ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina losing…..

UK should not even try against UGA and play their backups. Practice all week for th to next game and run a ball controller O to run out the clock against georgia.

If ODU had 1 less TO of the 4 they gave away they win easily

USC Jr looked dreadful. Worst team in the SEC 2024 by far. 0-8 conf record.

USCj will play much better next week. Consider it like a rivalry week at this point. Of we don't play even better next week than we did this week, we could definitely lose the game. I think the GCs just played down to their competition and ODU almost took advantage.

Reactions: RunninRichie
How in the world did we lose to SCjr last year? That ranks right up there with the Vandy loss two years ago and S Miss embarassment in 2016.
A bad offensive line covers up a lot of good. Unfortunately for us, Coen didn't do our offense, nor Leary, any favors. Neither did the WRs... It's hard to put into words how much of a colossal letdown the offense was last year.

The fact that defense was suspect all year when it was anticipated to be a strength didn't help either. Last year was just bad.

USCj will play much better next week. Consider it like a rivalry week at this point. Of we don't play even better next week than we did this week, we could definitely lose the game. I think the GCs just played down to their competition and ODU almost took advantage.

Sure they will likely be better because they will have had a few more practices. But Beamer may be the worst coach in the SEC, He's so lazy Kirby told him to find another job after a couple of years. Their gameplan won't improve and if UK doesn't turn it over 6 times it's a huge win for the Cats. I thought UK's offense looked very good, better than the defense actually.

Reactions: CGblue
I flipped over to this game early in the 3rd quarter and I was surprised to see all the empty seats even though the game was still close.
ODU gave the game away with 2 turnovers late one I think on the 10 YL? USCjr very lucky to walk away with a win. As others have noted their offense looked really anemic I think the CATS D could put up another goose egg saturday.

Reactions: ukalum1988
I would bet that Oklahoma vs Tennessee will be Game Day on the weekend we play Georgia. It will be OU's introduction to SEC football.

I would love to see Vandy beat them. I personally have no problem with Vandy winning unless we’re playing them. Beamer and the USC fans are a bunch of chumps OTOH.
I agree. I can't think of many scenarios when we aren't the opponent that I don't root for Vandy. One might be if they play Army or Air Force.

This is a rivalry game with the Gamecocks. No reason to think they'll play like they did against ODU. Though it would be GREAT if they played as poorly and we win by 3 TDs, its not likely they lay down for 3 quarters like they did last week.

ODU has built a solid program. Lots of players in the Tidewatet area that would normally head to VTech are staying in Norfolk. And a fumble as I type this.
Yeah they haven’t found a very functional qb since rahne has been there coaching yet but they scrap as a team and play scrappy d. They went to a bowl game last year, dinky as it was, and played something like 7-8 games that came down to the last possession. If they ever get a qb they could be a team to threaten for the Sun belt in a given year. They have a LB that could go back to back as an all American

Reactions: Girthang
Usually by now, we have a lot of South Carolina fans posting here, mostly baiting and obnoxious. Not sure where they are. I'd bet South Carolina plays us a much better game than they played against Old Dominion.

Reactions: Girthang
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT