ADVERTISEMENT

Some UNC Ribeye for you....

Wow, the envy of UNC is strong in some of you. Here's a better idea, why don't you all get together and petition Washington and Obama, make sure the evil empire is brought down.

I find it funny that they're calling out the NCAA for punishing Jimmy B...when he was mentioned specifically for breaking rules in the NOA. Tell me, have any coaches or members of the athletic teams been specifically mentioned? Should Jimmy B get a pass because he whines a bit? Oh yeah, where's the outrage over Michigan's "academic fraud scandal"? Well, I guess we see who some of you feel inferior to. Haters gonna hate. [laughing]

So you agree with Rep Katko that easy classes for EVERY student at UNC is worse than abortion & innocent children being molested?
I love how you ran over here with this article a few minutes after I posted it on the UNC board.
Molestation of children is a terrible thing,the person responsible was charged,found guilty and punished in a criminal court of law.The UNC situation is an institutional wide cover -up of willful acts that cheated students out of a chance at a promised education for a period of about 20 years.

As to "running over here to post about it" anything that shines the light of day on the scandal at UNC should be shouted from every rooftop in the country until UNC is held accountable.

Manalishi
Manalishi Post

I've been working on another matter for the past few weeks, but a quick update:

There were some serious and heated discussions in CH following Wednesday night's debacle regarding self-imposing for this year, ala Louisville. Part of the reason was exasperation of what transpired versus Duke, no doubt, but word is that other news has begun to trickle out, as well. (see Greenberg, Gottlieb, etc.)
And the discussions were among some of the TRUE string-pullers in CH -- certainly not the pawns like BC and CF.

It also sounds like another name will be "sacrificed" in the coming weeks. We know that unc's "firings" sometimes move at a snail's pace, but if it goes down as is currently being discussed, its purpose will be yet another convoluted, half-hearted PR attempt.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
Manalishi
Manalishi Post

I've been working on another matter for the past few weeks, but a quick update:

There were some serious and heated discussions in CH following Wednesday night's debacle regarding self-imposing for this year, ala Louisville. Part of the reason was exasperation of what transpired versus Duke, no doubt, but word is that other news has begun to trickle out, as well. (see Greenberg, Gottlieb, etc.)
And the discussions were among some of the TRUE string-pullers in CH -- certainly not the pawns like BC and CF.

It also sounds like another name will be "sacrificed" in the coming weeks. We know that unc's "firings" sometimes move at a snail's pace, but if it goes down as is currently being discussed, its purpose will be yet another convoluted, half-hearted PR attempt.
A lot of speculation that the firing will be the women's basketball coach.

Last edited:
That is the first time I opened any of those. I looked at the last one 60 something. Yes thousands of pages each...all those were football but in my uneducated opinion it looks as though they are trying the ole embedded picture effect. Put the real data in millions of other pieces of data to help conceal it. jmuo...

UNC-CHeats is now officially more immoral, dishonorable and disgraceful than Louisville. You root for a school that with a straight face put Rashad McCants on the Dean's List with all As, in a semester when he admits he did zero class work, and that kept Julius Peppers eligible when he passed no class that required any school work. And you don't believe that requires any punishment, self-imposed or otherwise. You are a joke.
This x10

I'm not usually inclined to agree with anything a politician has to say, especially a house republican, but I do agree with the part about nothing major happening with regards to sanctions and the selective enforcement aspect of the various NCAA subcommittees.

Too bad nobody likes using the word "conspiracy" anymore. If there was ever a time to bring it out of the mothballs, this would be it. Let's just say I now see the entire scandal as plausible deniability run amok for over 20 years without restraint. And yes, the entire college landscape is undoubtedly politics as usual.

No. Actually this latest post from Manilishi gives me even more confidence. This poster, their number one "insider", has gone from "severe sanctions definite" to know saying (maybe) scholarship reductions. I don't know about you, but to me scholarship reductions is not a severe penalty moving forward.

Second, the "proof" he gives for vacating wins is that the classes were impermissible benefits. We know this is not true. In fact, the quote he gives, from the NOA, points to the classes not being impermissible benefits. It says academic support staff used "special arrangements" to obtain these classes, not that these classes in themselves were IB (or to make some happy IEB). Furthermore, a point which was brought up elsewhere, if the courses were IB then why wouldn't the NCAA have included other sports which had players take said courses? Are we talking about swimming or tennis having to vacate wins? They had athletes in the courses as well.

Nope, I feel even more confident than prior.
How do you breath breath with your head stuck in the sand?

The cancer is so deep and so entrenched that there is no way to cut it out as it would kill the patient.

Not joking here at all, UNC NEEDS an intervention. Some outside power that can come in and gut the place with the hope that something with an ounce of integrity can take root in that putrid swamp. They need a reincarnation or at least a phoenix rising from what surely needs to be ashes.

Funny, you could remove the UNC and put UL in there and it fits both of them

Reactions: brianpoe
http://www.syracuse.com/opinion/ind...nst_north_carolina_is_going_to_be_a_joke.html

Rep. John Katko, R-Camillus, met Wednesday with the Syracuse Media Group editorial board. After holding forth on topics such as homeland security, ISIS, the highway bill, Congress's performance, the presidential campaign and economic development in Syracuse, Katko had time for one more question.

It was about the status of National Collegiate Athletics Accountability Act, a bipartisan bill co-sponsored by Katko and others. The legislation would require more transparency and due process reforms for athletes and schools that are accused of breaking NCAA rules. It also would create a presidential commission to examine the intersection of college sports with money, academics and the health and safety of student-athletes.

Katko offered some insight into the NCAA probe of academic fraud at the University of North Carolina. Syracuse University basketball fans, you're not going to like what you're about to read:

Q: What's the status of the NCAA accountability bill?

Katko: We're kind of waiting to see what happened with North Carolina, and it sounds like it's going to be a joke. North Carolina had academic fraud going back 15 years, they had phantom classes for athletes, and they're trying to say, from what I understand preliminarily from the NCAA, is that they may not think the athletic department is accountable for that.

Q: When Syracuse University head basketball coach Jim Boeheim was held responsible for ...

Katko: No (bleep). I mean, it's ridiculous. I think that the NCAA is a joke.

The bill is actually a good bill because we have a hook through our federal funding for universities to take a look at it. There really should be a commission formed to take a look at the entire ball of wax. We're kind of waiting on what happens in North Carolina before we move forward.

Q: Is there bipartisan sponsorship?

Yeah. Some people view it as a "third rail'' type of thing, but I think that's something that should be looked at, because I think college sports are out of control, absolutely out of control, and there should be a lot of reforms to it. ...

I think the (NCAA's) corruption is profound. I mean, when you have children beingraped on campus at Penn State, and the sanctions get all basically peeled back, and Joe Paterno doesn't lose any of his victories, they're all reinstated, and then they pound Boeheim and take away a hundred of his victories [actually, 101], give me a break. It's so uneven. It's ridiculous.

And if you look at what happened at Miami -- because they botched the investigation, nothing happened. That guy (University of Miami booster Nevin Shapiro) was paying for abortions for girlfriends, he was taking them out with strippers, he was taking them out to pro basketball games, he was taking them on cruises, and that guy in Miami gets nothing? Really? It's a joke.

And then North Carolina, I think, perhaps is the worst one of all, because they had phantom schools, for 15 years, phantom classes! And they're going to get less of a sanction than SU? Are you kidding me? It's ridiculous. So, something should be done.

Wow. I hope they burn.

I was never sure one way or the other until recently about the poster Manalashi but I don't believe anybody is that connected . I don't have anything against him and it's interesting to read the stuff he posts . But he has too much info about every party involved to be plausible . At one point or another he has posted on what UNC insiders or string pullers are thinking and debating . Also what the NCAA was thinking with comments about there being a joke within the NCAA about UNC's efforts towards the scandal . Inside info on what UNC leadership was debating and BOT or BOG (whatever they use) . How does a NC St message board poster know all of that and how do you get the scoop involving so many different parties ? I've just mentioned a few things because there's been a lot more . Maybe he is connected but something doesn't seem right .

Reactions: Supreme Lord Z
I was never sure one way or the other until recently about the poster Manalashi but I don't believe anybody is that connected . I don't have anything against him and it's interesting to read the stuff he posts . But he has too much info about every party involved to be plausible . At one point or another he has posted on what UNC insiders or string pullers are thinking and debating . Also what the NCAA was thinking with comments about there being a joke within the NCAA about UNC's efforts towards the scandal . Inside info on what UNC leadership was debating and BOT or BOG (whatever they use) . How does a NC St message board poster know all of that and how do you get the scoop involving so many different parties ? I've just mentioned a few things because there's been a lot more . Maybe he is connected but something doesn't seem right .

I share your skepticism. I became even more skeptical when he would "disappear" for long periods of time and hint that he was doing some kind of secret mission stuff in some remote part of the world. But, the clincher was his threat to take away information if the PackPride board questioned him. Also, some of his information is so cryptic, it is completely worthless. He can later claim that he was accurate because his info could be interpreted a thousand different ways.

I don't like ANYONE who plays games, especially secret squirrel games. I am not an MJ fan for the same reason. But, that is another story.

But, having said all that, I hope that UNC gets hammered and hammered hard.

No. Actually this latest post from Manilishi gives me even more confidence. This poster, their number one "insider", has gone from "severe sanctions definite" to know saying (maybe) scholarship reductions. I don't know about you, but to me scholarship reductions is not a severe penalty moving forward.

Second, the "proof" he gives for vacating wins is that the classes were impermissible benefits. We know this is not true. In fact, the quote he gives, from the NOA, points to the classes not being impermissible benefits. It says academic support staff used "special arrangements" to obtain these classes, not that these classes in themselves were IB (or to make some happy IEB). Furthermore, a point which was brought up elsewhere, if the courses were IB then why wouldn't the NCAA have included other sports which had players take said courses? Are we talking about swimming or tennis having to vacate wins? They had athletes in the courses as well.

Nope, I feel even more confident than prior.
Regardless what happens as far as penalties goes. The evidence shows it's the most damning academic scandal in the history of this country spanning over 20 years. No matter how much Roy sucks the NCAA off to get off scot free it doesn't change the fact this is the biggest cheating scandal in sports history. Dean smith, much like John wooden, has been held to such high standards that the NCAA will never touch there success regardless of the extent of how bad they cheated to achieve their success.

Obviously the NCAA is going to let UNC off as they have proven to be very inconsistent in there punishments. But if they punished you the way it should be handled, if the NCAA had any morals and standards whatsoever, by doing UNC the way they would any other program besides duke doing this. Itd be death penalty, multiple banners down, vacated wins, loss of scholarships, and probation for the rest of time. Imagine if it was Kentucky? The skies of Lexington would be raining hellfire as the NCAA does everything in there power to tear down the university and take away every win we've ever had, that's if it were Kentucky in this situation, hell UK has never in its history taken cheating to the unprecedented levels that UNC has, not even remotely close, and we still received much worse punishments. But given Emmert and the UNC ties. Yall are pretty much untouchable along with duke regardless how bad you all cheat. This is the pinnacle of cheating. It doesn't get worse than this as far as cheating over a certain period of time goes.

And since UNC is going to get away with it, it means they'll get away with everything. Even though every single win should be vacated from dean smith to the modern era. It ain't gonna happen. It's pathetic but in the minds of everyone who is a fan of college basketball. Knows that any success from UNC the last 25 years has one of these UNC* kinda like Barry bonds and his home run record. Yea it happened. But who cares since they had to cheat to achieve it?

Reactions: Dirk2Bowie
I share your skepticism. I became even more skeptical when he would "disappear" for long periods of time and hint that he was doing some kind of secret mission stuff in some remote part of the world. But, the clincher was his threat to take away information if the PackPride board questioned him. Also, some of his information is so cryptic, it is completely worthless. He can later claim that he was accurate because his info could be interpreted a thousand different ways.

I don't like ANYONE who plays games, especially secret squirrel games. I am not an MJ fan for the same reason. But, that is another story.

But, having said all that, I hope that UNC gets hammered and hammered hard.
We've seen this technique since the dawn of message board insiders. Throw out some vague predictions along a general line that leaves you plenty of room to reshape once things happen then you can be pretty much right about everything. Just forget the stuff you're wrong on and gloat about the few nuggets you are able to shape into something correct. Rinse. Repeat.

Look, if you know something then say it. If you don't then shut up. Enough with the cryptic Jeane Dixon crap.

If nothing else we should NEVER schedule the cheating bastards again. They shouldnt be participating at all this year and that says all we need to know about the NCAA. As for the so-called "jealousy" we are purported to have toward the cheatingest "university" of all time...well that is another case of your head in the sand delusion; nothing more than that. Go straight to he11 as far as I'm concerned, and take your fake championships with you.

If nothing else we should NEVER schedule the cheating bastards again. They shouldnt be participating at all this year and that says all we need to know about the NCAA. As for the so-called "jealousy" we are purported to have toward the cheatingest "university" of all time...well that is another case of your head in the sand delusion; nothing more than that. Go straight to he11 as far as I'm concerned, and take your fake championships with you.
this is really what it comes down to doing. It doesn't work if only one school does it,multiple schools need to cancel scheduled games and refuse to schedule UNC until the issue is addressed by the NCAA. When their OOC schedule is reduced to a string of Division II schools they might reconsider how they are doing things and the NCAA might get around to doing something

I agree, but not only will others not do it, we wont either. The money will always be the deciding factor and everything will be swept under the NCAA's incredibly crowded rug.

I agree, but not only will others not do it, we wont either. The money will always be the deciding factor and everything will be swept under the NCAA's incredibly crowded rug.
You are right,they won't but it would seem that other schools would get tired of being sanctioned,their coaches being suspended and post season bans as UNC goes their merry way while having done worse things than the collective transgressions of all the other schools that have suffered at the hands of the NCAA during the past 20 or so years.

Roy on Katz corner right now saying media blew this thing out of proportion.

Saying class was 1/1000th of the courses

Basketball players Never implicated but hurt recruiting with false accusations.

That vertigo acting up again. It's causing dementia. Lol

Has he been hanging around Pitino too much?How can you say crap like that in the face of the number of athletes in those classes over the years,does he not understand that people can look back and find the numbers.Maybe UNC has used all the time they bought to go back and change the names of who was in the classes,if they never went to class it wouldn't be all that hard to do

Reactions: preacherfan
Wow, the envy of UNC is strong in some of you. Here's a better idea, why don't you all get together and petition Washington and Obama, make sure the evil empire is brought down.

I find it funny that they're calling out the NCAA for punishing Jimmy B...when he was mentioned specifically for breaking rules in the NOA. Tell me, have any coaches or members of the athletic teams been specifically mentioned? Should Jimmy B get a pass because he whines a bit? Oh yeah, where's the outrage over Michigan's "academic fraud scandal"? Well, I guess we see who some of you feel inferior to. Haters gonna hate. [laughing]

UNC envy? You're on a UK board son. We own the college game. This about UNC and their awful skeletons.

Take that jealousy crap to a school that doesn't trump you in nearly every category.

Coach K ain't retiring no time soon. He foaming at the mouth thinking Roy ,Rick. And possibly Jim gone soon

I really hope someone at the NCAA is listening to Roy run his mouth. If they needed another reason to find a way to hammer UNC, here it is.

Blown out of proportion my A_ _ the some beaches have been cheating and lying for twenty years !!! one of the real issues here is UNCheats attempts to cover it up and ESPN, acting like there is no story to tell !!

So whats more disgusting ?? Roy's lies or the way ESPN is showing monumental amounts of favoritism towards UNC in all of this?
You know what's hilarious? If you read the UNC board, they're convinced that ESPN is out to get them with the scandal. Some over there continually refer to it as DSPN, which I assume is some reference to Duke.

You know what's hilarious? If you read the UNC board, they're convinced that ESPN is out to get them with the scandal. Some over there continually refer to it as DSPN, which I assume is some reference to Duke.

Back when the PJ scandal was going on, they thought the NCAA was out to get them. But, let's be honest, Bethel claims the academic advisers honestly thought Crowder was a TA, so stupidity runs wild on that campus.

That's the worst part. That UNC didn't have the decency to genuinely be outraged by what went on in their school. Cheating has become so ingrained in who they are as a University that they no longer recognize it as wrong. It is simply an obstacle to be navigated around until it's back to business as usual.

You don't get that way overnight. This is institutionalized. Part of who they are. Their culture. To them, they are entitled to it.

It's called, "The Carolina Way"!

Trying to use anything that BRad the Shoe Salesman writes as some "VOICE OF TRUTH" is about the same as having a wet fart and then trying to hold that up as deep thoughts.

Why is BobbyG posting here or anywhere but the UNC site? He keeps bringing us points of view from the UNC side of things and it's never going to change the mind of an intelligent human being. To believe their side of things is like believing your child when they say "I didnt do it daddy" with a broken cookie jar on the floor and chocolate on their lips.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT