is a great place to get guys to fill holes/gaps, to add a contributing "piece".
I couldnt agree more with you. Give me Nate and Reid all day but look who we had around them. You bring a transfer, you might bring some talent but you also bring attitude unless 5th year senior in most cases.
Add Bronny James and another Ky Kid

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT