ADVERTISEMENT

So when will we know for sure?

I believe they have 10 days after the end of the combine, which would be the 30th for a definite answer for UK fans.

Reactions: wildcatdonf
If none of these three guys come back to UK then i will seriously have to reevaluate getting emotionally invested in these teams. Fans invest lots of emotion and time going and watching these kids play
If these kids can just take off on a whim and yes all 3 of these guys it is a whim...then as a fan i will dial my enthusiasm for these games way back

Use the whole quote please if you are gonna try to hate...thanks

giphy.gif

If none of these three guys come back to UK then i will seriously have to reevaluate getting emotionally invested in these teams. Fans invest lots of emotion and time going and watching these kids play
If these kids can just take off on a whim and yes all 3 of these guys it is a whim...then as a fan i will dial my enthusiasm for these games way back
oh nooooooo

People keep mentioning Travis but is there any sign he wants to be a grad transfer or is interested in UK at all?

I don’t understand the Reid Travis talk... it seems more random gossip than anything concrete ?

He’s gonna stay in the draft but only if 2of3 of WG,JV,PJ leave?

But if they don’t leave he’s not going to pull out of the draft? But he still may return to Stanford ?

Has Reid or anyone in his circle given ANY type of hint that he’s looking to possibly transfer other than he’s eligible/ allowed to transfer ?

People keep mentioning Travis but is there any sign he wants to be a grad transfer or is interested in UK at all?

Look..its a message board for venting and opinions and thats exactly what im doing...its what these boards are meant for. Pj Vando have no business going pro...absolutely none..i will cut Gab some slack...at least he stuck it out 2 years
Pj ans Vando have done nothing to suggest they are professional in any way

I think we at the very least get vando, IMO no way do we lose all 3, and i also believe if Washington and Gabriel are gone that it's a done deal we get Reid. The backup plans are already put in place. If for some reason we don't get Reid and only vando returns then I'd expect maxey to reclassify and us go with a 4 guard lineup for a good portion of games next season in a worst case scenario situation. But I believe Cal already has a damn good idea as to what's happening and already has everything figured out, to where all the groundwork has been done and he doesn't need to fill in any holes, he knows what's happening, we're just waiting to see what the players decide to do for it to go public.

Whatever decisions are made will decide which newcomers come in and I believe Cal already has every possible situation solved and is keeping it close to the vest and that we will know whenever the draft deadline gets here. Yes we will have holes to fill if players leave, and i truly believe every hole is already filled with us using maxey in a worst case scenario if the bleeding becomes worse than expected. No need to worry cal is just waiting for final decisions to be made before going public. All the roster spots are already figured out for every possible situation, cal will let us know when the time comes and we don't need to worry about being thin at any position, it just hasn't gone public yet. We will know which players are replacing who soon enough and all the possible replacements are already in place.

We WILL get 2 of Vando and one of Reid/Washington/Gabriel/Maxey. And that IMO is already a done deal and Cal knows it and isn't stressing anything. All there is to do is speculate which 2 players it is that will be on next years roster. I think we get Vando and Reid. But we'll see soon enough which 2 it is. No matter what we'll be stacked and heavy favorites, and IMO an absolute lock for #9. With Vando and Reid we will have by far the best frontcourt and backcourt in the nation. Either way though, gonna be absolutely filthy yall.

Last edited:
Gotta tell ya, the way the average joe at work discussed U.K. in 1985 is not at the same level as today. I love Kentucky as in, The State of Kentucky. For me, UK was an extension of that love, due to knowing the players over a 3-4 year period. It was a pride thing! The one and done experience has caused such a disconnect that investment is tough. No where near decades ago. To some, no big deal; this is what they've been raised on. Did we win, did we lose. For us older folks, knowing the players mattered, which made it extremely personal. It was a full time experience.

Bottom line is we should have lost 4 players off this past years team and here we are staring at 7 or 9...freakin no reason for that
SKJ transfered....Tai misbehaved and was shown the way out. Diallo was always going and Knox and SGA should have gone. The other 3 well who knows.

I don’t understand the Reid Travis talk... it seems more random gossip than anything concrete ?

But if they don’t leave he’s not going to pull out of the draft? But he still may return to Stanford ?

Has Reid or anyone in his circle given ANY type of hint that he’s looking to possibly transfer other than he’s eligible/ allowed to transfer ?
Insiders

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
The max would be 8, so you include 9 so you can say between 7 and 9? That's some idiotic nonsense. Just go wallow in your negativity then.

Its not negativity..its reality and it happened last year as well....point being you cant lose 5-8 players yearly and have any real contnuity...its that simple

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Gotta tell ya, the way the average joe at work discussed U.K. in 1985 is not at the same level as today. I love Kentucky as in, The State of Kentucky. For me, UK was an extension of that love, due to knowing the players over a 3-4 year period. It was a pride thing! The one and done experience has caused such a disconnect that investment is tough. No where near decades ago. To some, no big deal; this is what they've been raised on. Did we win, did we lose. For us older folks, knowing the players mattered, which made it extremely personal. It was a full time experience.
I am one of the "Elderly" UK fans I think you are referring to. Started following the Cats in 75. Biggest difference for me since the One and Done changed the game of college basketball.....The wins aren't quite as sweet and the losses don't hurt as much. Still following and watching, but just not quite as invested in players who always have one foot out the door. Overall, college basketball was a more enjoyable sport before One and Done rules. Freshmen were brought along slowly, players were more developed, the fans were more passionate and the game was of higher caliber. I miss it.

Look..its a message board for venting and opinions and thats exactly what im doing...its what these boards are meant for. Pj Vando have no business going pro...absolutely none..i will cut Gab some slack...at least he stuck it out 2 years
Pj ans Vando have done nothing to suggest they are professional in any way

I bet “gab” appreciates the slack your cutting him

Reid has been in the works for awhile not just the past 2 months.

He wasn’t invited to the combine which most likely means he returns for a grad transfer, at least many around Stanford’s program believe he is transferring.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Reid has been in the works for awhile not just the past 2 months.

He wasn’t invited to the combine which most likely means he returns for a grad transfer, at least many around Stanford’s program believe he is transferring.
You got a link son, then people will believe you. Lets be honest that's your opinion.

It is not random if people like Tucker and Sisk ( our man on the HOB) are talking about it . It is likely if PJ stays in the draft IMO from how people are talking . But we will know , to answer the OP , on May 30th . So in 11 days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT