ADVERTISEMENT

Some Lanier smoke?

ok-alright.gif

I’m okay with that, Chaz is a good player and can get you a bucket
Same! For year one with little time, I have minimal complaints. Missing out on Robinson stinks, but he put together a balanced roster. Not top heavy by any means, but having that high end talent doesn't mean you win more anyway. We've seen that first hand ourselves! Excited to see what he can do with this roster.

Same! For year one with little time, I have minimal complaints. Missing out on Robinson stinks, but he put together a balanced roster. Not top heavy by any means, but that doesn't necessarily translate to success as we've seen as fans. Excited to see what he can do with this roster.
Pair Brea and Chaz together and you have the best 3pt shooter and the best scorer in the country on the court.

Pair Brea and Chaz together and you have the best 3pt shooter and the best scorer in the country on the court.
It looks nice on paper, but I have my reservations untill I see it on the court. If it all comes together then I'm beyond happy! If not though, then I think Pope will learn a ton year one to then start optimizing recruiting year two, three and beyond.

Read last night a guy on X (name escapes me but he has posted several times and seems credible) that said if Jaxson can get a 2nd round eval for the NBA then he is staying in the draft.

Same! For year one with little time, I have minimal complaints. Missing out on Robinson stinks, but he put together a balanced roster. Not top heavy by any means, but having that high end talent doesn't mean you win more anyway. We've seen that first hand ourselves! Excited to see what he can do with this roster.
You can't "miss out" on a player that never was available - if he stays in the draft. If he comes back to college, I like our chances on getting him to Lex.

Read last night a guy on X (name escapes me but he has posted several times and seems credible) that said if Jaxson can get a 2nd round eval for the NBA then he is staying in the draft.
Yeah I saw that too. It was the Joe Adams guy. No idea if he's truly legit.

Reactions: wccat2969
You can't "miss out" on a player that never was available - if he stays in the draft. If he comes back to college, I like our chances on getting him to Lex.
You're right if he stays in the draft. Curious to see what the difference in money would be if he ends up in the second round. Might have his mind made up either way though.

Reactions: jjsomer
I like Lanier for sure but don’t think he’s a “make him an offer he can’t refuse” kinda guy. Is he better than Johnell Davis or the guards who went to UConn or Kansas? Doesn’t seem like we offered them that kind of NIL.

Is there ANY chance we get Robinson and Chaz to finish this out? Or is it most likely it’s just one
If we do, then we almost certainly will lose Brae or Oweh. I'm not saying don't do it, just that we wouldn't be going from 9 to 11, but rather from 9 to 10. There are only 80 minutes at the 2 & 3. Even if you assume the 3 FR get none of them (they'll at least get a few), that is 80min you would try to split between Lanier, Robinson, Brae and Oweh. Whoever is at the bottom of that pecking order getting <20mpg wouldn't be happy.

We need one "Dude" at the 3 or 2, and we need a backup for the 4.

You're right if he stays in the draft. Curious to see what the difference in money would be if he ends up in the second round. Might have his mind made up either way though.
The one thing I really like on Pope is that he has a good feeling (or connection) somewhere about what players are going to do. He was really in on Osobor until he learned he was taking official visits elsewhere - with Washington being the last. Pope pivoted and got a really good big in Harrison. It seems from the internet smoke that Robinson may be staying in the draft, so he's pushing for Lanier.

IMO, he has done a phenomenal job on putting together a roster in less than a month's time. If we get Lanier, that's a scorer that we could really use. We have a lot of really good pieces. The question then becomes fit.

Seems to me possible that Lanier really wants to sign with Pope, and not with Tennessee, so the Lanier family is putting out the "NIL he can't refuse ..." line as a cover, to mitigate against the hate-mail that Lanier might otherwise receive from the UT crazies. I would think that NIL agreements routinely contain confidentiality clauses that have serious penalties for disclosing the terms of the NIL agreement.
Just a thought.
Go 'Cats ! ! !

If we do, then we almost certainly will lose Brae or Oweh. I'm not saying don't do it, just that we wouldn't be going from 9 to 11, but rather from 9 to 10. There are only 80 minutes at the 2 & 3. Even if you assume the 3 FR get none of them (they'll at least get a few), that is 80min you would try to split between Lanier, Robinson, Brae and Oweh. Whoever is at the bottom of that pecking order getting <20mpg wouldn't be happy.

We need one "Dude" at the 3 or 2, and we need a backup for the 4.
I hope that doesn't happen. Pope doesn't seem like the type to just recruit over guys like Cow did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT