ADVERTISEMENT

Solar Generators

UK82

All-American
Feb 27, 2015
Any experience? Been looking at Jackery and Ecoflow to power appliances during power outages. I have a gas powered Westinghouse but looking for something else as a back-up.

I’ve got a fold up jackery panel I use for backpacking on long trips. Works like a charm when there is good full sun. Not so great when there is slight cloud cover. Is there a specific model you’re looking at?

I’ve got a fold up jackery panel I use for backpacking on long trips. Works like a charm when there is good full sun. Not so great when there is slight cloud cover. Is there a specific model you’re looking at?
Thanks for the reply. Been looking at Jackery Explorer 2000 and Ecoflow Delta 2 Max. I like the Lifepo4 battery. Really trying to find one that will power fridge, tv, some lights, etc. during an extended outage.

Thanks for the reply. Been looking at Jackery Explorer 2000 and Ecoflow Delta 2 Max. I like the Lifepo4 battery. Really trying to find one that will power fridge, tv, some lights, etc. during an extended outage.
Those look awesome. Very interesting. I’d think if it was something mission critical I’d still want a diesel generator but those look like a great option for less consequential stuff.

Reactions: UK82

Usually when things get discounted like this there’s a newer better version on the way but this seemed like a pretty good deal.

• Love
Reactions: UK82
If you’re trying to power appliances for any extended amount of time, I’m afraid a Jackery won’t do you much good. Not even the biggest one they sell. For the same cost, you can get a much more powerful gas generator, add a natural gas converter, and basically run your whole house off of it. I live in New Orleans where hurricane prep is a way of life, and I can’t imagine anyone planning to ride out a storm and power outage with a solar generator.

As far as smaller energy needs are concerned, I use my Jackery 500s on a regular basis to power computers, PA system, hotspots, etc. Smalll stuff. I love them and will never go back. You can find those for $350 and they are more than enough to handle that need for many hours.

Reactions: UK82 and chroix
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT