ADVERTISEMENT

Stackhouse

FurdTerguson

Sophomore
Jan 9, 2009
I had never heard the story about Pitino reserving a room for UK to celebrate before we played UNC in 95 until tonight. Can anyone confirm it? I wonder if those refs found out, too.

I had never heard the story about Pitino reserving a room for UK to celebrate before we played UNC in 95 until tonight. Can anyone confirm it? I wonder if those refs found out, too.
I think it's bullshit. Prob something Dean Smith made up to get his team hyped. Wallace should've been kicked out for the elbow and they had the nerve to assess a technical to McCarty sp? and he wasn't on the floor.

He’s gonna go 8-24. He will be given the option but my guess is he leaves the college game to take a pro job. NIL is fatal to a school like Vandy. It’s going to be affecting a number of schools who will be developing talent for a year, maybe 2, then watching them leave for money, chance to win, etc.

Reactions: Montana81
I guess I would be in the very, very, small minority that likes Stack. Was beyond surprising to see him take the Vandy job.

His teams play hard for him, and he draws up some really good plays outta timeouts.

Not sure how much longer he stays there (tough to be super competitive in the NIL/transfer portal era at a school like Vandy)...but if he would have been able to hold on to Jordan Wright (now at LSU) and Myles Stute (now at SC), they would have been a really solid team this yr, probably a tourney team.

But if you are coaching at Vandy, it is going to be really tough to replace guys like that in the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT