ADVERTISEMENT

Some takeaways from 1760 mile drive cross country

i hitchhiked from omaha to kansas city one friday night. standing out in the middle of nowhere in kansas in the middle of the night waiting on a ride, totally flat horizon any direction, no houses, no lights except the stars. sometimes waiting an hour or longer for a car to come by. it was surreal, like being on the moon. i took a greyhound back to omaha.
Better to read about you here—than watch you on a an episode of Dateline

Went on a cross country road trip in 1986 when I was 8 years old. Loved it as a kid and to this day one of my traveling goals when I retire is to make many more trips out west. I’ve done it four times total and love the experience.

One day I plan to drive as much of the old Route 66 I can (skipping the places where I might get shot. Looking at you East St Louis). Would love to visit all the road road side attractions.

I’ve made several trips to New England but nothing beats the open road heading west.
I love travelling to the New England area. The landscape and houses are so pretty. I've never been out past the midwest. I picture it being nothing, drab colors, dust. But a lot of people live out that way :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT