ADVERTISEMENT

Is Ky native Dane Key turning into an AA WR at UK?

He doesn't have the stats to be an All-American so far. He is looking at 2nd/3rd team All-SEC right now though.

The NFL potential is starting to ooze.
This. Just because he is making 6 catches in a game we see him as awesome!!! That’s an average WR on most teams.
He has improved to a good reciever. He has a long way to go to be an elite receiver.
See Bamas freshman in three years. That cat is gonna be elite. Two magnificent game altering catches as a freshman.

It all depends how the targets keep getting divided up. I think his best path to a high draft position is come back next year and be the absolute 8+ targets a game WR1 with Brock. The NFL will be interested in him and Brock and their film will help each other a ton.

This. Just because he is making 6 catches in a game we see him as awesome!!! That’s an average WR on most teams.
He has improved to a good reciever. He has a long way to go to be an elite receiver.
See Bamas freshman in three years. That cat is gonna be elite. Two magnificent game altering catches as a freshman.
You are comparing Dane to a 5 star probably this top freshman receiver. He is on a different level. Doesn’t mean Dane isn’t very good.

You are comparing Dane to a 5 star probably this top freshman receiver. He is on a different level. Doesn’t mean Dane isn’t very good.

True, but the original post was about Dane becoming all-American level, which means comparing him to all college WRs.

So, in that regard, it’s a fair to make that comparison.

Regardless, Key seems to have worked & matured into a great college WR. I agree with most that b/c of the offense he plays in, he won’t have enough touches/yards to get the awards, but he is a huge asset to this team.

Like others, I know this season isn’t half over yet, but I also would like to see him (and Bush, Brock, Barion, & Wilcox) come back for 2025 to see what the offense could become in year 2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT