ADVERTISEMENT

Somto Cyril,Jordan Brown or N 'Faly Dante?

I like the current philosophy being used with our big man recruiting. Bring in a highly regarded reclass to spend a year at Kentucky developing instead of wasting it in high school. Provide injury and foul trouble insurance while getting reps against elite teammates. Become the man in your second year with a year of training and adjustment under your belt. That being said Cyril for me.

If we’re going off need probably Dante because of shot blocking. But Jordan brown is the best player on that list but he won’t be eligible probably, but I would be fine with somto if he wants to come

Reactions: Fox2monk
If we’re going off need probably Dante because of shot blocking. But Jordan brown is the best player on that list but he won’t be eligible probably, but I would be fine with somto if he wants to come
Brown’s a long shot from an eligibility standpoint.

But Dante hasn’t even entered the portal and I am not sure if he has graduated or even wants to leave Oregon. It is purely speculation right now.

The safe bet is probably just lock down Cyril and hope that one or both of Onyenso and Cyril can manage the 5 spot for most of the minutes.

But the thought of Dante on both the defensive and offensive end is exciting. He can block shots, rebound, and score inside.

Brown can score and is a good rebounder, but isn’t great on the defensive end. He doesn’t give us a rim protector. Also, I think he tends to float to the perimeter on offense more than Dante.

So my vote is for Dante.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
If Dante is available and is ok with his PT, him all the way. Show blocking, size and some offense.

Of course Cal would find a way to play
C Dante
PF Bradshaw
SF Mitchell
SG Edwards
PG Wagner
I think this would be the top lineup in that situation:

PG Wagner
SG Reeves
SF Edwards
PF Mitchell
C Dante

Rotate Bradshaw inside at the 4 and 5. Bring in Dillingham in the backcourt. That’s my top 7.

We have one option it seems Cyril. Brown? Ineligible. Dante? Not in portal. Let’s just throw HDs name back out there. The fact we are searching for scraps at this point is extremely troubling

We have one option it seems Cyril. Brown? Ineligible. Dante? Not in portal. Let’s just throw HDs name back out there. The fact we are searching for scraps at this point is extremely troubling
Dante has spent 4 seasons in college but not sure if he graduated and could become a grad transfer when UK hires the Oregon assistant.

Cyril because he's the one they are focused on and want to see what Welch/Antigua do with his potential.
Hopefully they can teach a move other than a dunk 😂. I do like that he tries to rip the rim down every time he gets the ball in the paint.

Dante didn’t have great shot blocking numbers

FycqGt8WYAwisoH

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
I like the current philosophy being used with our big man recruiting. Bring in a highly regarded reclass to spend a year at Kentucky developing instead of wasting it in high school. Provide injury and foul trouble insurance while getting reps against elite teammates. Become the man in your second year with a year of training and adjustment under your belt. That being said Cyril for me.
I like it too, but big guys get drafted on potential all the time, we won’t know that we can keep them a second year

Reactions: bookerfan66
I don’t think there’s much doubt that
Cyril has the highest long-term ceiling, possibly by a good margin. In this age of college sports, and especially our program in recent years, I have my doubts that he’ll reach his full potential here before transferring or going pro though. For that reason, I’d prefer the veteran presence and reliable production of Brown or Dante if either of them actually came available. There’s doubts that they have the eligibility and in Dante’s case, the desire, to transfer though, so it may be a moot question.

We don't need high potential/projects. We've already had that the last few years with Collins and Onyenso.

Give me two 5th year seniors at the 4/5 with Onyenso and Bradshaw backing them up. I'm voting Dante's Inferno on this one.

We’d hope. But we have no idea. Ugo is
Ugo at the very least should/can give you ware’s min maybe more I’m thinking 12-15 mins a game. If Dante enters go all out for him(I doubt he enters). Somto has all the potential in the world and if can’t hurt to add another body on the team

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
We don't need high potential/projects. We've already had that the last few years with Collins and Onyenso.

Give me two 5th year seniors at the 4/5 with Onyenso and Bradshaw backing them up. I'm voting Dante's Inferno on this one.
Agreed.

I just can’t see Onyenso going from barely used to 20+ minutes of solid production in one season. I think he’ll hold his own on defense, but could be a non factor offensively.

I’d rather have that proven commodity in Dante.

Or, at the very least, add Cyril to give us another option inside.

Putting all our money on Onyenso being a difference maker at Center is not smart.

Dante
Brown
Cyril

Really want to add a big bruiser. But I also don’t want to run the risk of Cyril possibly being what ugo was last year.
Don't believe he would get pushed around like Ugo did last year and possibly this year.

Brown off the market.

I want Cyril because he reminds me of Rodney Dent who as a child was a big time favorite of mine. Him and McCarty.
i see more "Bam" then i do Dent
i doubt he will be as good as Bam but he does have that type of ceiling

Brown we weren't even in on so that never made sense to mention. It is cyril so not sure why this is even a question. For all intents he is part of our team now he just needs to finish a class . I expect him to be our center with Ugo getting 15-20 mins a game and looking damn good in that role. But we have 3 guys at this moment who can play a college 5 so its not the end of the world if Cyril didn't get his grades worst case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT