ADVERTISEMENT

Some Will Riley highlights from the recent EYBL camp to ease your boredom.

ukfan1622

Junior
Jan 15, 2021
Okay, I know highlights only show the makes so a guy hitting threes on highlight films isn't surprising. But I'd like to point out that he did hit 46% on almost 5 attempts per game last year, including 48% on off the dribble threes. But I'd like those who watch the video to not focus too much on the made threes or that he plays above the rim. Look at the things when he gets the ball 15 feet away from the basket.
I really don't know how he can only be rated a 4 star by many after his junior season unless his defense is exceptionally bad. I've just never witnessed more offensive talent out of 1 player. He is not only the guy I'd most like UK to get, I think I'd trade anybody already on the roster for him. Yes, he would be a one and done freshman but he is unlike any we've had so far...

The 42 point game last week:

More highlights from the EYBL:

Now that I think about it the 4 star ranking (likely about to change) by some is likely a result of him being from Canada and playing weak competition. But now the Cat is out of the bag. I bet he watched a lot of Kentucky games while SGA was here. I think he's a take this year, next year, any year.

One of those three level scorers like Chandler. Better than Lanier right now, for anyone feeling bad we did not get Lanier. Yeah, the competition will be ten times harder for him but give him a year to adjust then you have a star ready at least in year two. Would still give us some scoring and good play year one but year two would be a breakout type of guy with us losing six seniors.

Reactions: catfan220
Okay, I know highlights only show the makes so a guy hitting threes on highlight films isn't surprising. But I'd like to point out that he did hit 46% on almost 5 attempts per game last year, including 48% on off the dribble threes. But I'd like those who watch the video to not focus too much on the made threes or that he plays above the rim. Look at the things when he gets the ball 15 feet away from the basket.
I really don't know how he can only be rated a 4 star by many after his junior season unless his defense is exceptionally bad. I've just never witnessed more offensive talent out of 1 player. He is not only the guy I'd most like UK to get, I think I'd trade anybody already on the roster for him. Yes, he would be a one and done freshman but he is unlike any we've had so far...

One of those three level scorers like Chandler. Better than Lanier right now, for anyone feeling bad we did not get Lanier. Yeah, the competition will be ten times harder for him but give him a year to adjust then you have a star ready at least in year two. Would still give us some scoring and good play year one but year two would be a breakout type of guy with us losing six seniors.
Is he a guy that if he reclassed he would need to do two years of college, or could he be a one-and-done?

Is he a guy that if he reclassed he would need to do two years of college, or could he be a one-and-done?
One and done. But one anybody would want in any year. IMO, he'd start ahead of Brea this year(if it was a choice between the two).

Reactions: catfan220
One and done. But one anybody would want in any year. IMO, he'd start ahead of Brea this year(if it was a choice between the two).

Not sure how you can say that, that’s actually a ridiculous statement. I’m sure you were saying the same thing about Justin Edwards last year too.

Reactions: uk78
Not sure how you can say that, that’s actually a ridiculous statement. I’m sure you were saying the same thing about Justin Edwards last year too.
No, I was not saying anything at all about Edwards so I hate to use a word you probably hate to hear, but you are wrong. He and Brea are similar shooters but Riley is way ahead of Brea in terms of overall skill and athletcism. I think you just don't know what you are talking about...

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
No, I was not saying anything at all about Edwards so I hate to use a word you probably hate to hear, but you are wrong. He and Brea are similar shooters but Riley is way ahead of Brea in terms of overall skill and athletcism. I think you just don't know what you are talking about...

Edwards, Bradshaw, and Wagner were our highest rated recruits last year by far. Devin Askew was a five star and one of the top 3 rated guards in HS, Isiah Briscoe won the 3 point shooting contest at the McDs game, I could keep going. Saying that yet another HS player that’s been playing against 16 year olds in sloppy AAU games is better than a college senior that was the best 3 Pt shooting player in all of college basketball last year is just, to put it lightly, stupid. Of all fan bases Kentucky fans should be the most wary of HS kids.

Edwards, Bradshaw, and Wagner were our highest rated recruits last year by far. Devin Askew was a five star and one of the top 3 rated guards in HS, Isiah Briscoe won the 3 point shooting contest at the McDs game, I could keep going. Saying that yet another HS player that’s been playing against 16 year olds in sloppy AAU games is better than a college senior that was the best 3 Pt shooting player in all of college basketball last year is just, to put it lightly, stupid. Of all fan bases Kentucky fans should be the most wary of HS kids.
Listen, I was not high an a single one of those recruits. The last recruit I felt so strongly about was one we missed, Zion Williamson, and before that AD. I don't make a lot of predictions about players like that so I'm not wrong a lot, but I get it...you think I'm stupid. Well, since we're sharing feelings now and you started it, I've felt that way about you for a while now but wasn't going to say it until you provoked me.

Listen, I was not high an a single one of those recruits. The last recruit I felt so strongly about was one we missed, Zion Williamson, and before that AD. I don't make a lot of predictions about players like that so I'm not wrong a lot, but I get it...you think I'm stupid. Well, since we're sharing feelings now and you started it, I've felt that way about you for a while now but wasn't going to say it until you provoked me.

Hey man no reason to get super mean, I didn’t say you were stupid, just the ASSUMPTION that an unproven 18 year old was better than a proven 23 year old in college. Now of course he could prove me wrong, but that would be the exception, not the rule. Even our top 3 pick Reed Sheppard laid a massive egg in the postseason because of being a freshman. Don’t see how you can pencil him in over Brea, especially to start the year.

Hey man no reason to get super mean, I didn’t say you were stupid, just the ASSUMPTION that an unproven 18 year old was better than a proven 23 year old in college. Now of course he could prove me wrong, but that would be the exception, not the rule. Even our top 3 pick Reed Sheppard laid a massive egg in the postseason because of being a freshman. Don’t see how you can pencil him in over Brea, especially to start the year.

I was not making an assumption; I was making a prediction. None of us are right about predictions all the time and I don't claim to be...but I'm also not wrong until it happens. We're not talking about a generic 18 year old but a specific one and I think he is a rare prospect of the type you don't see every year. You apparently don't agree and I have no problem with that. But when treated with rudeness I do have a tendency to get mean and I dont' deny it. I also punch back when punched. But I never start out mean or punching. edit note: I don't know why it it's showing you as author of this post Ron...it won't let me correct it. But sorry about getting mean.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Who would have imagined this post would turn into another pissing contest. My goodness people grow up.
happy gilmore no GIF

Reactions: delk4three
I would like to see Riley come in with the mindset that he could be our best player, but would have to work his butt off in order to beat out some proven upperclassmen for the spot. That was the problem with the previous staff, guys came in as Freshmen expecting to start and play significant minutes regardless of their performances. If Riley wants to work for it, then I am all for adding him. If he isn’t ready, the other guys will pick up the slack.

Mashburnesque
Dave, Are you aware of the 6' 10" , 265 lb HS sophmore who averaged 20 ppg and 9 reb and attends HS here in the Ft Myer area. He is also a tight end/def end on the HS football team. He looks like an all pro NFL defensive end. Reportedly, he has been offered a BB scholarship to IMG and Coach Boyles from Montverde has also been in touch. His brother was the starting point guard on the varsity this year as an eighth grader. I sent an email today to Brett Rybak who is on the UK BB staff, providing all the info I had on him. I don't know Rybak, I sent the email to him because he is the only BB staff member that lists his official email address. If you have a contact let me know his email and I'll send it to him. This player wants to hear from UK. I havn't listed his name because he is playing at a new HS and is under the radar and i don't want to publish his name .

Dave, Are you aware of the 6' 10" , 265 lb HS sophmore who averaged 20 ppg and 9 reb and attends HS here in the Ft Myer area. He is also a tight end/def end on the HS football team. He looks like an all pro NFL defensive end. Reportedly, he has been offered a BB scholarship to IMG and Coach Boyles from Montverde has also been in touch. His brother was the starting point guard on the varsity this year as an eighth grader. I sent an email today to Brett Rybak who is on the UK BB staff, providing all the info I had on him. I don't know Rybak, I sent the email to him because he is the only BB staff member that lists his official email address. If you have a contact let me know his email and I'll send it to him. This player wants to hear from UK. I havn't listed his name because he is playing at a new HS and is under the radar and i don't want to publish his name .

What’s the kids name? I have a friend on the football staff at IMG. I go to the basketball games there. I can check in on any updates and relay any info

He really needs to gain strength. And with us having six seniors and 2 sophomores that are experienced, strong an talented you would think for him to really shine it would be year 2 to break out. But with kids you never know how their brains work.

He is going visit Bama, Arkansas and us. He says he hasn't decided whether to reclass to 2024 or stay in 25. Hopes to decide by the end of June.
He is the real deal. I hope we get him no matter what he decides.
I don't understand why the board is so obsessed with this guy given the facts you just stated. every single prospect Bama or Arkansas wanted this cycle, recruit or portal player, they got over us because they were willing to pay him more. but we have guys on here claiming we are offering more money to players and they are STILL rejecting us. No one with a working brain believes that. Just what are you trying to suggest is wrong with us that even with a bigger bag we can't land players?

I don't understand why the board is so obsessed with this guy given the facts you just stated. every single prospect Bama or Arkansas wanted this cycle, recruit or portal player, they got over us because they were willing to pay him more. but we have guys on here claiming we are offering more money to players and they are STILL rejecting us. No one with a working brain believes that. Just what are you trying to suggest is wrong with us that even with a bigger bag we can't land players?
Okay, I'll bite. I assume you are talking about the Davis kid, right? ONE kid. How much did Arkansas offer? How much did UK offer? Please be accurate. And please indicate where you got your info. I wanna know if you are factual or full of shit.

Okay, I'll bite. I assume you are talking about the Davis kid, right? ONE kid. How much did Arkansas offer? How much did UK offer? Please be accurate. And please indicate where you got your info. I wanna know if you are factual or full of shit.
Here's the thing, dude with no shoes: I sat through the same offseason you did and I shouldn't have to explain to you how things went down. You were f'ng there for it just like me. I don't have any information you shouldn't already be privy to. I just read this board, same as you. So I don't feel any need to explain anything to you. It wasn't just one player it was a slew of them we made contact with and landed at programs that paid them more and every time the people on this board admitted it was NIL but for some reason there's collective amnesia to the fact that it's always NIL and its always going to be NIL. Lack of booster support was a problem PRIOR to NIL. it's why our facilities aren't on par with our rivals.

Thanks.

Here's the thing, dude with no shoes: I sat through the same offseason you did and I shouldn't have to explain to you how things went down. You were f'ng there for it just like me. I don't have any information you shouldn't already be privy to. I just read this board, same as you. So I don't feel any need to explain anything to you. It wasn't just one player it was a slew of them we made contact with and landed at programs that paid them more and every time the people on this board admitted it was NIL but for some reason there's collective amnesia to the fact that it's always NIL and its always going to be NIL. Lack of booster support was a problem PRIOR to NIL. it's why our facilities aren't on par with our rivals.
😆, thank you for confirming, 💩

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT