ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry if already confirmed.....

My first question like a lot of others is would he wait that long and my 2nd question is what is the NCAA going to say about him starting that late from an eligibility standpoint. I mean we are UK not KU or UNC so they tend to rule differently for us.

What sources? Nearly every single thing you read here is wrong, extracted out of context, or completely fabricated. Basically you have to be a fool to believe anything except a direct quote from the involved parties. The player has said nothing publicly. The University has said they are working through some issues. Quite literally every single thing beyond that is just bullshit.
Jack Pilgrim reported this on Wednesday while he was on KSR talking about the situation. He reported that he's taken the test twice and feels he's done everything he needs to do. I don't care who believes what....I'm passing along what was said and I personally believe there is probably some truth to that.

Jack Pilgrim reported this on Wednesday while he was on KSR talking about the situation. He reported that he's taken the test twice and feels he's done everything he needs to do. I don't care who believes what....I'm passing along what was said and I personally believe there is probably some truth to that.
He said, she said. So, Uk admissions apparently doesn't agree with Jack Pilgrim. Or Pilgrim was baiting hits. Or Pilgrim has a bad source. There could be any number of reasons why the information is bogus. There are many reasons why private details are no released. The general public has no right or expectation to know these details. That includes sports writers. Unless UK or the athlete releases a statement, there is absolutely zero factual data available.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike-D
He said, she said. So, Uk admissions apparently doesn't agree with Jack Pilgrim. Or Pilgrim was baiting hits. Or Pilgrim has a bad source. There could be any number of reasons why the information is bogus. There are many reasons why private details are no released. The general public has no right or expectation to know these details. That includes sports writers. Unless UK or the athlete releases a statement, there is absolutely zero factual data available.

🤡

My first question like a lot of others is would he wait that long and my 2nd question is what is the NCAA going to say about him starting that late from an eligibility standpoint. I mean we are UK not KU or UNC so they tend to rule differently for us.
The NCAA will clear him, and then after we win our 9th title, will come back post-hoc and rule him ineligible due to "irregularities."

Reactions: howercat
Actually, the general public has the ability to request documents from the university through the FOIA. So, yes, the general public, sports writers, etc. 100% has a right to information since UK is a state agency. It happens all the time.

Actually, the general public has the ability to request documents from the university through the FOIA. So, yes, the general public, sports writers, etc. 100% has a right to information since UK is a state agency. It happens all the time.
not personal stuff regarding a student
there are federal laws in place to prevent that from happening
yes the general public can get general documents
do you honestly think anyone has the right to get personal info from the school like test scores, grades, ect.....

You think that do you? Make a request of specific student test performance, entrance applications etc and see how far you get with that. I like your response though. I think it is typical of the ignorance that surrounds this discussion.

Bottom line is that the media or public has no right to student records which are personally identifiable

not personal stuff regarding a student
there are federal laws in place to prevent that from happening
yes the general public can get general documents
do you honestly think anyone has the right to get personal info from the school like test scores, grades, ect.....
Anyone could request emails between Calipari and Admissions. His personal information might be blocked out, but you would be probably be able to see what the issue is.

Last edited:
You think that do you? Make a request of specific student test performance, entrance applications etc and see how far you get with that. I like your response though. I think it is typical of the ignorance that surrounds this discussion.

Bottom line is that the media or public has no right to student records which are personally identifiable
Anyone could request emails between Calipari and Admissions. His personal information might be blocked out, but you would probably be able to see what the issue is.

Last edited:
Anyone could request emails between Calipari and Admissions. His personal information might be blocked out, but you would be probably be able to see what the issue is.
minus his personal info there would be very little left
no matter how much we all want to know, the facts are that federal law does not allow us to know by simply requesting it
anything that is so much as a hint would and should be redacted

minus his personal info there would be very little left
no matter how much we all want to know, the facts are that federal law does not allow us to know by simply requesting it
anything that is so much as a hint would and should be redacted
I think you’d be able to connect some dots, but I don’t care enough to debate it that much. I just hope he plays here. GBB.

I totally agree.

And the lack of news or rumors or ANYTHING coming out of this situation is bizarre.

My guess is that Capilouto made some calls and essentially told everyone to shut the f*ck up about this situation until it's resolved (one way or another).

He probably knows that the MBB staff leaked the issues, and I'm sure that made him pretty angry, so he's told the entire university to batten down the hatches and that there better not be another leak or rumor until it's resolved.

So I am guessing that's what the silence is all about in the meantime.
It makes no sense why Eli wouldn’t just say here is your waiver, it’s done.

Reactions: jmw23712
Don’t tell Bass that, it will implode his world view.

It’s like people forget the public fund UK. Yes there are always private donations but that is the state land grant school. Our taxes pay for a ton of crap up there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT