ADVERTISEMENT

So what's the Billy Preston circus?

Financial questions about the car need to be answered...like which booster gave it to him?
Which Booster, prolly Doug Compton. Seems to be his thing, but he somehow continues to fly under the radar and no one knows or cares about him.

Yeah. Sounds like they are questioning where the car came from. Either trying to cover their own dirt since an accident brought it to the public or legitimately didn't think tn ask the question until now.

Also noted: Malik Newman went from one Adidas school to another...things that make you go "hmmmm"

I just wish I knew what the exact details were. So he got into an accident driving a vehicle that looks suspect because it's probably too nice for him? Is that assuming that his parents can't afford it for him? I know plenty of people who make decent money, but not great, and their kids drive really nice cars. I know some who make 3 times as much money and their kids drive 1993 Hondas. Just depends on priorities. Now, if his parents are school teachers and he's driving a Bentley, I can understand. Not justifying, but I'm curious if this is all over a 2014 Mercedes C-Class or a 2017 Audi R8.

I just wish I knew what the exact details were. So he got into an accident driving a vehicle that looks suspect because it's probably too nice for him? Is that assuming that his parents can't afford it for him? I know plenty of people who make decent money, but not great, and their kids drive really nice cars. I know some who make 3 times as much money and their kids drive 1993 Hondas. Just depends on priorities. Now, if his parents are school teachers and he's driving a Bentley, I can understand. Not justifying, but I'm curious if this is all over a 2014 Mercedes C-Class or a 2017 Audi R8.
Well, whatever it is, it is enough to keep him out of games and that sounds serious.

Also remember: KU apparently had no problem with the car he was driving until he got into an accident, then realized they wouldn’t be able to keep it hidden on the police report.

Guess Self isn’t giving the Lawrence PD enough tickets and free Hooters trips.

Something a lot worse is going on than just the car. Remember Selfs BS reason for keeping him out of previous games? Skipping class....

This kid won’t play college ball.

Pulled from the KU board and I don’t know anything about this guy who wrote the article and what kind of info he has.

"Well hello there folks its me Kevin Kietzman and you're listening to Between the Lines, a Kansas City tradition like no other. Now we got a big show today. I'm sure we could talk about Michael Porter Jr sitting out the college hoops season and how Bill Snyder is a legend. I'd love to talk about how great Bill Snyder is and how awesome it was to suck milk from his saggy teet....but I gotta say folks, something is going on in Lawrence. Something big is happening on Mt. Oread. And I'm doing some digging around."

"Clearly something is going on. You're right on with this assessment."

"Now for those of you who don't know what happened, and we were the first to report this. Let me make that clear, I was the first one who broke this story. Billy Preston was benched for the season opener for KU by Bill Self for allegedly skipping class. Last night, he was benched for being in a single car accident and KU wants to look into where this car came from. My sources are telling me, and they are accurate, that this is car came from Scot Pollard.

Now hear me out on this. Scot Pollard has a history of giving cars to KU players. Remember years ago, I broke the story of Pollard giving his car to Tyshawn Taylor who let the Morris Twins drive his car. It was in an accident. The NCAA ended up snooping around and Scot Pollard even moved out of Lawrence as a result. He even left the country for a few months and stayed on a remote island. He was that terrified.

Now I'm not a homer here. I'm not a cheerleader for anybody. I'm just a little guy on a radio show. I don't play favorites and I don't hold back with my job. That's what this is. My job. I'm a journalist. But where there's smoke, there's fire. Something is going on with Billy Preston and this is not a good look for Bill Self. It just isn't. Now don't get mad at me folks, I'm just reporting what I know. That's what I do. I don't have a dog in this fight. But this is a bad...bad look for Bill Self."

"I mean when Bill Self says he is out of it, that is as good as an admission of guilt as I've ever seen. Clearly he knows something and is trying to step back before it gets too ugly. This is like Rick Pitino at Louisville level of bad for KU."

"That's what I'm getting at, Danny. You see where there's smoke, there's fire. We all know how the University Daily Kansan sent a Freedom of Information Act notice to the FBI. They got a form letter back. Now, a form letter is just what the FBI sends that says they got your information. They never disclose information and they don't. But the fact that the UDK got this form letter is clear evidence that Bill Self and KU are under FBI Investigation. They're sniffing around about how Self recruited Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid. Self is guilty. He's not clean like Bruce Weber is. Weber has a history of being squeaky clean and when its all said and done, Bruce Weber will be....and this is a bold statement Danny, and I'm usually right one this....Bruce Weber will be the hottest coach in America. Everyone will want him. KU will want him. Kentucky. North Carolina. Duke. The NBA. The Kansas City Royals. The New England Patriots. Just whoever. This guy will be the biggest coach in the history of our time when its all said and done with this FBI Investigation of KU."

"I think anyone with any common sense realizes that Bruce Weber has been held back all these years because of Bill Self and his shady dealings. This is common knowledge that Bruce Weber is coaching legend. He took a one-loss Illinois team to the NCAA title game in 2005. He's hall of fame material."

"Exactly. And this is where Bill Self is in deep trouble with this Billy Preston thing. The FBI is snooping around Allen Fieldhouse right now. I've sent my own transgender associate, Laura Bauer from the KC Star to snoop around. This is going to get ugly for Bill Self. He pretty much admitted he was guilty by saying he was out of this one. The NCAA will be investigating. A Title IX Investigation will be announced any day now. ITs only going downhill from here for Bill Self and Kansas. We're talking about an illegal car dealership ring involving Bill Self, Scot Pollard, the Athletic Department, Mario Chalmers, Carlton Bragg. Anyone. Bragg was run out of town because of what happened to his car. It was never reported, but I knew about it. I only didn't report it out of respect to Carlton Bragg and his family. I didn't want to humiliate the kid. He's just a kid. I'm not that kind of guy to run a kid down or say anything demeaning to a child."

"You are wildly known around town about being a very generous, kind soul who does anything for anyone else. I mean your reputation speaks for itself. You'd let any curmudgeon sit on your lap if they asked."

"Exactly. Now I've taken a lot of flack over the years for my kindness. I go to Wayside Waifs weekly and help them give away dogs and get laughed at. Everyone was bitter and jealous of me for my kind gesture towards Thomas Robinson and his sister after they lost their mother and grandparents in a month. I reached out to her and reassured her of how lucky of a girl she was. I gave an intern a ride home from work one night and got pulled over in Prairie Village and harassed for no reason by the police. It seems the good guys just get treated the worst around here. And I'm an advocate for the good guys."

"That's why guys like Bill Self are always in hot water. They're never being the good guys."

"I know I'll take a lot of heat for this Danny..... But Billy Preston is done. That kid is finished at KU. He's probably going to be facing an indictment for fraud and money laundering. Scot Pollard, who already got mad at me once after I publicly called him out for this car ring years ago, will probably up and leave the country again. Bill Self is already packing his bags folks. We're talking widespread investigations here. Bill Self admitted it last night when he said he was out of it. He knows he's been caught. He knows he's guilty. This is the biggest scandal in college sports in over 50 years. This is bigger than SMU. This is bigger than all of the Baylor scandals. This is bigger than Missouri. This is way worse than North Carolina. This is the death of KU sports as we know it. A bunch of kids are going to end up expelled and in jail. Self is going away a long time. I just hope that the nice people at K-State give that nice guy Sheahon Zenger a chance to come home. He's really an innocent victim caught up in something terrible going on."

"I'd say this is worse than SMU, Baylor and UNC combined with what Billy Preston did. You're right, Kevin. That kid should never see the light of day again. And Zenger is just a nice guy.....doing his best in a bad situation, but is being held back by the corruptness of Bill Self and Scot Pollard and the illegal car dealership ring."

"You're very right, Danny. Now like I said, where there's smoke, there's fire. And Bill Self is guilty. You heard it here first, folks Bill Self will be sentenced to consecutive life sentences later on. Let's take a break and when we come back, we will talk about how Bill Snyder is the greatest man in the history of the state of Kansas."

Apparently, the vehicle wasn't registered to him or his family.

Pulled from the KU board and I don’t know anything about this guy who wrote the article and what kind of info he has.

"Well hello there folks its me Kevin Kietzman and you're listening to Between the Lines, a Kansas City tradition like no other. Now we got a big show today. I'm sure we could talk about Michael Porter Jr sitting out the college hoops season and how Bill Snyder is a legend. I'd love to talk about how great Bill Snyder is and how awesome it was to suck milk from his saggy teet....but I gotta say folks, something is going on in Lawrence. Something big is happening on Mt. Oread. And I'm doing some digging around."

"Now for those of you who don't know what happened, and we were the first to report this. Let me make that clear, I was the first one who broke this story. Billy Preston was benched for the season opener for KU by Bill Self for allegedly skipping class. Last night, he was benched for being in a single car accident and KU wants to look into where this car came from. My sources are telling me, and they are accurate, that this is car came from Scot Pollard.

Now hear me out on this. Scot Pollard has a history of giving cars to KU players. Remember years ago, I broke the story of Pollard giving his car to Tyshawn Taylor who let the Morris Twins drive his car. It was in an accident. The NCAA ended up snooping around and Scot Pollard even moved out of Lawrence as a result. He even left the country for a few months and stayed on a remote island. He was that terrified.

Now I'm not a homer here. I'm not a cheerleader for anybody. I'm just a little guy on a radio show. I don't play favorites and I don't hold back with my job. That's what this is. My job. I'm a journalist. But where there's smoke, there's fire. Something is going on with Billy Preston and this is not a good look for Bill Self. It just isn't. Now don't get mad at me folks, I'm just reporting what I know. That's what I do. I don't have a dog in this fight. But this is a bad...bad look for Bill Self."

"I mean when Bill Self says he is out of it, that is as good as an admission of guilt as I've ever seen. Clearly he knows something and is trying to step back before it gets too ugly. This is like Rick Pitino at Louisville level of bad for KU."

"That's what I'm getting at, Danny. You see where there's smoke, there's fire. We all know how the University Daily Kansan sent a Freedom of Information Act notice to the FBI. They got a form letter back. Now, a form letter is just what the FBI sends that says they got your information. They never disclose information and they don't. But the fact that the UDK got this form letter is clear evidence that Bill Self and KU are under FBI Investigation. They're sniffing around about how Self recruited Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid. Self is guilty. He's not clean like Bruce Weber is. Weber has a history of being squeaky clean and when its all said and done, Bruce Weber will be....and this is a bold statement Danny, and I'm usually right one this....Bruce Weber will be the hottest coach in America. Everyone will want him. KU will want him. Kentucky. North Carolina. Duke. The NBA. The Kansas City Royals. The New England Patriots. Just whoever. This guy will be the biggest coach in the history of our time when its all said and done with this FBI Investigation of KU."

"I think anyone with any common sense realizes that Bruce Weber has been held back all these years because of Bill Self and his shady dealings. This is common knowledge that Bruce Weber is coaching legend. He took a one-loss Illinois team to the NCAA title game in 2005. He's hall of fame material."

"Exactly. And this is where Bill Self is in deep trouble with this Billy Preston thing. The FBI is snooping around Allen Fieldhouse right now. I've sent my own transgender associate, Laura Bauer from the KC Star to snoop around. This is going to get ugly for Bill Self. He pretty much admitted he was guilty by saying he was out of this one. The NCAA will be investigating. A Title IX Investigation will be announced any day now. ITs only going downhill from here for Bill Self and Kansas. We're talking about an illegal car dealership ring involving Bill Self, Scot Pollard, the Athletic Department, Mario Chalmers, Carlton Bragg. Anyone. Bragg was run out of town because of what happened to his car. It was never reported, but I knew about it. I only didn't report it out of respect to Carlton Bragg and his family. I didn't want to humiliate the kid. He's just a kid. I'm not that kind of guy to run a kid down or say anything demeaning to a child."

"You are wildly known around town about being a very generous, kind soul who does anything for anyone else. I mean your reputation speaks for itself. You'd let any curmudgeon sit on your lap if they asked."

"Exactly. Now I've taken a lot of flack over the years for my kindness. I go to Wayside Waifs weekly and help them give away dogs and get laughed at. Everyone was bitter and jealous of me for my kind gesture towards Thomas Robinson and his sister after they lost their mother and grandparents in a month. I reached out to her and reassured her of how lucky of a girl she was. I gave an intern a ride home from work one night and got pulled over in Prairie Village and harassed for no reason by the police. It seems the good guys just get treated the worst around here. And I'm an advocate for the good guys."

"That's why guys like Bill Self are always in hot water. They're never being the good guys."

"I know I'll take a lot of heat for this Danny..... But Billy Preston is done. That kid is finished at KU. He's probably going to be facing an indictment for fraud and money laundering. Scot Pollard, who already got mad at me once after I publicly called him out for this car ring years ago, will probably up and leave the country again. Bill Self is already packing his bags folks. We're talking widespread investigations here. Bill Self admitted it last night when he said he was out of it. He knows he's been caught. He knows he's guilty. This is the biggest scandal in college sports in over 50 years. This is bigger than SMU. This is bigger than all of the Baylor scandals. This is bigger than Missouri. This is way worse than North Carolina. This is the death of KU sports as we know it. A bunch of kids are going to end up expelled and in jail. Self is going away a long time. I just hope that the nice people at K-State give that nice guy Sheahon Zenger a chance to come home. He's really an innocent victim caught up in something terrible going on."

"I'd say this is worse than SMU, Baylor and UNC combined with what Billy Preston did. You're right, Kevin. That kid should never see the light of day again. And Zenger is just a nice guy.....doing his best in a bad situation, but is being held back by the corruptness of Bill Self and Scot Pollard and the illegal car dealership ring."

"You're very right, Danny. Now like I said, where there's smoke, there's fire. And Bill Self is guilty. You heard it here first, folks Bill Self will be sentenced to consecutive life sentences later on. Let's take a break and when we come back, we will talk about how Bill Snyder is the greatest man in the history of the state of Kansas."

There's some serious hyperbole in this. I'm sure a lot of that happened - but no way any kids are going to jail lmao, especially for money laundering... does this guy even know what money laundering involves?

The worst piece of hyperbole is the notion that Bruce Webber will be the hottest coach in the country

True, he repeatedly claims he is unbiased/not a fan of anyone, but says a current in-state coach is the hottest and cleanest in America. Okay bud.

There's some serious hyperbole in this. I'm sure a lot of that happened - but no way any kids are going to jail lmao, especially for money laundering... does this guy even know what money laundering involves?
Yeah I have no idea who this guy is or how credible, I just saw it on the KU board and thought I would share...

Reactions: shaolin style

There are going to be few people who will think this is true. SMH.

The guy who supposedly wrote this is Kevin Keitzman, a Kansas State grad & sports talk show host here in Kansas City. Most KU fans despise this guy. Obviously, a Kansas fan took snippets from Keitzman over the years & embellished quite a bit. Funny stuff about Weber as he is a decent coach but awful recruiter who is a master at creating low expectations while constantly bubble grinding.

As I recall, players are required to register their cars with the athletic department just so there are no questions. Apparently, this car wasn't registered and raised some questions.

Reactions: Catzman

"You're very right, Danny. Now like I said, where there's smoke, there's fire. And Bill Self is guilty. You heard it here first, folks Bill Self will be sentenced to consecutive life sentences later on. Let's take a break and when we come back, we will talk about how Bill Snyder is the greatest man in the history of the state of Kansas."[/QUOLove the tie to a Kansas State Hack. Check this dudes record. Class is not his strong point nor is truth

It is literally every year that this shit goes down at KU. Every year players have eligibility concerns, players are arrested, improper benefits are discovered. We don’t even hear about half the shit. Was the huge ticket scandal where the employees embezzled an ass ton of money a few years ago talked about?

Silents is right, the place is one giant cesspool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT