ADVERTISEMENT

Sources Say Podcast

JST390-2

Junior
Nov 1, 2015
Florida

Feel good about Keshad Johnson …committing Saturday …

Spent a lot of time discussing what in the H is going on with Livingston situation …and they think he’s making a mistake …

feel good about Reeves …

Oscar looking like gonzo …

if Kobe Brown goes in the portal they are going after him …spent a lot of time talking about him(Brown) …if he comes UK is a contender …

guys that pull out of the draft there will be another portal period/hunt …

Bruiser Flint will be retained

Spent a lot of time discussing what in the H is going on with Livingston situation …and they think he’s making a mistake …

feel good about Reeves …

if Kobe Brown goes in the portal they are going after him …spent a lot of time talking about him(Brown) …if he comes UK is a contender …

Yeah I was surprised with the Brown comments and sounds like there's a better chance than expected that he could enter the portal.

feel good about Reeves …

Flint has to know where cal buried the bodies. Only explanation for keeping the gum-chewing merchant around.

Uh. Nope. We haven't even been in contention for a SEC or SECT title with Oscar.
In 2022 we finished 14-4 to Auburn's 15-3. The schedule was heavily in Auburn's favor. We lost a very close game in the SECT semi-finals to eventual champ UT.

I want us to win both every year, but we definitely were in contention with Oscar in 2022.

In 2022 we finished 14-4 to Auburn's 15-3. The schedule was heavily in Auburn's favor. We lost a very close game in the SECT semi-finals to eventual champ UT.

I want us to win both every year, but we definitely were in contention with Oscar in 2022.

He keeps posting this dumbass false stuff over and over. Love seeing more people calling him out about it.

So we could be looking at this squad:

G Wagner/Dillingham
G Reeves/Sheppard
G Edwards/Thiero
F Brown/Johnson
F Bradshaw/Onyenso

That team has potential, especially with Brown in there.

And before someone says “so and so will start” or “so and so has to play this position” let me say that it doesn’t really matter at this point. The starting lineup will likely fluctuate early in the season before Cal settles on who starts.

Name me one friend that he’s had on the coaching staff that he’s ever fired? They’ve moved onto other coaching positions but problem with Bruiser is nobody wants him… When he was leaving Indiana to come here they were rejoicing up in Bloomington!
It’s fitting that IUs last crappy coach ends up at UK at the beginning of our IU run to the bottom. It’s like contracting HIV. And no cal isn’t firing his friends. The nepotism is so deep with this guy. I really believed cal was an innovator when he came to uk. Instead he is a guy who recycles the same ideas, steals some usually the bad ones, makes zero adjustments. I really believed cal was growth mindsetted instead he is severely fixed mindsetted to the point that the program has not been well since 2015 and the clown can’t change the trajectory

It’s fitting that IUs last crappy coach ends up at UK at the beginning of our IU run to the bottom. It’s like contracting HIV. And no cal isn’t firing his friends. The nepotism is so deep with this guy. I really believed cal was an innovator when he came to uk. Instead he is a guy who recycles the same ideas, steals some usually the bad ones, makes zero adjustments. I really believed cal was growth mindsetted instead he is severely fixed mindsetted to the point that the program has not been well since 2015 and the clown can’t change the trajectory
I totally agree with you this isn’t the same Cal that took over in 2009. This Cal now isn’t a “killer” like the Cal that first came to UK. The Cal of 2023 is a “coddler” he’s worried about making people mad and doesn’t want to rock the boat he’s content. That’s the reason why this job has a shelf life of 10 years because coaches become to complacent when they are here to long.

I totally agree with you this isn’t the same Cal that took over in 2009. This Cal now isn’t a “killer” like the Cal that first came to UK. The Cal of 2023 is a “coddler” he’s worried about making people mad and doesn’t want to rock the boat he’s content. That’s the reason why this job has a shelf life of 10 years because coaches become to complacent when they are here to long.
From “killer to the 9 million dollar coddler”. The title of Cals next book.

What a scam

From “killer to the 9 million dollar coddler”. The title of Cals next book.

What a scam
UqUNGvE.png

Uh. Nope. We haven't even been in contention for a SEC or SECT title with Oscar.
That's because his teammates have been horse crap in close-out games.

They don't just arbitrarily hand out NPOY awards. Oscar is averaging 20 and 20 in three tournament games.

Meanwhile, Grady, Reeves, and Ty Ty have gone 4/34 from the field.

I'm surprised you're getting on the "We haven't won with Oscar" bandwagon.

What part of 4/34 from the field in close-out games from those guards is Oscar's fault?

G Wagner/Dillingham
G Reeves/Sheppard
G Edwards/Thiero
F Brown/Johnson
F Bradshaw/Onyenso

And before someone says “so and so will start” or “so and so has to play this position” let me say that it doesn’t really matter at this point. The starting lineup will likely fluctuate early in the season before Cal settles on who starts.
I would really like that squad. Wagner is a future star, that could be among the best teams in the country in February

That has nothing to do with my response to the other poster.
It actually does. Very much so. You're referring to a close one, two seasons ago, but again, when was the last time UK won the conference or the tourney? The big picture is what really matters. Cal is a mediocre coach who would have been fired at most other big programs without that awful contract.

Name me one friend that he’s had on the coaching staff that he’s ever fired? They’ve moved onto other coaching positions but problem with Bruiser is nobody wants him… When he was leaving Indiana to come here they were rejoicing up in Bloomington!

People don't fire friends generally. They are just strongly urged to move on.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Maybe Cal has gone WOKE !
Why inject politics into this? WOKE doesn't fit the UK situation, at all. The situation is that Cal has turned his back on the University of Kentucky and its basketball fans, and what it means to coach at UK. It's got to be something personal at this point, the comments he's made about fans, his obsession with recruiting and developing for the NBA. It's going to be a relief when he's finally gone.

Why inject politics into this? WOKE doesn't fit the UK situation, at all. The situation is that Cal has turned his back on the University of Kentucky and its basketball fans, and what it means to coach at UK. It's got to be something personal at this point, the comments he's made about fans, his obsession with recruiting and developing for the NBA. It's going to be a relief when he's finally gone.
You don't remember him kneeling with the rest of the team during the National Anthem being played ? As a veteran he crossed the line IMO.

G Wagner/Dillingham
G Reeves/Sheppard
G Edwards/Thiero
F Brown/Johnson
F Bradshaw/Onyenso

With that group of players, my guess is you're right on what the starting lineup should be. And the starting lineup matters a lot for a number of reasons. But I agree that it's likely to change as things shake out - assuming production trumps perceived potential. Last year was such a frustration with the starting lineup. Reeves not starting hurt quite a bit in my opinion.

John Robic

Reactions: CatPhight
That's because his teammates have been horse crap in close-out games.

They don't just arbitrarily hand out NPOY awards. Oscar is averaging 20 and 20 in three tournament games.

Meanwhile, Grady, Reeves, and Ty Ty have gone 4/34 from the field.

I'm surprised you're getting on the "We haven't won with Oscar" bandwagon.

What part of 4/34 from the field in close-out games from those guards is Oscar's fault?

I wouldn't expect @Smashcat to respond to this. Too much fun pushing a narrative that everything is Oscar's fault.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT