ADVERTISEMENT

So Where Can You Get KY's Newly Legal Medical Weed?

You can get a card now that will allow you to travel to another state and bring it back. You need the medical card and your receipt to allow it to cross state line. This is all until it's legal here.

Reactions: J_Dee
It's still not legal. It passed the senate, but not the house. It is likely to pass the house, but the law still won't go into effect until 2025. Even then it doesn't allow for smoking marijuana.

Either you or your friend is making stuff up.

He’s not making stuff up. He owns over 30 pharmacies. The state did start issuing promises of licenses. So he is at the top of the list. Believe me or not. I know for fact he is one of the people at the top of the list who will get a license.

He’s not making stuff up. He owns over 30 pharmacies. The state did start issuing promises of licenses. So he is at the top of the list. Believe me or not. I know for fact he is one of the people at the top of the list who will get a license.

You said he had received a license, now you say he is on a list.

You said he had received a license, now you say he is on a list.

He is one of the first to receive the license once it clears. Should have been more detailed. Believe it or not. That’s fine. It’s the internet.

I know he was traveling to other states grow farms the past couple of years. He has been anticipating this. The waiting list is a real thing.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
So the rich get richer. Does he contribute to special political funds? Not being a smart ass either, seriously asking because this seems like some hush hush BS to me

He is one of the first to receive the license once it clears. Should have been more detailed. Believe it or not. That’s fine. It’s the internet.

I know he was traveling to other states grow farms the past couple of years. He has been anticipating this. The waiting list is a real thing.
There is no such list.

He might be one of the first to get approved once there is a list, but that would be because he's done his work fo prepare for legalization. Either way, he won't be selling bud as it won't be legal. It will all be edibles and tinctures the way the law is written.

So are you big gubment lefty medical weed users going to turn in your firearms in order to avoid commiting a felony (Biden loves making Americans felons, especially gun owners), or is this one OK to ignore? And if so, should we also ignore the pistol brace mandate and all the other unconstitutional anti-second amendment alphabet agency "laws"?

Under federal law, it is a felony, punishable by up to 15 years in prison, for an "unlawful user" of a "controlled substance" to possess firearms. The ban applies to all cannabis consumers, even if they live in one of the 37 states that have legalized medical or recreational use. That disability, a federal judge in Oklahoma ruled last month, is not "consistent with this Nation's historical tradition of firearm regulation"—the constitutional test established by the Supreme Court's 2022 decision in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen. The Justice Department recently filed a notice indicating that it intends to appeal the decision against the gun ban for marijuana users.

The DOJ Says Marijuana Use, Which Biden Thinks Should Not Be a Crime, Nullifies the Second Amendment. Even as the president bemoans the injustice of pot prohibition, his administration insists that cannabis consumers have no right to arms.

Too many memories of the connection going dry back in the day, or having to buy at a time convenient for the connection. I'll merrily pay a premium to be guaranteed what I want when I want it.

Same.

The droughts were terrible. Only one kind to choose from most of the time. Waiting in parking lots looking suspicious. Been there, did all that.

So are you big gubment lefty medical weed users going to turn in your firearms in order to avoid commiting a felony (Biden loves making Americans felons, especially gun owners), or is this one OK to ignore? And if so, should we also ignore the pistol brace mandate and all the other unconstitutional anti-second amendment alphabet agency "laws"?

Under federal law, it is a felony, punishable by up to 15 years in prison, for an "unlawful user" of a "controlled substance" to possess firearms. The ban applies to all cannabis consumers, even if they live in one of the 37 states that have legalized medical or recreational use. That disability, a federal judge in Oklahoma ruled last month, is not "consistent with this Nation's historical tradition of firearm regulation"—the constitutional test established by the Supreme Court's 2022 decision in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen. The Justice Department recently filed a notice indicating that it intends to appeal the decision against the gun ban for marijuana users.

The DOJ Says Marijuana Use, Which Biden Thinks Should Not Be a Crime, Nullifies the Second Amendment. Even as the president bemoans the injustice of pot prohibition, his administration insists that cannabis consumers have no right to arms.

You're always so angry.

Says the guy who rage types paragraphs and makes literally any subject something about left/right.

All politics, all the time. What a miserable existence.
Why is it unreasonable to support the freedom to go on record and sign up for medical weed and also buy/own a firearm without the threat of a felony charge?

Why is it unreasonable to support the freedom to go on record and sign up for medical weed and also buy/own a firearm without the threat of a felony charge?

This isn’t just the only thread you do this in man. However, I agree with you here.

Technically, I’m a felon right now. I am in possession of a small amount of marijuana and a firearm. Currently sitting in my house bothering no one.

This isn’t a new law. It was a part of the Gun Control Act of 1968. It was enacted with bipartisan support by a Democratic president, senate and house. Oddly enough, it was opposed by more Democrats than Republicans in both chambers, but neither vote was close.

I disagree with the DOJ, and if Sleepy Joe agrees, I disagree with him too. I’m in favor of descheduling cannabis and decriminalizing simple possession up to a certain amount for personal use. I also fully support the 2nd Amendment and the rights of others to legally own as many guns as they want even if they use cannabis.

I’ve smoked weed illegally for years, so I guess if it becomes legal I might own a gun illegally for the first time. Seems silly.

If I could still smoke, I would buy weed like I have for all of my life, w/o legal ramifications: From weed dealers.
It's easy, cheap, and readily available. Why involve the government?

If I could still smoke, I would buy weed like I have for all of my life, w/o legal ramifications: From weed dealers.
It's easy, cheap, and readily available. Why involve the government?

For me it’s a convenience/variety issue. Because with full legalization, which is the ultimate end game in every state, the legal ramifications disappear, there’s more variety, you don’t have to be on the weedman’s schedule, and there’s never a drought or bust.

For the last decade or so I’ve bought locally from a grower who grows one kind of really good weed. He charges less than street prices for good bud, less than $200 per ounce. I once smoked the same kind for a couple years because my one connection concentrates on one strain.

Contrast that with a buddy of mine who recently took $800 to a legal state and came back with an ounce each of 5 different kinds of flower, 10 grams of wax, 10 vape cartridges and about a dozen wax infused pre-rolls that will knock your socks off. He was kind enough to share one with me and I was very impressed.

I would rather have that than the one kind I can get now, and if I have to pay a 25% tax for the legal access, I’m OK with it.

Guess I was bad last night then by smoking.
Its been decriminalized to the point it doesn't matter unless you are moving weight.

Even when they legalize bud, I'd probably still get it mostly from someone I know or just grow it myself if that's an option.

Reactions: jcrow10 and Mossip
Its been decriminalized to the point it doesn't matter unless you are moving weight.

Even when they legalize bud, I'd probably still get it mostly from someone I know or just grow it myself if that's an option.
Yup, I have a buddy in Colorado that grows it. Just too expensive otherwise but he quit smoking cigarettes and smokes the exact same way I'm guessing.

Reactions: 80 Proof
The Albany regions first dispensary opened about 2 blocks from me. I had to pass by it at 11am and 8pm today.. line of about 100 people both times, going several blocks. It was absolutely mobbed.

Good to see I guess.. if for nothing else it keeps revenue here and not other states.

Medical marijuana passed, just needs the governors signature. Only for edibles, no smoking allowed still.
I'd have to look it up, but I believe Illinois started the same way, and then it led to full on recreational after a few years. Hopefully this is just the first step for KY.

The world is catching on that marijuana is at best a good thing for many medical afflictions and at worst really not that big of a deal from a vice standpoint. I even read today that the NBA is getting ready to allow players to smoke recreationally. I expect other sports leagues to catch on soon.

Some states have home grow options (Colorado and Michigan). I think you can have up to a certain amount of plants flowering at a time. I would love if home grow became a thing in Kentucky. Obviously the government isn’t a fan because it’s harder to tax something I grow vs something I buy at a store.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT