ADVERTISEMENT

St Joseph’s is final 4 caliber

Those 3 Guards will NEVER shoot the basketball that good again this season!!!

Never fails, opponents that SUCK normally GO OFF in Rupp.

Seen it for MANY years.
Rupp is so overrated, it’s crazy. Spare me the win percentage argument, because we should be winning 95% of our home games. You don’t see guys going off in Cameron, or the Phog, or at the O-dome, or at the Breslin.....

Love how he stuck Reed back in with 17 seconds left to keep from getting yelled at.

Pulls Reed because St.Joe’s was on fire. Had cut it from 7-4. Oh my. Little better than blowing the whole thing.
Reed still had the best +-. Cal's an idiot.

DJ about gave this game away. Missed 2 layups to end regulation. Thank God Mitchell was there for the putback on one or we probably lose.

Doesn’t make a ton of sense to sit your best facilitator at crunch time. At least he got to watch DJ go 1 on 5.

And it isn’t like the other guys aren’t getting torched on D.

Breaking Hearts.

Rupp is so overrated, it’s crazy. Spare me the win percentage argument, because we should be winning 95% of our home games. You don’t see guys going off in Cameron, or the Phog, or at the O-dome, or at the Breslin.....
So why are their win percentages at the Phog, Cameron, and O worst than ours at Rupp if this is true? We should win 95% but that shouldn't be expected at their "vaunted" arenas?

Last edited:
Doesn’t make a ton of sense to sit your best facilitator at crunch time. At least he got to watch DJ go 1 on 5.

You are correct! I couldn't agree more. I had been proud of Calipari this year up until tonight when he pulled that shit. He had him in against Kansas late over DJ. He let him play and light it up and gain even more confidence against Stonehill. After the last few outings this should be Reeds team so to speak at this point which don't mean a whole lot at this point but dang it's almost disrespectful to sit Reed that long while we burn it down and then put him in that late and he saved us. Had that huge rebound and he always in the right place at the right time. I didn't get see all the 1st half but I was wondering if I had missed something. I want Cal and UK to be successful. Cal has got to get out of his own damn way. We got the W and that's wats important, but he will mess around and cause another guy to lose confidence over dumb shit.

I don't think DJ was the problem there.

IIRC, we had Mitchell, Adou, and Edwards out there with DJ and Rob. Ideally you'd have one of Reeves or Reed out there to space the floor instead of the Adou/Edwards combo. Edwards made a couple 3's, but he's not the shooter the other 2 are.

Not saying you, but a lot of people, act like it's either DJ or Reed. Why can't they both play well together?

You are correct! I couldn't agree more. I had been proud of Calipari this year up until tonight when he pulled that shit. He had him in against Kansas late over DJ. He let him play and light it up and gain even more confidence against Stonehill. After the last few outings this should be Reeds team so to speak at this point which don't mean a whole lot at this point but dang it's almost disrespectful to sit Reed that long while we burn it down and then put him in that late and he saved us. Had that huge rebound and he always in the right place at the right time. I didn't get see all the 1st half but I was wondering if I had missed something. I want Cal and UK to be successful. Cal has got to get out of his own damn way. We got the W and that's wats important, but he will mess around and cause another guy to lose confidence over dumb shit.
Reed is not going to lose confidence, he's not wired that way.

Reed is not going to lose confidence, he's not wired that way.
Good Post. You are actually right. I even thought about that after I wrote it. The word would I was looking for is more like frustrated I guess. I think Calipari plays games with ppl sometimes thinking that the kid don't know. Cal thinks he a good bullshitter but I feel like ppl see through him easily. When a guy is busy playing his ass off for you and then don't get mins when he already proved himself and knows what's to come that'll sometimes cause a guys to stop busting his ass or get frustrated. Now, I think Reed will come through because that's who he is, but everyone can get wore down at some point. But you are correct 💯 in that Reed has confidence. He not wired that way so good Post on your part.

Last edited:
These threads always remind me first of the Evansville loss a years ago. Right after, there were posters here proclaiming how Evansville looked really good and “don’t be surprised if they end up being a Sweet 16 type team” and “ we should look at McCarty as a potential next UK coach!”, etc.

Then Evansville proceeded to lose like every single remaining game and finish damn near dead last in all of D1 in the NET rankings. LOL.

These threads always remind me first of the Evansville loss a years ago. Right after, there were posters here proclaiming how Evansville looked really good and “don’t be surprised if they end up being a Sweet 16 type team” and “ we should look at McCarty as a potential next UK coach!”, etc.

Then Evansville proceeded to lose like every single remaining game and finish damn near dead last in all of D1 in the NET rankings. LOL.
That was the purpose of the thread

Cal is taking a big risk forcing minutes for Wagner and leaving Shep out of the game. He nearly lost at home to yet another mid major last night, if that fat kid hadn't missed his second foul shot the game was over.

Reactions: KFuqua
We didn't shoot enough 3's, IMO. 25 for the game, but hit 12. 48%

We are shooting 40% from 3 as a team now. Shoot 30 a game. Reed only taking 1 is absurd.

Sheppard was having trouble getting open when he was off the ball it seemed. Same with Reeves. They need to get that high screen offensive set going that Cal used for Murray and Herro. Also I thought Reed passed up a few that he could've taken. Seemed odd.

Those 3 Guards will NEVER shoot the basketball that good again this season!!!

Never fails, opponents that SUCK normally GO OFF in Rupp.

Seen it for MANY years.
I checked their prior games.....they do shoot the three pretty well.

Reactions: catben
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT