ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry for the ?? But is Reeves for sure back?

I see that he is back on campus but didn't see like an official announcement.? As much time as he took i thought there was something official out there.

I was at the father and son camp this weekend. He was there and signed autos, etc. He isn't the friendliest of the bunch but he is back.

Fwiw, DJ and Justin are really great with the kids.

I’ve met him twice he seems really quiet and reserved type

Yeah, I probably sounded negative but he just is kind of quiet. He was the last to sign kids ball this year and I said "glad you are back, have a great year" and he said, "yep".

Meanwhile, DJ taking pic with my kid and Edwards giving fist bumps plus being incredibly outgoing with campers. They are two of the best I've seen with the campers over past 4-5 years.

Yeah, I probably sounded negative but he just is kind of quiet. He was the last to sign kids ball this year and I said "glad you are back, have a great year" and he said, "yep".

Meanwhile, DJ taking pic with my kid and Edwards giving fist bumps plus being incredibly outgoing with campers. They are two of the best I've seen with the campers over past 4-5 years.
Yeah he was cool both times I met him, just wasn’t talkative which is fine. Glad he is back though. My sister took my nephew to the camp and said bradshaw was great with kids as well

Yep? That’s odd 😬

Reactions: Fox2monk
That actually kinda worries me a little bit

I wouldn't read too much into it. These are a bunch of guys sitting at a table with hundreds of fans coming through for autos.

The guys that stick out are those who make you feel special because they are. It is like everyday life. Most people aren't like that. I kinda assumed his response was just going through the motions. Some people are emotionally invested in others and some are not...that is just reality.

I can tell you I am telling everyone to have a great day, make it a great day, etc with any interaction. I don't care who they are or what they are doing. That is my energy...most people aren't like that.

I wouldn't read too much into it. These are a bunch of guys sitting at a table with hundreds of fans coming through for autos.

The guys that stick out are those who make you feel special because they are. It is like everyday life. Most people aren't like that. I kinda assumed his response was just going through the motions. Some people are emotionally invested in others and some are not...that is just reality.
Yeah I understand. He may have been tired of peopling for the day lol

No I’m not jokin. Do I think it means terrible news is coming or something crazy ? No…but that just seems like a very unhappy answer.
Gotcha, I though you were joking with him. Reeves just isn’t a very Livley person, he is quiet and reserved, I don’t think he is unhappy to be back, his personality isn’t a bubbly one

I was at the father and son camp this weekend. He was there and signed autos, etc. He isn't the friendliest of the bunch but he is back.

Cool thanks just making sure.
I was at one of those when Quade Green and Richards, etc. The year after PJ missed all the FTs in the tourney game. He was there after the surgery with finger all taped up. Still remember Quade Green was great with the kids and having fun. My kid got to go one on one with Richards a couple times. I told my son to throw the ball between his legs cause of course he was so tall. My son did and he got mad and like swatted it back about 10 feet. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk

I’m curious about player’s interactions with the fanbase. Who are some of the best you’ve seen?

I’m curious about player’s interactions with the fanbase. Who are some of the best you’ve seen?

We started with '19-'20 team. There was no camp in '20-'21, fwiw...so just did our 4th camp together.

'19-'20
Maxey, Hagans, Sestina, Brooks
(This group was very outgoing)

'21-'22
Wheeler, Brooks, Toppin
(Oscar was there but because he had been in Congo and COVID rules he could participate so only came out to wave to people)

'22-'23
Toppin, Oscar
(Least outgoing group by far, Toppin was great though both years; Oscar quiet but took pics with everyone that asked)

'23-'24
Edwards, DJ
(Very outgoing group and someone else said Bradshaw was great too but he wasn't at our camp this wknd)

Edwards and DJ are two of the best....probably right there with Toppin, Brooks, in terms of fan engagement.

You honestly don't see them that much. The camp is one night and one morning. During one session the kids play against players and that is where most interaction comes....that and when they sign a ball for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWes11 and Fox2monk
I think he’s an introvert but I also think he’s not too excited about being back again. Probably hurt that his NBA dream didn’t happen and I really think he wanted to leave but was so far behind on school credits wise he couldn’t.
Yeah I think Reeves has some issues he ll need to overcome. None of us know the details but maybe he couldn’t get focused to complete the coursework to transfer and is unhappy about that. I hope whatever the case he begins having fun.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I understand people expect a little interaction at a camp but in public, before/after games, etc. people should leave the players alone. No need for an autograph or a picture, waste of time for all involved.

Yes because he had nowhere else to go and we are a player’s first university. It does not matter what is best for the program, only whatever makes these kids rich. That’s the #1 goal here, ending generational poverty.

Like most transfers, Reeves didn't have the traditional recruitment. He didn't attend previous UK games and/or events. He wasn't being recruited for multiple years where fans became attached to him and wanted autographs, pictures, and continuously asked if we was going to sign with UK. I doubt he had that type of fan interaction at Illinois State. The BBN can kind be of overwhelming for some, especially those that have no previous interaction. He might not have known what he was getting himself into last year.

I agree. I mean he could have said "thanks" and it would have made more sense.
I’m sure he’s disappointed to be back in college for another year. It seems he really was hoping he could turn pro. The “yep” probably wasn’t geared as a bad thing but just disappointment that he will be in college another year.

Reactions: HagginHall1999

Sounds like he’s only back because he had no other options (couldn’t get the credits to grad transfer this summer). Hoping he isn’t a chemistry killer this year.

Reactions: Zissou87

Anthony Davis was the worst I’ve seen with my two kids. After the 2012 title, he went around state signing. We went to see him in northern Kentucky and while signing, he essentially never looked up. The guy sitting next to him just kept pulling the posters down the line while Davis kept his head down signing.
From my experiences (accompanying my kids), John Wall, Patterson, Monk, Fox, Ulis, Gabriel, Polson, and Darius Miller were the best.

We saw Fox in Glasgow for his signing tour. He was late because he had to travel from Somerset or London to get there. He was apologetic to the line for being late as he walked up and was really nice as he was signing. He told me “It was an honor to play at Kentucky”. That’s the attitude I like from guys living the dream that I didn’t get to have.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Worriers never joke about their worries.

Which is worrisome.
My name gets joked about, but I worry and I joke to poke fun a lot on here. But reeves isn’t the outgoing time, he is just quiet and reserved and that’s fine, not every player is going to be a big personality

We started with '19-'20 team. There was no camp in '20-'21, fwiw...so just did our 4th camp together.

'19-'20
Maxey, Hagans, Sestina, Brooks
(This group was very outgoing)

'21-'22
Wheeler, Brooks, Toppin
(Oscar was there but because he had been in Congo and COVID rules he could participate so only came out to wave to people)

'22-'23
Toppin, Oscar
(Least outgoing group by far, Toppin was great though both years; Oscar quiet but took pics with everyone that asked)

'23-'24
Edwards, DJ
(Very outgoing group and someone else said Bradshaw was great too but he wasn't at our camp this wknd)

Edwards and DJ are two of the best....probably right there with Toppin, Brooks, in terms of fan engagement.

You honestly don't see them that much. The camp is one night and one morning. During one session the kids play against players and that is where most interaction comes....that and when they sign a ball for you.
Thanks for the insight. I remember once there was an event for kids to meet NBA draft entrants at the 1997 draft and when they interviewed some of the kids later they all mentioned Derek Anderson as their favorite.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
You are hearing reeves is leaving in august ?
He has 74 posts and main claim is boosters telling him info, when cal has no relationship with boosters at all, if he is right in the long run I’ll give him props but it seems like a poster trying to come on here and stir the pot. Reeves has no options but Kentucky

IMO Reeves is back because he couldn’t find a way to get enough credits through the summer to hit the grad transfer portal. His final options were probably to come back to UK or go overseas or G-League. And he’s probably going to make more money at UK than either of those other choices for this year.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT