ADVERTISEMENT

Speeding ticket question

tenor.gif

Reactions: homeytheclown
Just take a tihs on the ticket, fold it up so it will fit in a manilla envelope, mail the envelope to the courthouse and then do nothing. It will all go away. Done this here in multi counties when I seen they flaggt me for speeding outside the lines. 3 tickets 3 letters and nobody come get me or say nothing to me yet. WINN

Who's that knocking at my door, who's that knocking at my door said the fair lady.

I passed up a car on Louisville road and the cop flagged me for 82 in a 55 for the passing speed. I am over by 27 mph so I have to show up for court (Spencer County)(no prepay) and missed traffic school by 1 mph. My question is should I hire a lawyer to help with this? I have no tickets in the last 12 years and just trying to not lose my license or at least be able to go back and forth to work. Thanks.

dude just work with the cop. i was tagged at 96 in a 55. I was actually going 96, just was cruising to work at 500am. the cop asked me to be honest, and I was. He booked me at 68, and I paid $100 instead of $560. cops can be reasonable people and they wont try to hurt you.

I passed up a car on Louisville road and the cop flagged me for 82 in a 55 for the passing speed. I am over by 27 mph so I have to show up for court (Spencer County)(no prepay) and missed traffic school by 1 mph. My question is should I hire a lawyer to help with this? I have no tickets in the last 12 years and just trying to not lose my license or at least be able to go back and forth to work. Thanks.

Plead guilty and agree to the longest suspension allowed by law.

This can be easily amended if you contact the county attorney, and state your case. If you know somebody in that county that is friends with the county attorney that would help.

I was in court Wednesday for exactly 82 in a 55. Didn't have a lawyer or talk to county attorney. She voluntarily knocked it down to 25 over and dismissed the reckless driving charge. Paid 143 court cost and have to attend state traffic school. Had no prior tickets in last 5 yrs.

Reactions: Keeping the faith

You won't lose your license, but I would go to court and try to negotiate down to 79 so you can go to traffic school. If it stays at 27 over, it may be six points on your license; 12 points gets you suspended. I got pulled over for running a red arrow, so I got to go to traffic school. I commute to Georgetown from South Lex, so I know about needing to drive.

I find it truly amazing why anyone would ever want to be a Cop.

Low pay.
Terrible hours.
Dealing with fools.
Dangerous.
Minority’s hate you.

I just don’t comprehend why anyone wants to do it. It actually boggles my mind. I see no upside to being a police officer.

Reactions: crpoore and robo222
I would rather pay fines and insurance increases than go to traffic school. Hell, I would rather do a year in lockup than have to go to traffic school.

I went to traffic school 26 years ago. One point the instructor made was that you should go to the courthouse and periodically check your driving record.

He said mistakes can happen and something false could be on there.

Shortly after that, I went down and had my record pulled.

Lo and behold, there is a record of a duplicate license issued a year earlier that I didn’t request.

I start to freak out a little. I tell my story to friends and relatives.

I mention to my younger (under 21) brother that I guess I should go to the sheriff.

He fessed up that he went to the courthouse and posed as me so that he would have a “legit” fake I.D.

He had it all to make it happen. He had my birth certificate and knew my ss#.

Earlier that summer, he showed up at a club that I was at with friends. I was carded and I didn’t know that he had a fake ID.

He said at the time that he didn’t get carded. I bought it, but the bouncer carded two BigBlueDaves that night within 20 minutes of each other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT